48. ~Video Camera~
686 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eva lead the way and asked the desk clerk where Braxton resided within the hospital.

“Second floor. If you take those stairs it's just around the corner to the left,” the clerk said.

Eva thanked her and together Sasha and Eva entered the staircase. A video camera sat on the wall in front of them in plain sight. On the ceiling of the second floor, another camera sat upside-down.

Sasha frowned.

Eva opened the door to the second floor, and they walked around the corner to Braxton's room.

Sasha counted another four cameras along the length of the hallway.

No one is going to hurt anyone in this building and get away with it.

Sasha stayed by the door while Eva approached her boyfriend. Who lay in his bed, dressed in hospital clothes.

“Eva!” Braxton shifted on his bed, then he glanced toward the door. “...Sasha,” he said softly.

Eva stopped in her tracks and spun back, glaring at Sasha.

“Well, you better tell her now, Braxton,” Sasha said. “Or should I break your other leg too?”

Tears streamed down Eva's eyes. “You said you wouldn't-”

Braxton cleared his throat, interrupting Eva.

Eva spun back.

Sasha took in the arrogant grin on Braxton's face. The bastard isn't going to hold back. Good.

“Eva, I'm sorry, but I never really wanted to be your boyfriend,” Braxton glared at Sasha. “I was after Sasha, but then that little creep came out of nowhere and ruined everything.”

Sasha walked in, placing her hand on Eva's back for comfort, Eva swatted her away.

“I thought... I... you still hurt him!” Eva accused.

“He attacked Yatsu, so I stopped him,” Sasha said. “It wasn't just him either. If I wasn't there, it'd be Yatsu laying in this bed right now.”

“But- weren't you hit by a truck?” Eva asked Braxton.

Braxton scratched his head, shrugged, and lifted up his shirt, revealing a big bruise.

“Didn't hit me too hard, but man it hurt,” he dropped his shirt. “Damn thing came out of nowhere, or at least, that's what I was told. I don't remember too much about the accident.”

Eva wiped away her tears.

Sasha placed her hand on Eva's shoulder again. “Why don't you go wash up?”

Eva nodded and scampered out of the room.

After Sasha was sure she left, she glared at Braxton.

Braxton's arrogant smile remained. “You can't touch me here, and when I get out-”

“-if you so much as touch Yatsu, Eva or me again, I will throw you in front of something much bigger than a truck,” Sasha finished for him. “Or, better yet-” Sasha pointed to his leg. “-after you get out I'll break that same leg again, and again, and again.”

Braxton paled.

“You'll be limping the rest of your life after the second break and hopping on one foot after the third. I can make it look like an accident every time. After all, it looks pretty fragile right now,” Oh, but that's not all I want to break. Sasha licked her lips. “What creative accidents will you get yourself into I wonder?”

“Get away from me,” Braxton turned away and looked out the window.

Sasha grinned, and heard Eva's footsteps as she entered the room.

“Shall we go?” Sasha suggested.

Eva's attempt to doll herself up went to waste. She'll cry later too, I hope she holds it in till we reach her place.

Eva nodded, “goodbye... Braxton,” she said quietly.

Braxton didn't respond, causing more tears to fall.

Psh. You will never learn. Stupid girl.

16