CHILDHOOD 29
115 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the lunch incident, Mo Yuan left the dining room because of being too embarrassed to see Han Luo. Yet now, his mother embarrassed him in front of his teacher. He couldn't understand if his mother was trying to be his enemy or not. He may have been a five years old kid, but he still had prestige. What about his dignity? Was that less important than his mother's silly talk?

 

However, from Ma Rui's point of view, it was a very serious matter. She thought to herself, 'When it comes to romance, you have to face it head-on. You cannot dilly dally about such a serious matter or the love of your life will go to someone else!' No doubt, she was terrified that this little cutie pie would be snatched by the Tang Family.

 

Miss Mei didn't have to be a genius to understand what was going on between Ma Rui, Mo Yuan, and Han Luo. She disguised her laughter behind a façade of elegance. Her expression didn't change – she didn't want to embarrass her five years old student.

 

Mo Yuan glanced at his teacher for a second and was relieved that Miss Mei didn't pay attention to his crazy mother. He quickly finished his studies while little Luo kept drawing. He no longer wanted to be in the same room as his mother. Could anyone blame him for wanting to avoid his mother? He didn't know how many more days, weeks, or even months he had to suffer under his mother.

 

But the heavens showed him grace as Mo Yuan's suffering ceased two days later when Tang Yujin unexpectedly visited the Mo Mansion. The harsh sunlight impaled the Mo Residence. Its rays reflected into the courtyard, piercing through the trees' pall of shadows.

 

Han Luo was the first one to notice him when he got out of the car. Her face was cleansed in happiness as she ran toward him. "Big brother Yujin!"

 

Tang Yujin noticed her straight away, but he paused when he realized that she was in a polar bear costume. He covered his mouth to hide his laughter. She looked too cute; it was almost like a baby polar bear was stumbling toward him. The young boy raised his hands forward, and her soft body leaped into his warm embrace.

 

Tang Yujin hugged her tightly. He smiled refreshingly and asked, "Little Luo, are you happy to see me?"

 

"Yes! Yes! I'm happy!" Han Luo felt as though her heart was laved by irradiance.

 

"Is that Xiao Yujin?" a voice asked from the corner.

 

---------

 

Ma Rui was done taking photos of Han Luo and was walking in the rose garden. She saw Han Luo running toward the concrete path while calling out a 'man's' name that didn't belong to her son. Then she spotted a 'handsome man' and a 'polar bear woman' hugging each other romantically.

 

As her imagination ran wild, the innocent pair were chatting happily.

 

Ma Rui forced herself to smile and asked, "Is that Xiao Yujin?" It was too painful for her to look directly at the hugging "couple".

 

Tang Yujin took a step back from Han Luo and respectfully bowed. "Yes, auntie. I'm sorry for coming here without contacting you first."

 

Ma Rui's eyes transfixed on Tang Yujin's hands, which were all over Han Luo's body.

 

[A/N: Actually, Tang Yujin was only holding Han Luo's shoulders. There was nothing appropriate going on between two innocent children.]

 

"What do you mean? You are Xiao Yuan's friend. You are welcome in this house at any time!" Although Ma Rui seemed sincere, her voice was shallow; she didn't speak from her heart. "Weren't you in Japan with your family?" She was meaning to ask, 'Why the hell are you here for? Are you trying to steal my daughter-in-law… oops … daughter?' There was no way she could say that. She was an adult after all.

 

Tang Yujin coolly replied, "I just came back yesterday. I thought I should give Xiao Yuan and little Luo a surprise." His eyes were gentle as he gazed at Han Luo. "I was a little worried about her. I thought she wasn't having a good time since she's scared of Xiao Yuan."

 

"Luo'er is scared of Xiao Yuan?!" Ma Rui gasped. She imagined that Han Luo would avoid Mo Yuan, but not in a million years did she ever think that Han Luo was scared of Mo Yuan. If there is fear, love cannot be bloomed; to bloom a flower, it needs to be nurtured. If this continues, Han Luo would be certainly captured by Tang Yujin.

 

"Yujin?" Mo Yuan spoke from the entrance. After his photoshoot, where he wore a polar bear costume, he swiftly changed his clothes and came down from upstairs. He was thinking of going to the lake until he saw his friend – who was supposed to be in Japan – speaking with his mother. In between his friend's arms was a polar bear.

 

"Xiao Yuan, how have you been?" Tang Yujin cheerfully asked his friend.

 

Mo Yuan responded, "I'm all right. When did you come back?" He thought that his friend was gone for three weeks and didn't think that Tang Yujin would come back before then.

 

Tang Yujin answered, "I came back yesterday. We weren't able to spend time after the summer vacation, so I thought that we could play together."

 

 "Of course, you can play," Ma Rui interrupted. "Come inside. I'm sure my son was missing his friend, as well. You two can play together while I ask the chef to cook your favorite dishes."

 

"That's very kind of you, auntie." Tang Yujin politely remarked.

 

"Oh dear, you are so polite. All right, you two play, okay? Me and Luo'er have something to do." Ma Rui came forward, took Han Luo's left hand, and stormed inside. She didn't want Han Luo to have a rapport with Tang Yujin any further. What if love bloomed between them? There was no place in her heart to accept that.

 

 

 

 

2