Prologue
4.3k 6 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In alternate universe earth 1744 years after the apocalypse.

In the Kingdom of Japan lives a 15 years old boy named Kirishima Soma.

The boy, Soma was raised in an orphanage in the capital city Tokyo,

The orphanage was managed by a beautiful woman named Yuki and her husband Matsuo.

Yuki is a mage that is good at using healing magic, she was a famous adventurer in the past and her beauty was known throughout the capital city and the surrounding territories especially amongst the nobles.

She was asked by multiple nobles to marry them or to become their concubine but she refused all of them which turned their favor into hate and jealousy towards the man she married later on Matsuo the manager of a certain poor orphanage in the capital.

Matsuo worked as an adventurer as well but he retired earlier than Yuki due to losing one of his legs during a quest. When he was still active he was loved by the poor folk in the capital because he would use most of his earnings to buy food for the poor and brought his friend Yuki with him to heal the injured and sick for free, after he was injured he used all of his savings to buy a big house in the capital and married Yuki and they together turned the house into an orphanage and took in the abandoned children from the slums and raised them.

One of the first children they took in was Soma. A boy with bad eyesight and a bottomless hunger for knowledge, but he was mana-less as well.

In this world were magic meant everything those without mana are very rare to find and Soma was one of those mana-less, and surprisingly he was doing perfectly fine and that is all thanks to his vast knowledge. He was one of those who possessed a perfect memory, once he read, see, taste, hear, or feels something he would never forget about it and he used this ability of his to learn swordsmanship from Matsuo and started working as an adventurer since he was 10 years old and was using his earnings to ether support the orphanage or to buy books.

Matsuo and Yuki made him use their last name “Kirishima” so that people would trust him more in the adventurers guild and when doing odd jobs in the city, the couple never wanted him to work as an adventurer nor did they wished for him to support the orphanage, but they decided to respect his decision to support them because they knew how much they meant to him.

But at the same time, they didn’t want to stand in the way of his future, that’s why they have been saving money little by little in secret and finally five years later, once Soma turned 15 years old they used that money to enroll him into the best academy in the country, The Royal Academy.

 
 
78