Chapter 3: Bloody Hole
3.4k 10 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
How about I make a discord server?
  • Yes, do it! Votes: 132 75.9%
  • No, Don't! Votes: 42 24.1%
Total voters: 174

==============Soma’s POV==============

My sight came back to me inside some kind of dark cave that is illuminated by some kind of red liquid that is emitting red light.

 

The red liquid was secreted from the walls of the cave and was slowly dripping down to the ground and then flowing towards the darkness behind me.

 

I noticed that the ground is slightly inclined and the red liquid was flowing down the incline towards the darkness behind me. I thought of following it and checking it out.

 

I walked down the incline slowly while crouching so to not attract the attention of monsters, after walking for nearly 15 minutes I arrived at the end of the cave and what I saw nearly caused me to vomit.

 

At the end of the cave, there was a pulsating wall of flesh that was covered by that red liquid. It was as if I was looking at the inner organs with blood leaking from all over them.

 

I decided to return back to where I started and after walking for 15 minutes I was already back.

 

“Now I need to think about my survival in here and after that, I need to come up with a way fight back against her and her heroes”(Soma)

 

(Let’s start by looking at the informations I have on this place….. this place is called “Bloody Hole”, which means that this place is under the ground from the word “Hole” in its name and the rocky appearance of the walls, the word “Bloody” must be coming from that red liquid and what I found in the back……. And from what I could see in the back, it seems that the end of this cave is there where the wall of flesh is, which means that I might be in the deepest part of the “Bloody Hole” and that I need to head up the incline if I want to get to the surface again…… lastly, I remember that rotten Goddess says “It’s a place where the worst of monsters are sealed” which means that this place is filled with extremely strong monsters, looking at the condition of the ground there are at least ten monsters nearby and all of them are up the incline)(Soma)

 

“I don’t have any weapons with me right now so I’ll need to avoid fighting the monsters in here as much as possible”(Soma)

 

---Another one---

---A new one----

 

I started walking up the incline slowly while trying to not make any sound, I am walking in the middle of the cave to avoid being cornered by some unknown monster and to widen my field of vision. when I tried walking near the wall I was not able to see past the middle of the cave and that risked me going past a monster and to be attacked by it from behind later on.

 

---Another one disposed of---

---Not fair---

---Why us?---

 

I walked for nearly 30 minutes and the first monster appeared, it looks like a bipedal wolf that has three heads and its whole body was covered by pulsating red vines that emitted red light, they reminded me of the red liquid on the walls and the wall of flesh.

 

---Not fair!---

---All because of her---

 

(This is the worst! A monster from the canid family… it does not need to see me to find me, it can find me by my smell alone)(Soma)

 

For some time now I have been hearing voices inside my head and the more I advance the more intense they get. I need to ignore them and concentrate more on my survival but I can’t help but understand them and feel as if they are trying to help me for some reason.

 

---Do you lack power?---

---Or was you hated by your fellow summoned Heroes?---

 

The three-headed wolf monster started walking towards me with a sadistic smile on their faces. Once it was 3 meters away from me it started laughing and moved its right foot to the front and attacked me with its right claw.

 

I anticipated its attack once it has moved its right foot to the front and moved to its right while crouching and its claw attack passed above me. Once I was behind it I tried punching it on the sacrum part of the spine but my attack was stopped by its skin alone.

 

(Its skin is so hard! It was like punching a block of metal! I don’t have enough strength to hurt it)(Soma)

 

---It was the same for us---

---we tried to fight back in order to survive---

 

(As I am right now I can’t defeat this monster that’s why I need to think of a way to escape from it, but looking at the structure of its legs I’m sure that this monster is faster than me)(Soma)

 

I took my distance from it right after my attack failed and I’m right now 3 meters away from it. The monster started laughing and faced me again but with a bigger sadistic smile on its faces.

 

---Do you desire power?---

 

(Power? Of course, I do!)(Soma)

 

---To survive? To kill that evil Goddess?---

 

(Do you need to ask? Of course, to do both!)(Soma)

 

---Then come to me! You can sense my location, right?---

 

(20 meters from here on the left wall!)(Soma)

 

---Impressive! Come! Find me and my power will be yours!---

 

Do I trust that voice? That question came to my mind but I decided to trust the voice because I have no other way to survive.

 

But how do I do it? I don’t think this monster is going to let me go, based on this monsters smile I think that it must be enjoying this situation right now, I’m sure that it's not going to kill me easily and that it’s going to enjoy tormenting me to death.

 

(Which means that I need to act as if I’m struggling and make my way the voice’s location)(Soma)

 

I started moving backwards toward the voice while showing my fear on my face, the monster liked it and started walking towards me while laughing, seeing that I increased my walking speed slightly to maintain the 3 meters distance between us.

 

15 meters to the voice.

 

The monster raised its right hand and attacked me with its claw again. I dodged to the left but not completely letting it hit my right arm to test out its strength and to make it believe that I’m weak. Its attack was strong enough to throw me back 7 meters towards the voice but breaking my arm in the process.

 

8 meters to the voice.

 

I started crawling on the ground to make it think that I have injured my leg. and the monster believed my acting and did not try to close the distance between us and started pointing at me and laughing at my crawling on the ground.

 

4 meters to the voice.

 

(I should be near the voice’s location right now)(Soma)

 

I looked back behind me and saw an opening on the wall behind me, it was as if I was looking at a doorless room behind me.

 

(Now is my chance!)(Soma)

 

I dashed with everything I had towards the doorless room behind me, but as I did the monster closed the distance between us very quickly, but it was too late to do that and by the time it was right behind my back I passed through the opening and the monster stopped moving completely.

 

I looked back at the monster and was surprised to see it walking away, it was as if it has lost all interest in me.

 

(It can’t leave the confines of the cave’s wall?)(Soma)

 

I looked at the inside of the room and found 11 skeletons sitting on the ground next to each other. One adult and ten children.

 
83