Chapter 4: 【The Archives Of Knowledge】
3.5k 9 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

==============Soma’s POV==============

Inside the room, I found 11 skeletons, one belonged to an adult, and ten belonged to children, the adult skeleton was fused to the wall and ground and the children's’ skeletons were holding each other’s hands.

 

Other than the skeletons there was a sword and a dagger, armor, and some clothes as well, along with potions and some money and crystals.

 

“You did well reaching me, young man”(?)

 

Suddenly the adult skeleton started talking to me but I did not feel any hostility from it.

 

“What are you?”(Soma)

 

“Forgive my rudeness, my name is Sai and I was the last one to be sent here before you, or should I say we were”(Sai)

 

“Are you a human?”(Soma)

 

“I was once, right now I’m nothing but a pile of bones fused to the wall”(Sai)

 

“Do you have any healing potions amongst those?”(Soma)

 

“Yes, the green ones”(Sai)

 

“May I use one of them? I broke my arm on my way here you see”(Soma)

 

“Go ahead, I have no use for them anymore as you can see”(Sai)

 

I took one of the green potions and used it on my broken arm and it was restored in no time.

 

“You said you guys were the last to be sent this place before me, what did you mean by that?”(Soma)

 

“Yes, just like you we were summoned from our world to this one, in our case it was me and the kids I was taking care of in my orphanage”(Sai)

 

“Orphanage? And you were the only adult?”(Soma)

 

“Yes, back in the world we came from I was managing the orphanage I built myself, and one day I was teaching them how to read and write when a magic circle appeared on the floor and you know the rest”(Sai)

 

“Why were you guys disposed of?”(Soma)

 

“After being summoned it turned out that I was the only one capable of fighting and so the Evil Goddess and the King came to the conclusion that the kids are trash and to be disposed of”(Sai)

 

“That Rotten Goddess has been rotten since long ago it seems”(Soma)

 

“Rotten Goddess is it? Heh it’s better than the name Evil Goddess I came up with”(Sai)

 

“What happened to you after that?”(Soma)

 

“I was able to convince them that I alone am going to fight enough for 11 people and fought and fought for a whole year when the Rotten Goddess demanded that over the young girls I’m taking care of so she can give them to some of the nobles as a playthings”(Sai)

 

“What the hell? Didn’t she promise to leave the kids alone?”(Soma)

 

“At the start, she did but soon enough the nobles started eyeing the kids weirdly which forced me to take them with me to the battlefield to protect them from the nobles and she did not like that, for some reason she wanted to see the kids suffer at the hands of her followers and me taking the kids to the battlefield prevented her from that, she treated it as a rebellion and sent all of us here”(Sai)

 

“I see, so that happened to you….. but looking at the quality of your sword over there, I assume you were able to kill the likes of the three-headed wolf monster so what led to your death?”(Soma)

 

“You are right, I was able to kill those monsters, then suddenly the kids started acting strangely, some had a fever and some started holding their heads and screaming and some lost their ability to see, that was when I made this room into the wall of the cave where the monsters can’t reach and started checking the kids when suddenly a window appeared in front of my eyes saying “I hope you liked the little gift I left with your kids~♪” it was from that Rotten Goddess, she was the one responsible for what was happening the kids, I tried curing them but to no avail and they started dying one after the other leaving me alone”(Sai)

 

“Must have been a nightmare”(Soma)

 

“It was, my heart was filled with hate and desire for revenge till it almost drove me insane, that was when I decided to use a forbidden art from my world to do two things, first is to use the souls of those who died in here while holding their feelings of hate towards that Rotten Goddess to make a weapon fueled by their desire to take revenge on that Goddess including us ten, of course, and second to turn my body into a monster using the cave itself so I can hand the weapon to the next person who is sent here”(Sai)

 

“Weapon? Is it the power you talked about before?”(Soma)

 

“Yes, but it’s not just a weapon, what I did is that I took the souls and memories and knowledge and abilities of those who died in here and affixed them to the book I was teaching the kids from, the book over there, by wearing that bracelet placed on top of the book you’ll fuse the souls, knowledge, memories, and abilities of all of us who died in here with your own soul, making them yours”(Sai)

 

“What are the downsides of this power?”(Soma)

 

“Two downsides. The first one is that the changes will occur to your soul and not your body that’s why all the abilities written on the book are dependent on your level and statuses, exempt for the magic that is, so you’ll need to raise your level as much as possible and this place is the perfect place for that since all of the monsters in here are ridiculously strong and the stronger the monster you kill the more XP you’ll get”(Sai)

 

“Wait, what about magic?”(Soma)

 

“Since the power, I’m giving to you is made out of souls, the book will have its own mana and you’ll be able to use the magic written on the book with its own mana”(Sai)

 

“I see, and then what is the second downside?”(Soma)

 

“Since what you’ll take and fuse with your soul are the souls, knowledge, memories, and abilities of all of us who died in here you’ll have to live through all of our suffering and pain we have felt since coming to this world and you’ll have to take all of our hatred upon yourself and if you had a weak mind you’ll die”(Sai)

 

“I see, if this power is going to be my means to survive then I’m willing to take the risk and more than that, you are going to give a huge amount of knowledge with this power? Then there is no way I’m not gonna take it!”(Soma)

 

I walked towards the red book by the corner and took the bracelet placed on top of it and wore it on my left wrist. As I did that the red jewel on the bracelet started glowing and the bracelet started getting tighter and tighter on my wrist, soon enough the bracelet started digging into my wrist and blood started flowing down my hand, but I did not react to that. Why? Because I was preoccupied with processing the huge amount of information that surged inside me.

 

---The women who were blessed with healing magic but was disposed of, because she refused to heal the hero who enjoyed killing the townspeople---

 

---The man who was very adept at using fire magic but was disposed of, because he didn’t want to kill the weak heroes who were summoned with him---

 

---The couple who loved each other a lot but were disposed of, because they refused to obey the Goddess when she asked them to break off ---

 

==========================================

And lastly.

---The man who fought more than anyone to protect his kids but was disposed of, because he did not want to forsake his kids---

 

After the process was done I looked at the book but it has disappeared, but I know already where it is.

 

I opened my left hand and wished for the book to appear and it manifested from thin air on top of my hand, and when I let go of it, it disappeared. I looked at the bracelet and it has become level with the rest of my wrist, it became one with my body.

 

(I better check this new power out!)(Soma)

 

I walked out of the room and manifested the book before throwing a stone at the monster who walked away earlier, the monster noticed me and started laughing at me like it did before and started walking towards me, and while it did that I started calling out a set of words in my head.

 

{Body Reinforcement} Physical status X10

{Steel Skin} Transform all of the skin into Steel for 30 sec

{Speed Up} Agility X10 (Stackable)

 

Once the three-headed wolf monster was 3 meters away from me, it raised its right arm up and attacked me with its claws.

 

I saw that coming and moved to the left while crouching and then I stepped forward passing it, then I faced its back and stabbed it in the back with my hand reaching for its heart crushing it.

 

“Gurrah…..!”

 

<<Level Up!>> <<Lv.1 to Lv.5!>>

 

“I need a name for this new power of mine………I got it! From this moment onward your name is…………………. 【The Archives Of knowledge】”(Soma)

 

NAME: Kirishima Soma.

RACE: Human.

TITLE: Bloody Kid, Knowledge Glutton, The Holder Of 【The Archives Of knowledge】.

LEVEL: 5

HP: 20

MP: 0

ATK: 30

DEF: 30

INT: 1500

AGI: 50

MAGIC:

SKILLS: 【The Archives Of knowledge】

 
79