Chapter 9: Aiko
3.4k 11 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

=============Maki Aiko’s POV=============

It’s been a week since Soma-san was disposed of and at the moment the Goddess and our stupid princes think that Soma-san is dead already.

But they are mistaken, they don’t know who they are talking about. Soma-san is without any doubt alive. But why do they think that he died? That’s because his signal has disappeared from the Goddess’s pink system and that means that he died.

But what if he found a way to remove the pink system from himself? That’s what’s scary about Soma-san. For some reason, he is able to do those kinds of things all the time.

The first time I heard about Soma-san was from my father, the commander of the kingdom’s knights and the strongest knight in Japan, years ago he came back home covered in small cuts and bruises me and my mother were surprised to see that and my mother quickly used healing magic to heal his injuries.

“That was so much fun! I’m going to do it again tomorrow!”(Father)

“Why are you talking to yourself like that?! What exactly happened to you out there?”(Mother)

“Father who did this to you and why are you happy about it?”(Aiko)

“Hear this A-tan! Your father finally found himself a rival!”(Father)

“Dear, is that right? You found a rival that can keep with you, the strongest knight?”(Mother)

“Let alone keeping up with me that guy fought on equal footing with me! Yes equal, I didn’t lose so you know!”(Father)

“Father, did you lose?”(Aiko)

“I-I-I didn’t!!..... he was able to walk away at the end without a scratch while I was covered in them but that doesn’t mean I lost! Right?”(Father)

“So you did lose, Haah to think that the strongest knight lost, who is that guy that broke your nose?”(Mother)

“Guhh………”(Father)

After that, he spent the rest of the day sulking and Mother kept teasing him about it.

And after that, he kept coming home covered in injuries and Mother would heal him happily, even though he was coming home covered in injuries he seemed happy about it, that’s why I started following him in secret to find out who his rival was.

What I found shocked me, what I saw was the figure of my father attacking a kid who seemed the same age as me with a real sword from behind, I was about to start running after him to stop him but the kid moved faster than me and slashed at my Father with his sword from a strangely low posture injuring him on the neck.

“So you came again? Haah, why do you keep attacking me like this every day? And this time from behind, give me a break, Old man”(Kid)

“Hahahaha! That’s what I would expect from you, my rival!”(Father)

“Old man, are you that free? Why don’t you go home and let your wife tease you, I know she like doing that”(Kid)

“S-S-She don’t like doing that!”(Father)

Father started attacking the kid again and the kid defended against his attacks, even though the kid was only defending against Father’s attacks the number of injuries on my Father’s body increased till he was covered in them and finally my Father dropped down from tiredness and pain from the injuries covering his body.

And then the kid tried to stab my Father on the head while laying down, Father moved his head and the kid’s sword stabbed the ground, I was surprised by that action but Father was …

“Oiii!! Could you stop doing this every time you see me laying on the ground!”(Father)

“Tsk…. Don’t worry I was just trying to finish you off that’s all”(Kid)

“Finish me NOT! Don’t give me this crap! Trying to kill your rival like that! Don’t you have any kindness in your heart?”(Father)

“I don’t want to hear that from the Old man who attacked me from behind all of sudden today”(kid)

“Don’t be like that. I attacked you from behind because I was frustrated since I never was able to land a hit on you before so I thought that I may have a chance if I attacked from behind”(Father)

“…”(Kid)

“Why are you brandishing your sword like that?...... No, you can’t be thinking”(Father)

*Stab*

“Oiii! You trying to kill me or what!!..*Stab*... STOP!...*Stab*... No, please stop!...*Stab*… stop trying to stab my head silently like that it is really creepy!...*Stab*… STOP!!......”(Father)

I continued following my Father every day as he kept challenging the Kid, and one day I was surprised when my father attacked the kid with fire magic but I was surprised more when the kid suddenly cut the fireball in half destroying it, and after they were done fighting I approached them to ask how did he do it.

“excuse me, earlier you cut that fireball with your sword, how did you do it?”(Aiko)

“A-tan!! What are you doing here?!”(Father)

“Wait, you didn’t know? She has been coming to see us fight for days now, didn’t you bring her with you?”(Kid)

“Whaaat?! How could I not notice my daughter following me?”(Father)

“You probably was so excited to notice, Idiot”(Kid)

“That ‘Idiot’ was unneeded!”(Father)

“Sorry for my late introduction, my name is Maki Aiko I’m this man’s daughter”(Aiko)

“I’m Soma”(Soma)

“Soma-san, Please could you answer my earlier question?”(Aiko)

“That’s right how did you cut my magic down?”(Father)

“… When invoking magic a magic circle appears at the place where the magic is invoked, right?”(Soma)

“Yes”(Father)

“That’s right!”(Aiko)

“This time the magic circle appeared in front of the Old man’s hand and after the fireball is launched the magic circle became the core of the spell and all I did was cut that core with my sword”(Soma)

“How? It should have been impossible to interfere with the spell’s core with anything other than mana”(Aiko)

“And that’s what I did, I channeled mana through the sword and released it at the core upon contact”(Soma)

“Wait, you don’t have any mana, so how did you channel mana through the sword?”(Father)

“I never said that I used my mana”(Soma)

“… What do mean?”(Aiko)

“You know that those who have mana have small channels throughout their bodies for the mana to flow through, right?”

“…Yeah”(Father)

“Un…”(Aiko)

“From the start of the fight, I have been slashing at the mana channels on the Old man’s body causing a small amount of mana to be discharged into the tip of my sword each time I slashed, and to use magic the Old man had to control his mana to release the exact needed amount of mana to invoke the fireball he imagined and when I slashed the core of the fireball the mana in the tip of my sword and the mana in the core resonated with each other causing some amount of the mana in the tip of my sword to be taken in by the core and since the two mana’s came from the same person they were the same causing the same effect if you channeled more mana than what you needed to invoke the effect you imagined causing the spell to go out of control and fail thus the fireball the Old man fired at me failed and dispersed”(Soma)

“…”(Aiko)

I was stunned because of what I heard to the point of planking out not understanding all he said.

“…You are telling me that you did all of this while receiving my attacks and defending against them?”(Father)

“What are you talking about? I have been doing this since the first time you attacked me, and not just against you, I have been doing the same to every person that came to attack me and to the monsters I killed for the guild as well”(Soma)

We didn’t say anything to him, No, we couldn’t say anything.

Soma-san is someone who is able to pull off things like this easily and this one thing was just the tip of the iceberg of the things he was able to do, so him finding a way to remove the Goddess’s pink system is the most possible reason for the disappearance of his signal.

I have to work hard to level up to join him when he comes back to take his revenge on the Goddess for trying to kill him.

This stupid Goddess made an enemy of the worst opponent ever.

 
95