Chapter 16: Yume
3.1k 11 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you Leroy for becoming a Patron, and I hope that I'm able to satisfy you with the content I have.

Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

==================================================================================================================================================================================================

============Yumehara Yume’s POV============

It’s been more than a month since Soma-kun was disposed of and everyone other than me and Ai-chan thinks that he is already dead.

Our classmates have spent their time in complete depravity, and all of that is the fault of the nobles of this country. One month ago the goddess announced that she has used a lot of her divinity to summon us to this world and that she needs to go back to her sanctuary to rest, she told us that the chief God of this world would wake up from his sleep in a year time and that until then she is going to sleep to recover her own divinity.

The nobles started providing us the heroes with slaves to serve us but strangely enough, all the slaves were sex slaves both males and females, of course, I along with Ai-chan refused them, and we refused all the nobles and the royal family attempts to get close to us. The idiot prince didn’t like that and came ordering us to become his women and when both of us refused he unsheathed his sword and came attacking, but we retaliated by Ai-chan chopping his right arm off and me burning the left one with fire magic, we were going to kill him there and then but the Goddess stopped us and offered a deal to us, that is don’t kill him and no one would mess with us ever again, we asked her why don’t she dispose of us, she answered that is because Ai-chan is the strongest in terms of martial arts and I am the strongest in terms of magic amongst the heroes and disposing of us would be a loss to her, she announced that if anyone tried to mess with us again we are free to kill them, and finished off by saying that we are going to see the truth soon enough before going to heal the prince.

I was curious and asked one of the maids who is this Chief God that the goddess talked about, and she told me that he is the first hero summoned to this world and that he is someone who helped the Goddess of Love to destroy the evil gods who were using the humans for their entertainment and that they are the once who created the races other than the humans, and upon destroying the evil Gods he gained their divinity, and he used that divinity to return the humans to their glory as the superior race of this world, and because of his sacrifice he needed to recover and that’s why he has been sleeping for the past 7000 years.

(This is… signs of Brainwashing Magic?!)(Yume)

Once the maid started to explain the story of the Chief God she started to show signs of being brainwashed, I tried to ask the same of other maids and noblewomen, and they all showed the same signs, which means that they were all brainwashed by the same person and only one person capable of that, the Goddess, which she is lying and this story about the Evil Gods is all but a hoax.

After three days from the incident with the prince, we started to feel the effects of Brainwashing Magic on us, but we are right now in the forest near the Capital laughing together not concerned about that, we are in the forest hunting monsters to level up when we felt the effects of the Brainwashing Magic and that reminded us of my first meeting with Soma-kun.

One day when I was training in magic with my father the Court Magician of Japan when Ai-chan and her father came to visit us dragging a boy behind them, the boy was reading a book he had his face glued on it and never looked around him and just kept reading that book.

“What a rare guest we have here! And who is that kid you are dragging behind you?”(Father)

“Good afternoon, Yume!”(Aiko)

“Good afternoon, Ai-chan! Did you come to play?”(Yume)

“We came to show you two something interesting we found!”(Uncle)

“Interesting? What do you mean?”(Father)

“It’s this guy here! He is My Rival Soma”(Uncle)

“Rival? What do you mean by that? All I see is a kid reading a book”(Father)

“Sheeeeesh!! Shut your mouth! Don’t talk to him or about him when he is reading he will kill you! Do you know how hard it’s to stop him from killing you?! Just today he was going to kill me more than 10 times!”(Uncle)

“Kill? Could you please explain in a way, so I can understand?”(Father)

“I’ll do it….. This boy is Soma-san, he is an orphan that lives in the slums, there in the slums, he is known as the Bloody Kid, he got that nickname from after brutally killing two grown-up men”(Aiko)

“Wait!... you are telling me that this kid here killed two men by himself?...”(Father)

“It’s the truth! When that happened I investigated the case myself, it turned out that the two men were part of a crime organization that kidnap kids from the slums and sell them as slaves to the nobles, and they tried to kidnap Soma for that reason, but he defeated them both and because of that they were kicked out of the organization for losing to a kid, after that, they tried to take revenge by killing him, but he killed them both by beheading them after cutting their limps little by little during the fight”(Uncle)

“… a kid is capable of such thing…”(Father)

“…I thought the same, so I tried to test him out and challenged him only to get my ass handed to me”(Uncle)

“You mean he defeated you?!”(Father)

“Utterly to the point I needed my wife to comfort me while I cried myself to sleep that night. After that, I started challenging him every day just to loss miserably, but I learned from fighting him that he is not stronger than me nor his technique is better than mine and that he is able to defeat me because he is better than me at using his head, he would predict my movement and would attack me while dodging my attacks, and he keeps attacking places that would make me flinch for the rest of the fight, and by increasing the number of injuries on my body in a certain way he is able to guide my movements however he wants till I can’t move because of pain and right after that he would start stabbing his sword at my head and I would start begging him to stop till he actually does”(Uncle)

“Why would he try to kill you if you were having a duel?”(Father)

“…That’s because…-“(Uncle)

“That’s because Dad doesn’t actually challenge him but attacks him from behind once he finds him”(Aiko)

“Hay A-tan don’t go telling them that!!..”(Uncle)

“That explains it… but why did you bring him here today?”(Father)

“… Because today he did something unbelievable, during the fight today I used magic against him for the first time..”(Uncle)

“You didn’t use it before?”(Father)

“He doesn’t have mana you see, so I didn’t want to use magic against a mana-less opponent but today I did! And to my surprise, he stabbed my fireball with his sword and it disappeared into thin air when I asked him how he did it, he answered that he had been intently cutting me where my mana channels are, and by doing that a small amount of my mana would be channeled into his sword and when I attacked with the fireball he stabbed the sword through the spell’s core causing the mana in the sword to resonate with the mana in the spell ruining my control and destroying the core of the spell in the process, I brought him here to ask you if that is actually possible”(Uncle)

“….. It’s certainly possible in theory but it’s something I have never thought about…. But it really is interesting….”(Father)

“I have been thinking that he might be able to do the same to that spell of yours…”(Uncle)

“… Actually I thought of the same thing”(Father)

“Dad! Are you thinking of using that on him?!”(Yume)

“Yume, don’t Worry! I’ll not harm him”(Father)

My father extended his arm towards Soma-kun and activated his special magic, Brainwashing magic. And shortly after Soma-kun’s expression turned blank but shortly after that he turned back to normal and looked at us with sparkling eyes.

“What was that? Who was it that used that magic? Use it again!”(Soma)

“…Wha-?!”(Father)

“….Did it not work?”(Uncle)

“..Dad, what happened?”(Yume)

“… My Brainwashing magic worked, but he undid it on his own”(Father)

“I see, so that was Brainwashing magic! So it works by imprinting the target with ideas the caster decided to have them believing in something that does not exist! Interesting!!”(Soma)

“Soma-kun! How did you undo father’s magic?”(Yume)

“Humm? The imprinted ideas don’t exist in reality so all I did was search for the inconsistencies and denying them one after the other”(Soma)

At that moment Soma-kun and us two became friends and started training, learning, and playing together and that’s how we learned how to disable Brainwashing Magic and many other things from him.

By the way, the name of the Chief God that is going to awaken by next year is… Madak.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/2TnRpH

 
68