Chapter 20: Selling Potions And Dispute
2.8k 10 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you, Leroy, Roy Nikkeland Dark for becoming Patrons.

And starting today, this novel will be 10 chapters ahead of what is released on this website, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

==================================================================================================================================================================================================

Waking up in the morning, Soma used the water bucket placed next to his bed to wash his body before going down to eat breakfast.

Yesterday after spending three hours talking about books with Marina, Soma headed for the nearest inn to the mercenary guild and slept there, and now after eating his breakfast he headed out to the guild.

“Good morning Soma! Did you sleep well?”(Ito)

“Yeah”(Soma)

Upon entering the guild building he was greeted by the smiling Ito who was seated behind the barred counter.

“Did something good happen?”(Soma)

“Yeah, thanks to your efforts yesterday we made a killing from selling those Orcs and Goblins you brought, and we even received more requests for Orc meat, are you willing to take more requests to hunt Orcs today?”(Ito)

“Yeah no problem, but before that, I have a question”(Soma)

“If it’s about something I know I’ll gladly answer!”(Ito)

“Then, why did more requests come to the mercenary guild? If they needed more Orc meat they could just request it from the adventurers guild”(Soma)

“That’s because the adventurers guild is hated a lot in this town, in the first place they don’t do business with the beastmen and other races than the humans, and secondly their prices are beyond high, it’s to the point of only nobles are able to do business with them, and lastly their attitude is really bad, they treat their newcomers as if they are in the way and their attitude towards the townspeople is bad as well which made it even harder for the people to like them”(Ito)

“Does that mean that there are no adventurers in the adventurers guild from the people of this town?”(Soma)

“Exactly! The combatants of this town are all part of the mercenary guild and none of them are registered with the adventurers guild, but the adventurers guild has a group of adventurers that came from the capital to fight during the flood, they plan to show the people of this town that they are better than us, and more than that they also lure the combatants who came to visit the town during this time to fight the flood by telling them that if they do prove their usefulness they would be paid with gold coins after they take personal requests from the nobles”(Ito)

“If so, where are the other mercenaries? I did not see a lot of them since coming to this town yesterday”(Soma)

“Ahh, In preparation for the upcoming flood they are all training with the Knights order, most of our mercenaries are there being trained by the captain of the first order himself”(Ito)

“Only the mercenaries? What about the adventurers?”(Soma)

“The adventurers said they don’t want to be trained by someone who is weaker than them and refused to participate”(Ito)

“Are they really that strong?”(Soma)

“Unfortunately they are, they are part of ‘The Blessed’, but I don’t think they are stronger than the first order captain, that guy is a real monster after all”(Ito)

“I see. Okay then, how many are there?”(Soma)

“…What?”(Ito)

“How many requests for Orc meat did you receive yesterday?”(Soma)

“25… Why are you asking?”(Ito)

“Give me all of them!”(Soma)

“All?! Are you serious?”(Ito)

“Yeah, I’ll bring them all with me before noon”(Soma)

“… I understand, but please be careful”(Ito)

“Ah, By the way, I do have a production skill and I want to sell my products through the mercenary guild”(Soma)

“Could you show me what you have first?”(Ito)

“Of course, but after I come back”(Soma)

“I understand, let’s make a killing together today as well!”(Ito)

“Yeah!”(Soma)

Saying that Soma left the mercenary guild, took his cart from the back of the building, and headed towards the forest pulling his cart behind him.

{Search} Search for a specific thing using the mana in the air.

Once inside the forest, Soma used the ability {Search} to search for an Orc settlement, and he found one right away, it is 500m from his current location, Soma stored his cart in {Store} and started running towards the settlement, and in no time he was there already.

“I see… There are 32 Orcs in here, huh”(Soma)

Soma unsheathed his sword and started walking towards the center of the settlement, the Orcs noticed him and charged at him, ten Orcs surrounded him from all sides and the rest all came behind them, his hand simply blurred and all the ten Orcs nearest to him lost their arms, legs, and heads, and before those behind them could react they lost their limbs and heads, the fight didn’t take five minutes and all 32 Orcs died.

Soma hanged all of their corpses from the trees around him to drain the blood, after that he took out his wooden table and glass bottles and started making more healing potions, he is planning to sell them through the mercenary guild once he is back.

After five hours of waiting and making potions, Soma piled the Orc’s corpses on top of each other on his cart and started pulling it back to the town while reading the usual book, and after 20 minutes of walking, he reached the town and the scene of him pulling a cart full of Orcs stacked on top of each other attracted a lot of attention especially from the people from the adventurers guild, but they did not make any move for now.

“OHH?! It’s you! What’s with all of these Orcs?”(Guard)

“I received 25 requests for Orc meat today and when I went to search for them I found an Orc settlement in the forest that had 32 Orcs in it, and so I hunted them all”(Soma)

“Really impressive! All this meat will be a great help to the town especially during this time, really thank you for your hard work!”(Guard)

Soma headed from the gate to the mercenary guild and headed directly to the back of the building, from there he called Ito to come.

“…You really did it.., but aren’t these more than needed for the requests?”(Ito)

“Yeah, I found a settlement of them, and so I hunted all of them, there are 32 of them”(Soma)

After that, Ito processed the completion of the requests and handed Soma his money and medal back.

“Now about the things you want to sell”(Ito)

“It’s these”(Soma)

“Wait!? These are…”(Ito)

“Healing Potions, as written on them they are low, intermediate, and advanced”(Soma)

“Healing potions?!! By any chance are you one of ‘The Blessed’?”(Ito)

“No, I don’t have the Pink system those Blessed love bragging about”(Soma)

“I-Is it possible to make potions without the pink system?”(Ito)

“Yes, that’s how I make mine”(Soma)

“Can I test the Low one?”(Ito)

“Go ahead”(Soma)

Ito took out a knife from his desk and used it to make a small cut on his arm and then opened the bottle of the low healing potion and downed its contents, the wound he made on his arm disappeared right away.

“Wow! This low healing potion’s effects are even better than the one the Love church is selling! Are you sure you want to sell your potions through us?”(Ito)

“Yes, but on the condition that only mercenaries are able to buy them”(Soma)

“That’s even better than what I had on my mind! But what about the price?”(Ito)

“What are the prices of the potions sold by the church?”(Soma)

“1 gold for the low healing potion, 10 gold for the intermediate one, and 1 platinum for the advanced one”(Ito)

*NOTE: 100 copper = 1 silver, 100 silver = 1 gold, 100 gold = 1 platinum*

“I see, then sell mine for 50 copper for the low one, 1 silver for the intermediate one, and 50 silver for the advanced one”(Soma)

“Are sure you want to sell your potions this cheap?”(Ito)

“Yeah, I can make thousands of them in one go so there is no problem with the price, but I want you to make it clear that I’m going to kill anyone who dares to get his hand on my potions illegally, I don’t care if he is an adventurer or a noble or even the king himself”(Soma)

“It’s scary because I know you are not joking when you said that, but don’t worry! if someone did get his hands on your products illegally then that person will be considered a bandit no matter what is his standing is and you and us the mercenary guild are free to kill him, and that by the words of the current king”(Ito)

“Did something like this happen before?”(Soma)

“Yes, it happened to the leader of the craftsmanship guild, a dwarf named Dolan who is a very skilled blacksmith, Dolan sells his products to only the people he approves and once there was a noble who killed one of the people Dolan approved just to get his hand on the armor Dolan made for that man, hearing that, Dolan stormed that noble’s mansion and killed him in front of his servants and displayed his body in front of the Lord’s Castle, the lord contacted the king and an investigation was conducted but a lot the nobles were against the investigation, and they insisted that Dolan should be killed for the crime of treason but the king went with the investigation anyways and when everything came to light he announced this law, but if it did happen to us we will have to provide evidence before killing anyone”(Ito)

“Okay then I’ll leave it to you”(Soma)

“Yeah!”(Ito)

After giving three thousand healing potions to Ito, Soma headed to the fountain near the mercenary guild and sat there reading while waiting for the sun to set and before long Marina came, and they ate dinner together and exchanged books with each other, Soma spent that week doing the same things every day, in the morning he would hunt monsters and then spend the rest of the day reading with Marina by the water fountain.

And finally, the Adventurers Guild made their first move, Soma was on his way to the gate when he was approached by a man who looked like he was 40 years old.

“You must be Soma, right?”(??)

“Shouldn’t you introduce yourself first?”(Soma)

“… I am the master of the adventurers guild in this town, my name is Souk”(Souk)

“And what do you want?”(Soma)

“… I came to invite you to join our guild instead of staying in that mercenary guild that is filled with weaklings, with your abilities and the connections you could get by joining us you would be able to receive the blessing of the Goddess of Love and the ability to use the glorious pink system which will make you stronger than you are now, and with us, you would never be cheated as the mercenary guild did, those potions you are selling through them are way underpriced, by selling the potions at that price they intend to use you to pick a fight with the Love church, they must have tricked you to place such price on your hard work, with us, that would never happen to you, so how about it? Would you join the adventurers guild?”(Souk)

“No”(Soma)

“Wait?!... What did you say? They are tricking you and you still wish to remain with them?! Don’t be stupid! This for your own good!!”(Souk)

“Tricked? Those prices you have been going on about are all set to be like that by me, I’m the one who determined the prices of my potions, and about your guild, I refuse to join that organization that is good for nothing but collecting assholes in place to control them”(Soma)

“What are you talking about?...”(Souk)

“I am telling you that I know all about the actual purpose of the adventurers guild… Vitos’s dog”(Soma)

“..-!”(Souk)

Souk was stunned by Soma’s words and did not say any more words, Soma saw that and went on his way.

(This brat is dangerous, we must kill him as fast as possible, just wait I’ll show you the strength of the adventurers guild…)(Souk)

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The Link from before was broken, sorry about that.

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 
 
63