Chapter 25: Self-Book
2.7k 8 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

In the mansion of the Drold household, Baron Onde and Hols went to meet with Marik and his Mother to tell them about what happened last night.

 

“Marik-sama! I went to buy Marina from Hols’s slave market only to find out that someone else bought her before me!”(Onde)

 

“What is the meaning of this Hols!! I ordered you to only sell her to Baron Onde here! Why would you sell her to some other guy?!”(Marik)

 

“Marik-sama, please wait a moment! You need to hear what he has to say! This might bring ruin to all three of us if not handled carefully!”(Onde)

 

“W-What?....”(Marik)

 

“The man who bought her is a man named Soma, and he is a mercenary, yesterday he came before Baron Onde to my market and asked to buy Marina, he knew her name race and appearance and to make sure he could buy her he brought Rendoulf-sama with him, and every time I tried to act like I don’t know anything about what he was talking about, Rendoulf-sama would suggest investigating the slave market and I had to sell her to that man Soma to protect all three of us, Rendoulf-sama acted as if he knew something about our illegal dealings, and he might be targeting us, but I did not know what was the stance of that man Soma, and so I spent the whole night investigating him and what I found was shocking, in the first place he is a mercenary who completed hundreds of requests to kill Orcs, Goblins, and Red Birds alone and his completion rate is still 100%, and he is the maker of those new healing potions that the mercenary guild is selling and from what I could find he can make thousands of them a day, and for some reason he was recently targeted by the ‘Blessed’ of the adventurers guild, when three of them attacked him in the middle of the town he defeated all of them and cut their arms and burned them in front of their eyes before kicking them towards the adventurers guild in front of all the townspeople present there and more than that he is suspected to be the cause of the disappearance of all 11 ‘Blessed’ adventurers, and more than that, he was given the position of the head of the Alchemy department of the craftsmen guild jest yesterday, he is a truly dangerous man, and he seems to know everything about our illegal dealings, we must deal with him very carefully”(Hols)

 

“…How did he know about us?...”(Wind)

 

“…And if your information is true, that means in terms of strength he is stronger than Rendoulf-sama! Why would such a man be targeting us?!”(Marik)

 

“…I suggest that we wait till the flood pass and the First Knights Order leave the town and use the fact that Marian is a criminal to put him down, that way Rendoulf-sama will not be here to help him”(Onde)

 

“We have no other choice anyway…”(Hols)

====================================================================================

 

【Bless: Marina】

【Book Of Knowledge: Grant ‘Self-Book’ to Marina】

【You Shall Not Die: Marina】

 

“Now try looking at your status”(Soma)

 

“Status!”(Marina)

 

NAME: Drold Marina.

RACE: Human/Beastman

TITLE: First Dependent Of The God Of Death, Judgment, And Knowledge.

LEVEL: 5

HP: 60/∞

MP: 20

ATK: 30

DEF: 20/∞

STR: 10

VIT: 20

INT: 1366

AGI: 50

MAGIC: Water Magic Lv.1, Fire Magic Lv.1, Wind Magic Lv.1

SKILLS: Oracle, Follow, Self-Book.

 

“Wow! I gained new stats and skills! And I got a title!”(Marina)

 

“To see what your new stats and skills do use the skill Self-Book by saying ‘Book’ with the intention to use the skill”(Soma)

 

“Book!”(Marina)

 

Saying that a black book appeared on top of Marian’s hand and when she looked at Soma he gestured her to read the book.

 

【STR Means your physical strength】

【VIT Means your stamina and resistance to lose HP and how fast it regenerates】

【∞ Means that stat is Infinite regardless of its value】

【Oracle gives you the ability to converse with your God regardless of distance】

【Follow gives you the ability to instantly move from your location to where your God is and to any place he owns】

【Self-Book is used to learn about the skills you have and what skills you are close to getting and how to get them, and to also learn how to increase the level of your current skills】

 

“This is awesome! With this, I can be of help to Soma-kun!”(Marina)

 

“Before that…”(Soma)

 

Saying that Soma placed his hand on Marian’s neck and her face turned beet red immediately, he placed his hand on the collar around her neck and forcefully broke it.

 

“What’s wrong with you? Getting all red…”(Soma)

 

“That’s your fault!!...”(Marian)

 

Soma started to get nostalgic vibes from Marian, she is giving him the same vibes Aiko and Yume gave him in the past, knowing what that meant he intentionally ignored it.

 

“Now let's go and finish some requests together!”(Soma)

 

“Yes! I want to raise my level and be more useful to Soma-kun!”(Marian)

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The Link from before was broken, sorry about that.

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 
 
61