Chapter 26: New Product
2.5k 5 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

Soma is sleeping peacefully in his bedroom inside his new mansion, but his sleep was interrupted when he felt Marina’s presence entering his room in the morning 30 minutes before the time for him to wake up, he thought that she came to wake him up but she didn’t wake him up but instead, she crouched down beside his bed and brought her face near his face and remained like that staring at him.

 

He waited for her to do or say something but that didn’t happen and continued staring at him for 30 minutes straight, and so Soma decided to ask her about it.

 

“…What are you doing?”(Soma)

 

Marina was surprised when he suddenly opened his eyes and asked her but she regained her calm smiled at him and stood up.

 

“…Nothing”(Marina)

 

“That can’t be nothing!”(Soma)

 

“… I’m here to just wake you up”(Marina)

 

“But you didn’t! You just remained there for 30 minutes looking at me!”(Soma)

 

“… It must have been your imagination, I didn’t just stare at you for 30 minutes! I didn’t at all! Fufufu!”(Marina)

 

“You are making yourself even more suspicious! And what’s with that ‘Fufufu!’?”(Soma)

 

“That was delicious! Ghehehe!”(Marina)

 

“You are making it worse!! Haah…. You are starting to act like those two more and more with each day passing…”(Soma)

 

“… What?! Two?! Who are those two you are talking about?”(Marina)

 

“I wonder who? Fufufu!”(Soma)

 

“Noooo…”(Marina)

 

After their short exchange, they went to the dining room and ate breakfast together, and after that Soma went to the Craftsmen guild and bought big amounts of porcelain clay and glaze which both are used to make clay utensils, and went back to his mansion.

 

In the mansion, he went to the provided workshop along with Marina, and they started by mixing the porcelain clay with water and after that Soma shaped the dough like porcelain into the shape of toilet seats, one for each bathroom they had in the mansion and after that, he placed one of the toilet seats inside the furnace but he didn’t start it, instead, he directly used Fire Magic along with Wind Magic to quickly fire the toilet seat, he did that inside the furnace so that all the steam generated would be exhausted through the furnace’s chimney.

 

After firing the first toilet seat he used Earth Magic to make sure that there are no cracks on the whole toilet seat, after that, he covered the toilet seat with the glaze and then placed it inside the furnace again and fired it using Fire Magic and alchemy, once the toilet seat was ready he took out a mana crystal and turned it into Light Crystal and then enchanted it with the Light Magic {Purification} and installed it at the end of the waste outlet, after that, he did the same to all the toilet seats he had and installed them all in mansions bathrooms and made one extra but instead of mana crystal, he used Orc’s Magic Stone that is enchanted with Light Magic and Water Magic to achieve the same effect as the ones he installed in his mansion.

 

Along with Marina, he took the toilet seat to the Craftsmen guild and asked to meet with the master, Dolan.

 

“Oh, Soma! is that a new product you have there?”(Dolan)

 

“Yeah, it’s a toilet seat that is enchanted to purify the dirty water and human waste in it and turn them into a smell-less broken-down harmless sludge that is easy to deal with instead of the current sewage”(Soma)

 

“Is that the truth?”(Dolan)

 

“Yeah, I have already replaced all toilets in my mansion with these new ones”(Soma)

 

“Will that sludge requires us to find a new way to deal with it?”(Dolan)

 

“that’s right, and that new way is to install a very strong purification device that can turn the sludge into a clay-like material that can be used as a building material that is stronger than cement used now as building material”(Soma)

 

“I see, What are the materials needed to make the toilet seats?”(Dolan)

 

“porcelain clay, glaze, and Orc’s Magic Stone, the enchantment is done to the Magic Stone”(Soma)

 

“is it possible to use other Magic Stones than the Orc’s?”(Dolan)

 

“Yes, I used the Orc’s ones because they are the perfect size for the job, but it’s possible to use other Magic Stones as well”(Soma)

 

“How about the Goblin’s Magic Stone?”(Dolan)

 

“In that case, I’ll need at least two Goblin’s Magic Stones for each toilet seat”(Soma)

 

“Let’s say that we are able to handle the making of the seats and we will provide you with the Magic Stones so you have to only ably the enchantments, for how much will you do it?”(Dolan)

 

“10 copper coins for each seat”(Soma)

 

“Oi! Are you sure? That’s way too cheap!”(Dolan)

 

“My goal is to make the toilet seat cheap enough so everyone in town to be able to get them, and once the Magic Stones run out of mana we can sell new Magic Stones for one silver and that will make some constant profit, and we will also have the new building material to make some profit from, so on the long run 10 copper coins is not cheap at all”(Soma)

 

“Oh! Putting it that way it’s not cheap at all! So about the strong purification device, will you make it as well?”(Dolan)

 

“Yes, I’ll bring it to you this afternoon, in the meantime, I want you to test the toilet seat so that there is some sludge to test the purification device on”(Soma)

 

“Got it, one last question, both the toilet and purification device use Light Magic, right?”(Dolan)

 

“yes”(Soma)

 

“First the healing potions and now Light Magic for waste processing, you really love pissing the Love Church off”(Dolan)

 

“They monopolize the creation of healing potions and sell them at a high price, they prohibit the usage of Light Magic for anything other than to please their Goddess and attack anyone able to use Light Magic but refuses to join their ranks, all they do is causing this country harm and holding it back so Vitos can control it the same way they did to the Four Cardinal Kingdoms thousands of years ago, that’s something I will never allow them to do, and if they try to harm us like they always did to other people who came after me, I’ll show them hell, I’ll be a thorn on their way, and each time they come at me I’ll just kill them in cold blood”(Soma)

 

“I feel the same as you! They have harmed and looked down on the people of this country for long enough! That’s why I’ll support you with everything I have!”(Dolan)

 

“Yeah, I’ll be counting on you 【Favorite Child Of Craft God】”(Soma)

 

“…That’s surprising… So you knew about that?”(Dolan)

 

“Yeah, I’ll tell you about it when the time is right”(Soma)

 

“Got it, for now, let’s work on what we have in front of us”(Dolan)

 

After doing some grocery shopping Soma and Marina returned back to the mansion and ate Marina’s home cooking for lunch, and after that, they both went to the workshop and Soma started by taking out some mana crystals and used alchemy to fuse them together and to reshape them into the shape of a ball that has four pipes going through it from all four sides, after that he used his sword to cut the ball in half horizontally and then he took out the Magic Core of the Demonic Elder Treant he killed in the Bloody Hole and enchanted it with Light Magic {Purification}, {Area Purification}, {High Purification}, {Area High Purification}, {Holy Cleansing} and with the Water Magic {Create Water}, {Flow}, {Water Wash}.

 

After that, he placed the Magic Core inside the ball-shaped mana crystal and closed it with the other half, and then used alchemy to fuse the two halves together, after that, he took more mana crystals and used them to strengthen the device he just made, he made it so it's impossible to open again and then he enchanted the whole thing with some other magic and then he tested it out, once he found that the test was successful he made 9 more of the purification device, after that, he headed to the Craftsmen guild with Marina once again.

 

“Oh! You came?! Come see over here! This toilet seat is a huge success! There is no smell whatsoever! And the waste that came out of the other end is as you said, easy to deal with, unlike the sewer water!”(Dolan)

 

“Yeah, and here are the purification devices, ten of them are enough for this whole town”(Soma)

 

“Let’s test them out!”(Dolan)

 

Dolan took one of the purification devices and placed it inside a bucket full of sludge, and the purification device started sucking the sludge in from two of the pipes and threw out clay-like material from the other two and all the sludge in the bucket was turned into that clay-like material in less than a minute, after that, Dolan started testing out the clay-like material and found out that it was as Soma said it will be.

 

“This is perfect! It works perfectly! Soma, could you tell me how did you make these purification devices?”(Dolan)

 

“Not for now, but I’ll tell you one day”(Soma)

 

“I see, how much is the price for each one of these purification devices?”(Dolan)

 

“It’s 10 gold coins for each one of these”(Soma)

 

“…10 gold, it’s so that the Lord is the one who buys them, right?”(Dolan)

 

“Yeah, managing the sewer system is his responsibility after all”(Soma)

 

“I’ll go and talk to him about it right now!”(Dolan)

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The Link from before was broken, sorry about that.

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 
57