Chapter 27: Trial
2.5k 13 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

Soma woke up again just to find Marina staring at him with a smile on her face.

 

“…What are you doing?”(Soma)

 

“Having fun?”(Marina)

 

“What fun?! Stop doing this every morning!”(Soma)

 

“Who are ‘those two’?”(Marina)

 

“….I’m not going to tell you about them”(Soma)

 

“Then I’ll not stop doing this! Fufufu!”(Marina)

 

“…Haah…anyway go and get ready, today is the trial against the adventurers guild”(Soma)

 

“Yes!”(Marina)

 

After getting ready Soma went to the dining room to eat Marina’s homemade breakfast and once they were done they both went out of the mansion only to find the two knights who are always with Ren waiting for them.

 

“Good morning, Soma-dono!”(Mark)

 

“Good morning, Soma-dono!”(Max)

 

“Good morning, you two are Ren’s friends, right?”(Soma)

 

“That’s right! I am Ren-sama’s childhood friend Mark”(Mark)

 

“Same ways! My name is Max!”(Max)

 

“How did the investigation go?”(Soma)

 

“Because of you, we were able to find a lot of information concerning the adventurers guild master and his ‘connections’ and how have he been using them”(Mark)

 

“Because of me?”(Soma)

 

“That’s right! Seeing as you stood against the adventurers guild and seeing you defeat the ‘Blessed’ adventurers who attacked you in front the of the whole town, a lot of the people who were harassed and assaulted by them came out and started openly telling us about what happened to them without any fear, unlike in the past where when we go ask them they would always stay silent, Ren-sama was depressed to find out that the people trusted you more than us the First Knight Order!”(Max)

 

“They trust me because I fought against them and actually defeated them in a battle of strength, My way of dealing with people like them is by having them expose themselves in public which will cause them to get angry and attack me right then and there only for me to defeat them, the Knight Order does things differently, right?”(Soma)

 

“… Yes, we assemble all the pieces of evidence we have against someone before confronting him, but they would always use their connections to other nobles to get rid of some of the evidence so they get light banishment and most of the time they would get away even from that light banishment because the ones managing the evidence would try to suck up to them just for personal gain”(Mark)

 

“That’s why Ren-sama is going to forget about our old ways and would start doing it your way it seems”(Max)

 

“I see, tell him that I’m ready to help whenever he needs me”(Soma)

 

“Thank you!”(Mark)

 

“Finally we are going to become the Justice Four Stars!!”(Max)

 

“Don’t!!”(Soma)

 

“Fufufu!”(Marina)

 

“Marina! Now is not the time for your ‘Fufufu!’!! Stop it!”(Soma)

 

“Justice Four Stars…Pfft!”(Marina)

 

“Marina!...”(Soma)

 

The four of them kept talking to each other till they reached the Craftsmen guild to meet with Dolan who on the other hand was excited for some reason, after that, they headed to the town’s square where all the townspeople were assembled and once they saw Soma and the guys all the townspeople cheered for them, they walked to the center of the square to find Ren waiting for them along with Ito and the guild master of the adventurers guild and three other men.

 

“You filthy Criminal! You dare make the esteemed sirs wait for you! Learn Your place!!”(Souk)

 

“Shut up! Starting right now no one is allowed to talk without my permission! Nor you nor your esteemed sirs! Now everyone, take a seat on your respective side and talk only when I give permission to and when I do that don’t say anything other than the answer to my question”(Ren)

 

Both Souk and the three nobles who came with him were surprised to hear Ren talk to them that way, on the other hand, Soma’s side all sat down on their seats as if nothing happened, the three nobles were about to complain to Ren about the way he addressed everyone, they didn’t like the fact that Ren treated them the same way he treated Soma’s side, but they all changed their minds and sat down on their seats once Ren directed his bloodlust at them.

 

“Now that you all took your seats I am going to start this trial! Today we are holding this trial to find out the reason for the disappearance of the 11 adventurers and to find the truth about the incident where three adventurers assaulted Soma over here in public! And to get only the truth, I am going to use this Silver Scale of Truth! And the side that is found to be guilty will be executed on the spot! Right here and now!”(Ren)

 

Hearing him, Souk’s side all had complicated expressions on their faces, but soon enough they calmed down after thinking about it, Using the Silver Scale of Truth requires Light Crystals and Ren can’t be in possession of enough Light Crystals to get the truth from everyone present here.

 

The Knights from the First Knights Order came in front of the people and acted as a barrier between them and the center where the trial is held, seeing that Ren took out a Light Crystal from his pocket and inserted it into the Silver Scale of Truth and it started to shine with silver light.

 

“First I am going to start questioning Soma’s side, Soma you first! Souk the guild master of the adventurers guild reported to us that you killed all of the missing 11 adventurers, so did you kill them?”(Ren)

 

“Yes”(Soma)

 

“See!! I told you! This guy is a-!”(Souk)

 

“I said no talking without my permission!”(Ren)

 

Souk started appealing to everyone present happily only to find Ren’s sword scratching his neck and when he looked at where the attack came from, he found Ren looking at him with eyes full of bloodlust, looking at those eyes he felt all of his blood leaving his body, even though he is one of the ‘Blessed’ himself, but he knew very well that Ren is far stronger than him.

 

“The second question; did you kill all of them by yourself, alone?”(Ren)

 

“That’s right”(Soma)

 

“No change with the scale which means that you are telling the truth, now next question; Why did you kill them?”(Ren)

 

“They surrounded me on my way back from hunting the Red Birds requested by the Craftsmen guild and said that they are going to kill me and take my loot for themselves, so I acted on the law that says that anyone attacking you outside the towns to steal your loot is considered a bandit and you have to kill him if you can, and killed all of them”(Soma)

 

“I see, the scale is not moving so what you said is the truth, plus from the information I collected in the past three days those adventurers have been doing this same thing and they even sometimes killed people and raped women who opposed them, but every time that happens there was someone who would cover up their crimes and they would get away with it, now to the next question; Soma, what happened between you and the three adventurers?”(Ren)

 

“It all started in the morning when I was reading at a certain restaurant when a female adventurer that has red hair came and tried to lure me somewhere to kill me and when I refused she tried to attack me with a dagger, but I threatened her and she ran out of the restaurant and started looking at me tell I drank my tea that she poisoned and once she saw that she went running to the adventurers guild, and when night came I went to meet with my friend Marina only to find out that she was being harassed by the said three adventurers and from what they said themselves, they are the underlings of the female adventurer and they thought that I would be knocked out or dead because of the poison their ‘Aneki’ put in my tea, and when they saw me they tried to kill me to cover for what they said, and so I defeated all three of them in front of everyone present there”(Soma)

 

“The scale didn’t move so you are telling the truth! Plus today before coming here I took custody of all four of them, the female adventurer and her three underlings, and questioned them with this Silver Scale of Truth and they told me the same thing, the female adventurer said that she was requested by the guild master to do that and that this is not her first time doing it, and the three underlings were following her orders when they tried to harass Soma’s friend Marina, no actually they were ordered to rape her and according to them that was not their first time doing that either, they were ordered to do the same multiple times before! That’s the end of questioning on Soma’s side, now is Souk’s side’s turn, but the Silver Scale of Truth is out of mana…”(Ren)

 

Souk was happy to get a chance to defend himself and he was happy to see that the scale ran out of mana because now he will be able to lie his way out of this predicament, but his feelings turned into depression once he saw a Knight bring a big leather bag full of Light Crystals and Ren taking one of the Crystals and inserting it into the scale.

 

“Now we can keep going, now for the first question for Souk; is it the truth that you sent the 11 adventurers to kill Soma?”(Ren)

 

“…N-No..”(Souk)

 

“The Scale's left pan dropped down which means a lie! So Souk did order the 11 adventurers to kill Soma….. the right pan moved down! This means that the right answer is ‘Yes’! Now to the second question; Did you order the female adventurer to poison Soma?”(Ren)

 

“……”(Souk)

 

“What’s wrong? Answer!”(Ren)

 

“…No….-!”(Souk)

 

“The left pan dropped down again! A lie! Does that mean the right answer is ‘Yes’?..... the Right pan dropped which means that the answer ‘Yes’ is the right answer! Now to the next question, have you been doing these types of things and every time you do, you would use the influence of these three nobles to cover it up?”(Ren)

 

“….Y-Yes”(Souk)

 

“The scale didn’t move this time! Which means that he is telling the truth! With this-!”(Ren)

 

“Bullshit!! This whole thing is bullshit! How dare you waste our time with this charade?! I am out of here but remember that I will get you back for this!!”(Noble 1)

 

One of the nobles stood up and walked towards the Knights surrounding the center of the square and tried to pass by them only for the Knights to point their swords at him indicating that he is not allowed to walk away.

 

“H-How dare you! D-Don’t you n-now who I a-am?! You dare block m-my way-!”(Noble 1)

 

In the next moment, the noble's head was separated from his body, and he died on the spot, the one who killed him was Ren and right now he is pointing his sword at Souk and the two nobles behind him.

 

“You guys are guilty for many many crimes as conformed right now using the Silver Scale of Truth and thus all four of you are sentenced to death right here and now! I can’t believe we let people like you do as you pleased with my country! In my name Rendoulf El Valc the crown prince of the Valc Kingdom and Captain of the First Knight Order, I am going to start hunting for the likes of you and would clean this country from them!”(Ren)

 

Souk was shocked beyond belief at what happened in front of him and decided to get away from here as fast as possible, and inform the higher-ups in Vitos of what happened here, but before that, he needed to get rid of the source of it all Soma, and so he started running towards Soma with a special dagger in his hand, the dagger was given to him by the Love Goddess herself and it’s a dagger that is full of the Goddess’s divinity that is used to only kill the most troublesome of people, and so he stabbed Soma in the chest with the dagger, but in front of his eyes the parts of the dagger that touched Soma’s body disintegrated and that shocked him, it’s not his first time using the dagger and it would always cause the victim to disintegrate, but this time the dagger itself disintegrated, in the next moment he lost both his arms and sell face-first on the ground.

 

“Ren, since you are done over there come and finish the last guy!”(Soma)

 

Souk looked in the direction where Ren is and saw that the two nobles who were behind him killed by Ren and next Ren started moving towards him. As a last act of resistance, he decided to use the communication magic item hidden inside his mouth to inform the other adventurers' guilds of what happened here, but a black window appeared in front of him…

 

【You are not allowed to act in front of the God Of Death】

 

And when he looked up he saw Soma smiling at him, that was the moment he knew who is the man no, the God they turned into an enemy before Ren’s sword came and separated his head from the rest of his body.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The Link from before was broken, sorry about that.

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 
55