Chapter 31: Flood Day One
2.2k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The night right before the Flood starts, Soma came to Dolan’s office to talk to him about something important.

“…So how are the preparations coming?”(Soma)

“They are perfect! We have more than enough arrows and right now our mages are able to use long-range spells indefinitely thanks to you! And all of our melee fighters are happy to have potions that are able to restore their stamina along with their mana, really thank you for that!”(Dolan)

“That’s good then”(Soma)

“And thank you for hiring the people from the orphanage, That really helped them a lot! Before that, they had trouble providing money to buy food, but with the money you paid them with, they will be able to go on without worrying about such problems for some time!”(Dolan)

“Actually, that’s the reason I came to talk to you at this time, why are they in such a situation? I thought that the lord was the one paying for their expenses, am I wrong?”(Soma)

“No, you are not wrong. The Lord indeed is the one paying for all of their needs, it’s just that he is not doing it directly, instead, he is employing a proxy that handles the financial situation of that orphanage but instead of giving them the money, the proxy is taking most of it for himself leaving them with just enough for them to not die of starvation…”(Dolan)

“And the Lord allowed that?!”(Soma)

“Absolutely not! The truth is that the Lord knows nothing of this and when I discovered that I was to tell him but was stopped by Maria the manager of the orphanage, at the time I was surprised, but then she explained it all to me, she didn’t want me to inform the lord of what is happening to them because she was afraid that the noble who is the proxy would take revenge by doing something horrible to the children that’s why I agreed to keep silent about it!”(Dolan)

“… (This country and all of this corruption it has, killing all those corrupt people would have been the faster way to fix things, but if I did that for them instead of having the people of this country do it for themselves nothing would change…) …. Could you tell me who is this proxy asshole?”(Soma)

“…At the start, it was the head of the Drold household, and he did his job more than perfectly by giving the orphanage extra funds from his own money, but years ago he was struck by an unknown illness and entered a comate state and since then his son started doing the job in place of his father and it’s the son that has been taking the money for himself, the son, Marik Drold is a true asshole who is not only taking the orphanage money for himself, but he is threatening Maria and her daughter to sell them along with the kids in the slave market if word of what he is doing got out”(Dolan)

“I see, if that’s the case then I have an idea that will save the orphanage and would expose that asshole Marik”(Soma)

“Is that the truth?! If you need anything from me don’t hesitate to ask! I’ll do everything I can to help you!”(Dolan)

“It’s going to take a lot of effort for you! You’ll have to work on what I want you to do during your breaks from fighting against the flood, are you up to it?”(Soma)

“Leave it to me! Even if it prevents me from sleeping for a whole week I’ll do it!.... and besides, I have a strong feeling that I never should make you angry, no matter what happens I should never allow you to get angry…”(Dolan)

====================================================================================

The morning came and the town’s emergency bells started sounding right with the dawn, and at the same time all combatants were ready for the attacking monsters, the melee combatants were standing in three arrow-shaped formations, where the strongest three in town took the very front of the formations and then other combatants stood behind them in lines leaving 3-5 meters between each line of combatants, the more to the front you go the stronger the combatants became.

The plan was for the three in the front to kill the monsters that the people behind them can’t kill while letting the rest of the monsters pass by them and to reduce the number of weak monsters around them when there are no strong monsters, and then those behind them would do the same and so on tell no monsters could reach the town’s wall, and at the same time, mages and archers are to concentrate on airborne monsters and on thinning the numbers of monsters before they make contact with the three in the front, and by the way, the three in the front of the arrow-shaped formations are Ren, Dolan, and Soma.

Ren in full plate white armor unsheathed his sword and started killing the War Ogres and Trolls with his brilliant swordplay and Fire Magic, he started by attacking the troll that was in front of the horde of monsters that consisted of many types of monsters, the Troll was holding a tree trunk in its hand and swung it down at the armor-clad Ren, but Ren moved too quickly for the Troll’s eye to catch and cut the Troll along with its tree trunk right in half vertically, Trolls are monsters that unless you damage their brains directly they will keep regenerating endlessly, but Ren’s attack was more than excessive to kill a Troll, but he did that to raise the morale of those behind him that was the plan he came up with, and he even asked Dolan and Soma to do the same.

On the right formation, Dolan was standing there holding a huge hammer with one hand, the hammer was double his body size, but he was able to use it with only one hand, three War Ogres came charging at Dolan head-on with wooden clubs in hand, Dolan simply raised his hammer and then jumped in the air and swung his hammer crashing like a meteorite at the three War Ogres, once the hammer connected on the War Ogres’ heads a huge explosion occurred killing them along with monsters around them and right after that Dolan could be seen raising his hammer for the next attack.

On the right formation, Soma stood in front of the combatants in his formation, the people behind him didn’t know anything about his strength, but they agreed to him being in the front with Dolan and Ren when Ren placed him there, but still, they naturally had their doubts, when the monsters came charging Soma dropped his posture and placed his hand on his sword, and suddenly blue lightning started flashing all around his body and sword, and when War Ogres, Giant Orcs, and Trolls came charging at him they all lost their heads, arms, and legs before even reaching three meters away from him, and more than that Soma himself didn’t appear to move from his posture at all but the ground was full of slash marks indicating that he indeed did attack with his sword, and when all the combatants were about to cheer in excitement from seeing the attacks that Ren, Dolan, and Soma used, the sky flashed with blue light and lightning bolts started raining from the sky on the monsters on the back and reducing their numbers, seeing that everyone started roaring with voices full of excitement, and hope.

“Everyone!! Let’s work together and kill all the monsters before they get a chance to reach the town!!”(Ren)

“ “ “ “OOOOOOOOOUUUU!!!” ” ” ”

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The Link from before was broken, sorry about that.

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 
47