Chapter 38: Marina’s Story And The Plan
2k 1 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



After finishing moving out Maria, Mai, and the kids from the old orphanage to his mansion, Soma went alone after sunset to see Ren at the knights' station leaving Marina, Maria, and Mai to make dinner for everyone in the mansion.

“Hi! I heard that you came to see me, did you need something from me?”(Ren)

“Yeah, but first how did your report to the Lord go?”(Soma)

“He was furious! When I went there to report what we found to him, I had my knights surround the room we were in to prevent anyone from hearing our conversation and the report I gave him was written on paper to eliminate the chance of someone hearing us, and once he read it, he became mad beyond comparison, he couldn’t believe that for all these years his people were killed and tormented by the Love faith, and what made him angrier was the fact that there are some of our own nobles helping the Love faith do whatever they wanted, some of them are just greedy and some of them just hate the fact that we are living in harmony with other races to the point of agreeing with the Love faith in their discrimination and some of them are aware of what the Love faith is doing and are willing to help them in exchange of higher positions once they have control over the country”(Ren)

“Of course he would, over the years hundreds of people have died, and looking closely during the fight against the Flood there were almost no nobles in the battlefield, leave for one group led by the Lord himself, and now after learning the cause of the Flood, it all came together. The reason for the Love faith to cause the Flood was to reduce the number of capable people in the town so that no one is able to stand in their way, and since the nobles are aware of that, or they are just refusing to put their own lives at risk even if it was for protecting their home, leaving the capable and brave to fight alone without helping them. Of course, he is angry”(Soma)

“Yeah….. so what did you need from me? You didn’t come here to just talk about that, right?”(Ren)

“I am here to ask you to take your knights and leave the town for some time, do that and you’ll have a chance to catch some corrupt nobles”(Soma)

“…Could you give me some more details?”(Ren)

“The Drold family was led by a very kind man, the man had two wives, one was the daughter of a lower noble family from this town and the other one was a dog beastmen woman that worked as a maid for their family, the first wife gave birth to a boy and she named him Marik, five years later the second wife gave birth to a girl and she named her…. Marina..”(Soma)

“Wait?! What?! Marina was the daughter of the Drold family?”(Ren)

“Yes….. the first wife had a deep-rooted contempt for all kinds of beastmen, and she made an effort to raise Marik to be the same as her, and when her husband whom she married to raise her noble rank, took a second wife a beastman at that she almost went crazy and when the second wife became pregnant she couldn’t let that beastman woman give birth to a kid who will have the same standing as her boy so she poisoned her, the poison was enough to kill her and her child but that didn’t go that well for her, the beastman woman held on till she was able to give birth to a healthy girl she named Marina with her dying breath, Marina’s father, the head of the family noticed that and so to protect his daughter, he asked his second wife’s close friend, a maid who knew about it all to take care of his daughter, and so she took Marina and disappeared, the head of the family found himself poisoned years later with a different poison this time which left him in a coma”(Soma)

“You mean that the cause of his rumored sickness is poison? And by his wife no less!”(Ren)

“The maid who took Marina away registered her at the Maids guild, she raised and trained Marina as a maid, but years later that woman died because of a sickness she had since her childhood leaving Marina alone, but her being registered with the Maids guild saved her since the guild master took her in right away, for some reason the news of Marina being alive reached the ears of Marik and his mother Wind, and they couldn’t leave her alive, but her being a member of the Maids guild prevented them from directly harming her, and so they came up with another plan, they went to the Maids guild and asked to employ Marina in their house and there they explained that Marina was their lost family member whom they were looking for, nor Marina Nor the guild master knew the truth, and Marina was very happy to learn that she had a family, Wind, and Marik put on an act to convince Marina that they are a very kind people who were looking for her for years now, and an open employment contract was signed, the open contract had no ending date, and that meant that Marina is their maid forever, and that was the start of years of overwork and verbal abuse, they couldn’t harm her directly but indirectly was good enough for them, till some time ago that is, Wind and Marik together killed the head of the house who is still in a coma and then they framed Marina of attacking and injuring him and illegally sold her to Hols’s slave market, and you know everything after that”(Soma)

“So that’s what happened…. But how would you catch them? we have no evidence of all you said…”(Ren)

“Same as last time”(Soma)

“You mean by baiting them to attack you and then catch them on the act and then using the Scale of Truth to uncover all of their crimes, right? But how will you bait them this time?”(Ren)

“The orphanage in this town was under the financial management of the head of the Drold family, but since he became in a comate state that job went to his son Marik, and this Marik rather than managing the orphanage funds, he was taking the money for himself leaving the orphanage in a very bad shape, but today that very orphanage was transferred from under him to be under the Alchemy department, combining the case with Marina and now the orphanage makes me his biggest enemy and the one standing in his way is you, and once you leave the town…”(Soma)

“He will make his move…”(Ren)



Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
45