Chapter 42: The Lord’s Invitation
1.9k 6 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



“…Soma! Where did you disappear to?”(Ren)

Upon returning to the town, Soma was faced by Ren asking him about his whereabouts during the fight as he disappeared in the middle of it all.

“One of the bandits escaped, and so I went after him, here…”(Soma)

Soma showed Ren and everyone there the corpse he has been dragging behind him, the corpse of a man wearing the same outfit as the rest of the bandits, the bandit who was able to use Space-Time Magic and was planning to use it to escape in order to report back to the Love Church in the Capital of Valc, and to the South Cardinal Kingdom before finding Soma standing in his way.

“Escaped? How? The gate was closed and no one was able to run away amidst the bandits!”(Dolan)

“I have been thinking about something, those bandits every time they come to this town they would take jewelry, livestock, armors, and weapons with them, right?”(Soma)

“Yes, and more than that actually…”(Dolan)

“Then if that was the case, where are these things? It’s impossible to take care of the livestock since they are bandits and they tend to change bases all the time, and they would always have to set their bases in dangerous areas, that is if we look at them as bandits, but we know that they are actually soldiers sent from the South Cardinal Kingdom, but soldiers dragging behind them those animals and other things would be like telling the world ‘ Hey! We are the bandits who attack Elk every year and these here is our loot we got from there’, right? So where did they take those things to in the past?”(Soma)

“That that certainly strange…”(Dolan)

“So what if one or two of them are able to use Space-Time Magic? Wouldn’t they be able to teleport those things from their hideout to a different place? And in the middle of the fight, one of the bandits disappeared from amongst the bandits and by tracking his magic signal I found him in the forest and killed him”(Soma)

“Tracking his magic signal? Are perchance able to use Space-Time Magic yourself?”(Dolan)

“Yes, I can”(Soma)

“Soma, in the first place you are the one who told us that they are actually soldiers from the South Cardinal Kingdom, how did you know about that?”(Ren)

“It was mentioned in ‘Observation of the shady side of the Love Church Vol 5’, it seems that the writer of this diary has sneaked into their hideout and was able to confirm their identity through some kind of metal cards that had their names, affiliation, and military rank recorded on them, if you search through their bodies you might find said cards”(Soma)

“I see…”(Ren)

“Here I found some!”(Mark)

“Here too!”(Max)

“That proves it! Men! Search through all the bodies of the bandits and collect everything that could be used as evidence against them! and be ready to head out after that! We are going to look for their hideout!”(Ren)

“If it’s the hideout, then its location was mentioned in ‘Observation of the shady side of the Love Church Vol 5’ as well”(Soma)

“Thank you”(Ren)

====================================================================================

After Ren and his men departed to look for the hideout of the bandits, Soma went with Dolan to his office in the Craftsmen Guild.

“Dolan, I want to hire the Craftsmen Guild to build something for me”(Soma)

“Oho! And what might that be?”(Dolan)

“A Library! I want you to build a grand building that can house a huge Library inside of it!”(Soma)

“That’s interesting! You want it to be in the plot of land where the old orphanage building is, right?”(Dolan)

“Yes, I want you to take that building down and build the new building in there, I want you to use the whole space available for the new building”(Soma)

“Do you have a blueprint of the building you want?”(Dolan)

“Yes, here”(Soma)

“Hmmm…… Got it! I accept the job! It’s going to take one month to finish!”(Dolan)

“That fast?”(Soma)

“Yeah, we have more than enough materials thanks to the toilets you invented, and the design of the building is nothing but a huge box with a bunch of pillars supporting it from the inside, and the decoration you want for the interior and exterior is the hardest bit, but I can handle that myself”(Dolan)

“So, what about the price?”(Soma)

“Technically, the building materials are provided by you, and so I came to the conclusion that if you need anything built for you than the building materials are to be given to you for free, that leaves the labor cost…. How about 50 gold coins?”(Dolan)

“Sounds good to me”(Soma)

“Deal!”(Dolan)

====================================================================================

In the next morning, a messenger came from the Lord’s castle with an invitation to a dinner party that night, it was mentioned in the invitation that the party is in honor of Soma, Ren, and Dolan and that the Lord wants to thank the three of them for what they did for this town during the Flood.

And right now, Soma, Marina, Dolan, Ren, Lord Alf, and for some reason Ito next to the Lord along with many nobles, all of these people are seated to a very long table that has all types of food and drinks arranged on top of it, it’s a custom of this country to hold dinner parties this way where everyone set down to a very long table to eat and chat together.

“Now, thank you everyone for accepting my humble invitation to this dinner party! This party is being held in honor of our heroes who fought against the Flood and uncovered its secrets! Now in honor of our heroes…CHEERS!”(Alf)

The Lord raised his cup up and addressed all those present before announcing the start of the party, everyone present at the Lord’s words brought their cups to their lips and started drinking the contents of the cups, but suddenly the honor guests Soma, Marina, Ren, Dolan, Ito, and the Lord himself all dropped their cups and clutched their necks with pained and pale expressions, some of the nobles appeared surprised and panicked and some of them started laughing at the appearance of the suffering guests and Lord, and before long, the suffering guests and Lord all started coughing up dark blood before dropping motionless to the ground.


Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
41