Chapter 44: About The World, About The Gods
2.1k 8 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



At end of the Dinner Party night, all of the rebelling nobles were arrested by the Knights Order and taken to the Knight’s station for interrogation, they did their best to butter their way out of it but Ren had none of it, they even went out of their way to try and place the blame on Dolan and Soma, saying that they were forced by the two to do what they did.

It might sound ridicules to anyone looking at the situation from the outside, but shifting the blame like so is one of many ways the nobles of this country love to use, at the beginning it started with them preparing fake evidence and coming up with a clever story to shift the blame, but in recent years there was none of that, right now all they have to do is say that it was the fault of someone else, and they would be believed right away, as their words alone are the ultimate evidence, and that was the reason for Ren’s violent nature against such nobles once he has the chance.

But what’s happening here in Elk still cute compared to what’s going on in the capital city Valen, over there, the nobles are literally doing whatever they want, that coupled with the fact that the Love Faith have a church in the capital and naturally their believers who support them and nobles who follow the words of the Love Church to do whatever they want, and some of the said nobles follow the words without knowing the true intentions of the church and some of them do it fully aware of the church intentions.

And right now, Soma, Dolan, Ren, Marina, Lord Alf, and for some reason(Again) Ito are all sitting around a meeting table in one of the conference rooms in the castle.

“So, what became of those idiots?”(Dolan)

“We have interrogated them along with their whole families and servants using the Silver Scale of Truth and found out that most of them are guilty of multiple crimes most of them are against beastmen and poor commoners, but we did find some innocent people amongst their family members and servants, and so those found innocent are to be released to live their lives anew as commoners, but women and children who have no man to support and protect them are to work under the Lord and the three noble families left in this town, and as for those found guilty, all of them will be sentenced to death”(Ren)

“I see, now that the corrupt nobles of this town are dealt with, I think that the town now finally can move to a much better future”(Dolan)

“Indeed! And that’s all thanks to Soma! Since the day he appeared in town all he has done is to make things better and better!”(Ito)

“Indeed! Soma-dono, thank you very much for what you have done to this town! As the Lord of this town, I wish to reward you with the best of my ability! What is it that you wish for?”(Lord Alf)

“No need to thank me, all I did was to strike those who meant me harm, but leaving that aside, Ito what are you doing here? Are representing the mercenary guild?”(Soma)

“Ah! You didn’t know? Sorry I forgot to tell you….. my full name is Ito El Elk, the son of the Alf El Elk here”(Ito)

“I see”(Soma)

“That’s all?! What’s with that empty reaction?!”(Ito)

As everyone there smiled at Ito, a maid came in and served tea for everyone there, and when she was serving tea for Soma, he extended his hand and touched her hand lightly as he took his teacup, Marina didn’t miss that and glared at Soma as the blushing maid left the room.

“Now, let us start this meeting properly, Lord Alf, it seems that the town is facing yet another problem, right?”(Soma)

“Well, that’s a surprise! I was informed of that just this morning, and yet you already know about it! Did you perhaps came in contact with one of them?”(Lord Alf)

“No, I didn’t! thinking about it, some time has passed already since I started selling the healing potions and that thing that happened with the Adventurers Guild, so I figured that it was time for them to appear, that’s all”(Soma)

“What do you mean? What are you two talking about?...”(Dolan)

“Spies, and undercover operatives sent by the Love Church to figure out what is it that’s happening in Elk and to get rid of every and any thorn standing in their way”(Lord Alf)

“….Wait! Soma, did perhaps plan for this to happen? Looking back at your actions and way of dealing with things, I can’t shake off the feeling that this is part of some plan that you came up with!”(Ren)

“To be honest, me too! I can’t say that I don’t have the same feeling!”(Dolan)

“My answer to whether I planned for this to happen or not? Is yes, I did plan for this! Here we have a town that has humans, beastmen, and dwarfs living together in harmony, and the Love Church is trying it’s hardest to break that harmony up, but the bonds between the people are preventing that, what would happen if something came up that risked ruining their plans?”(Soma)

“...They would try to remove that something”(Dolan)

“And that what happened with the Adventurers Guild, and after that, what would happen if the people responsible for sending information to the Love Church stopped doing their jobs?”(Soma)

“They will start getting confused and send someone to make sure?”(Ren)

“It should be that way if they were running things properly but that didn’t happen, why?”(Soma)

“….Because they have never faced failure before, and that caused them to become arrogant and foolish! Failure is how one learns to mature and think things through, and to never take things for granted!”(Lord Alf)

“That’s a Lord for you! Correct! When the Adventurers Guild Master’s report didn’t come in the regular time, the Love Church didn’t react at all, they only thought of it as the Guild Master being lazy, so what would happen once the surprising news of the twins dying along with the fake bandits?”(Soma)

“They will panic after realizing their mistake and would panic to fix it up, but they can’t be careless and go about that blindly, so they will send spies to figure things out before eliminating the cause of their troubles….”(Ren)

“Correct, and that’s the stage we are in right now”(Soma)

“…Stage…? So your plan includes things that yet to come…? Soma, I know you said that you’ll talk about it later on but….Who are you? And how much do you know?”(Ren)

“Ren, how much about the world do you know? Or more specifically about the Gods, how much do you know about the Gods?”(Soma)

“The Gods…? To be honest, nothing much! all I know about is that, there existed many Gods in the past but they disappeared one day leaving the Goddess of Love behind as the only God of this world; and for some reason, she started going after the Mazoku and other races, for us here in Valc, we believed in the way the world was before the Gods disappeared, we believe in harmony between all the races and that is the creed of the Royal Family as well”(Ren)

“Same for us the dwarves, we believe in the way the world was before the Gods disappeared!”(Dolan)

“Then let me tell you what actually happened! There used to be seven Gods in this world, the Goddess of(Creation, Life, Order), the God of(Commerce, Society), the God of(Beasts, Spirits), the God of(Craft, Development), the Goddess of(Agriculture, Hunt), the Goddess of(War), the God of(Magic)”(Soma)

“That’s the first time hear about all of their names…”(Lord Alf)

“Me too…”(Ren)

“Same here…”(Ito)

“I knew about that! All of the dwarfs do actually”(Dolan)

“But what about the Goddess of Love?”(Ren)

“Do you know how the Gods became Gods?”(Soma)

“They became Gods…? Wasn’t the world created by the Gods?”(Ren)

“Gods are originally people who lived in this world, and no, they didn’t create the world! With the start of intelligent life in this world, there were only two races in the world, the Mazoku, and the Hume, all of you are familiar with the Mazoku, and the Hume is the collective race of the Humans, Giants, and Dwarfs. At the time there were no Gods yet, and so the world in order to maintain itself, the world selected the first God from amongst the Mazoku and granted her Divinity, and that was the Goddess of(Creation, Life, Order)”(Soma)

“…The world selected the Gods?”(Ito)

“Yes, the world is an entity that exists in a space where numerous worlds exist and coexist with each other, and that space is filled with nothing but Mana or Magical energy, and so the worlds take in that Mana to maintain their existence and Miasma is emitted out from certain places on the surface of the world, and all of that is done through something known as the World’s Core, at the time the Goddess of(Creation, Life, Order) was selected the living creatures in the world suffered because of the Miasma that started to cover the world, and that was the reason why she was selected, it was to fix that problem, and she did that by creating the creatures known as monsters, she add the principle of Miasma turning into monsters into the worlds base existence thus preventing the people of the world from going crazy because of the Miasma everywhere, and that’s how people started hunting the monsters in order to get their hands on their unique materials and to reduce their numbers, but the denser the Miasma the stronger the monsters, but there was one of the Giants who was the best at killing the monsters and soon enough she was selected as the Goddess of(Agriculture, Hunt) and together with the Goddess of(Creation, Life, Order), they created the General System in order to make people stronger to fight against the strong monsters”(Soma)

“That’s the System we are using right now, right?”(Dolan)

“Yes, but as time went on and the number of people increased and the Beastmen race was introduced to the world as a fragmented race that came about from the Mazoku and the Hume mingling together, new Gods were selected, the God of(Commerce, Society), and as the people became more developed the God of(Craft, Development) was selected, but a new problem surfaced, the people didn’t know anything about magic and so from time to time people started getting sick when they became saturated with the Mana the world was absorbing from the space around it, and that’s why the Goddess of(Creation, Life, Order) started taking that Mana and prevented it from getting absorbed by the people by using it to create the creatures known as Spirits which to the God of(Beasts, Spirits) to be selected, but as the number of people increased the Mana the world absorbing increased as well, as it was needed by the world to create a new life in the form of the people’s babies, and among the Humans there was a young boy who got sick from the huge amounts of Mana his body took in, but the boy discovered a way to use that Mana to cause a phenomena which became known as Magic later on, and thus the boy was selected as the God of(Magic), the discovery of magic and the formation of different nation and country led war between said nations, which led to the selection of the Goddess of(War) to monitor and keep an eye on said wars in order to prevent them from getting out of hand causing damage to the world itself”(Soma)

“…That’s interesting…but why did people start to get sick because of Mana?”(Dolan)

“The world takes in Mana from the space around it through its surface, so naturally the Mana would move from the atmosphere to the surface of the world through all lifeforms living on the surface of the world, and so from time to time the Mana would move through people with a very high sensitivity to Mana which led to them getting sick after the huge amounts of Mana moved through them, and the people using magic didn’t affect the amounts of Mana the world took in as it would just take more Mana from the space around it when it needs too”(Soma)

“….About the Goddess of(War), she was selected to monitor wars and not to stop them?”(Lord Alf)

“That’s correct, war is just one part of life, as long as it doesn’t get out of hand and harm the world itself, that’s why the Goddess of(War) would only step in to stop wars when the people start to use weapons that inflict harm the world itself”(Soma)

“….I understand all of this about the world and the Gods but what about the Goddess of (Love, Justice)?”(Ito)

“About that, At the start, the Gods lived amongst the people of the world, but as more and more nations formed they had to leave the people and go and live in a sanctuary that they created themselves, in the words of the people the sanctuary is what’s known as heaven, but they needed to have someone live amongst the people and to act a servant of the Gods that reported back to them about events happening all around the world, and one such family was known as the most loyal and dutiful of all the dependents of the Gods, and the most loyal and hardworking of that family was the daughter of the head of that family, that daughter was loved and favored by the Gods because of her hard work and loyalty to the point of them all sharing parts of their divinity with her turning her into the Goddess of Love, at the start the Goddess of Love kept working hard for the sake of the Gods and the world but over the span of hundreds of years, the people of her family started worshiping her as their Goddess and soon enough that started to spread out throughout of that kingdom and soon after that the time came for her to be offered Rulership over that country by the ‘believers’ and that was the start of the problem, at the time, she didn’t like the fact that she wasn’t treated the same way as the other Gods”(Soma)

“…What treatment did the other Gods receive?”(Ren)

“The question is from whom that treatment was? At the time, the people’s understanding of the Gods was that of them being important cogs that exist to maintain the world, so they weren’t given any special treatment from the people, rather the contrary, they were mostly forgotten and only remembered during disasters. And on the other hand, the Goddess of Love was the one given special treatment from the people as she was the only worshiped God, and that fed into her pride a lot, and the special treatment she saw was the world’s treatment to them, they were chosen by the world and were given an important role to play in order to maintain the world, and she wasn’t, she thought that if it was divinity they had, then she does have that, and if it was worshipers, then she had tons of them, more than the other Gods in fact, so why wasn’t she chosen by the world to play an important role like them and thought that the world was being unfair towards her, and it didn’t take long for her abundant pride to turn into arrogance, and for her love towards the Gods to turn into envy and hate, at the time the God of Magic was able to create a new advanced system he called the Blue System and after that he taught the other Gods how to create advanced systems of their own, the Goddess of Love included, and each and every God went and made their own System, but each and every and each System were made with specific jobs in mind, for example, the Gray System was created by the God of(Craft, Development) and it was created for people who worked as craftsmen and artisans, and the Orange System was created for the Beastmen and Spirits as they were the only race lacking the talent to use Magic so they could use a more specialized art known as the Spirit Art that makes use of Mana but in a different way than Magic, and so on”(Soma)

“…So each God created a system that represented their role, but what about the Goddess of Love?”(Dolan)

“The Goddess of Love didn’t have a specific role so she was only able to create a System that is slightly stronger than the General System and that made her extremely unsatisfied, but on the other hand, her worshipers were very pleased with her system, the Pink System which led to them worship her more and more, that was when a rift between the races or more like between those who worshiped the Goddess of Love and those who didn’t start to appear, in the first place, Beastmen were only able to use either the General System or the Orange System due to their racial traits, and that led to the believers of the Goddess of Love to think that Beastmen were a race that She forsaken because she hated them, and the Dwarfs only cared for Craftsmanship and nothing else, and they completely ignored the other systems and chose to use the Gray System, and so on, since all of the other systems were created with a set of skills on mind, people chose the systems that were more useful for them to get their jobs done”(Soma)

“Leaving the Pink System unused by anyone other than her worshipers….”(Lord Alf)

“Exactly, but she didn’t like that fact, or more like she hated it, in her eyes, those worshipers were stupid and unsightly because she knew that Gods shouldn’t be worshiped blindly, but since no one other than them gave her the attention she wanted she left them alone and never corrected their mistakes which led to them eventually hating and discriminating against other races by believing that they were a special existence that had a God leading them. after the passage of some time, it came to light that not many people used the Blue System as it was created to be for Magic Researchers more than it is for mages, All the systems had Magic and so people went more towards the other systems than towards it, and that troubled the God of Magic as it was his job to advance magic and having no one working on that was a problem, so to fix that problem he had to create a new race that was specialized in magic, the Elves. That made the Goddess of Love more and more jealous of the other Gods as they were even able to create new lifeforms to serve their needs as she saw it, and that was when she turned her attention to trying to do the same, but failed again and again, and before long she turned to human experimentation and fiddling with Miasma and even then she wasn’t able to create a new race, but through her experiments, she learned how to summon people from other worlds, she thought that people from other worlds could have abilities that didn’t exist in this world, and by summoning such people and studying their abilities she might be able to include said abilities into her Pink System”(Soma)

“…The Heroes…”(Ren)

“Yeah, and the first time she used the Other Worldly Summoning she was able to summon only one person, that person was a man named Madak who is later came to be known as the first Hero, this Madak was a human that had abilities that were more impressive than those found in the Pink System which meant that he was effectively stronger than her worshipers, Madak as the Hero summoned by the Goddess of Love, he was worshiped along with her by her believers, and at some point Madak and the Goddess of Love became lovers, but Madak had a fundamental problem, and the problem was that his personality was corrupt to the core, as he used his status to do however he wanted, to the point of him demanding any woman he sees appealing to serve as his ‘pleasure’ regardless of her background, and he would kill anyone refusing to obey his demands, he was a true asshole. One day, he tried to do the same to those of the other races and started with the Mazoku, but he was stopped by the Queen of the Mazoku was visiting the boarders they shared with the Kingdom ruled by the Goddess of Love which later on came to be known as Vitos, after charging past the boarders, Madak went to the nearest town to him, the same town the Queen was staying in, and when he tried to force a Mazoku woman to be his ‘pleasure’ as he put it, the Queen rushed in and prevented him from doing that, he got angry and tried to kill her as he was used to do in Vitos, the Mazoku Queen beat him to within an inch of his life, and when the Goddess of Love went after him, she was welcomed by the scene of him being beaten to the point of almost dying, and when the Mazoku Queen saw the Goddess of Love she silently threw the near-dead Madak to her and went on her way. The Goddess of Love couldn’t forgive that and wanted to take revenge for her Lover, but she stopped once she remembered that the Queen of the Mazoku is the direct dependent of the Goddess of(Creation, Life, Order), she took Madak back to Vitos with her and after healing his injuries she took him to the sanctuary of the Gods and asked them to grant Madak some of their divinity the same way they did with her, but they all refused to do that and showed their disappointment in her as news of her and her country has reached them, but they couldn't do anything to stop her as she hadn’t harmed the world yet, and there she showed her hatred towards the Gods and went back to Vitos, and started managing the religion based on worshiping her directly, and using that religion she started feeding the believers fake knowledge about herself, the world, and the other Gods and races leading to the Love Faith you all are familiar with right now”(Soma)

“But what happened to the other Gods?”(Dolan)

“As you might know by now, the other Gods didn’t make a religion for the people to worship them and stopped the people from doing that on their own early on, and that was to stop the people from holding faith towards them, all the Gods could ‘if they wanted to’ use that faith to fuel their own divinity to make themselves stronger and stronger, but none of the Gods wanted to that, and that’s because with faith comes hope and expectation and desires, and those things could corrupt the God’s divinity and soul, like what happened to the Goddess of Love, along with faith she received people’s hope for her to cleanse the world from other races and expectations for her to declare humans superior to all else and their desire for her to grant them power so they can put their radical thinking into action, and that led to her becoming what her people wanted her to be, and then using that corrupt divinity of hers to seal all the Gods away other than the Gods of Magic and War as they were stronger than her, and to keep them from getting in her way she started invading all of the other countries of the world to keep the Goddess of War busy monitoring the wars she spread throughout the world, and at the same time she stole the World’s Core that existed in the sanctuary, leading the world to lose control of all the Mana and Miasma it contained, but that was stopped promptly by the God of Magic along with his creations the Elves by controlling the Lay Lines of the world directly from the Mana Forest, thus becoming the only God in the world, as the Elves and the God of Magic are busy keeping the world stable, and after what happened, the Goddess of War descended down and founded the Empire of Might north of the North Cardinal Kingdom in order to weaken the military strength of Vitos, and as for Madak, along with the Goddess of Love, they came up with the plan of taking the divinity of the five sealed Gods forcefully and pouring it into Madak’s body turning him into ‘the Ultimate God’ but in order for that to come true, Madak needed a strong body that could withstand the divinity of the five Gods, and to gain that body, Madak and the Goddess of Love placed the sealed Gods in an underground dungeon they named the Bloody Hole, and made an altar for Madak to sleep in, and during his sleep Miasma streaming from multiple Ancient Monsters would be injected into his body, and for him to gain a body strong enough to withstand all of that divinity and potentially more, he needed to keep sleeping there for roughly 10 thousand years, and this year is the last year of those 10 thousand years”(Soma)

“…Wait?! If what you said is true then aren’t we in a grave danger?! No, the whole world is!!”(Lord Alf)

“Don’t worry, Madak is already dead! I killed him before coming to this town”(Soma)

“…You….killed him?...”(Dolan)

“…Soma, going back to the first question, who are you? No, what are you? And how did you know about all of this? Thinking calmly about the story you told us now, it matches perfectly with the world situation right now, and I don’t believe that you are lying at us, but….”(Ren)

“I am the ninth God of this world, and my name is Kirishima Soma! I am the God of(Death, Judgment, Knowledge)! ‘Status’! And this here is my Black System!”(Soma)

Everyone just stared between Soma and the black window that appeared in front of them with expressions full of surprise. Well, everyone excluding Marina who is still glaring at him since the moment he touched that maid’s hand.

NAME: Kirishima Soma.

RACE: Human/God

TITLE: Bloody Kid, Knowledge Glutton, The Holder Of 【The Archives Of knowledge】, God of Death, Judgment, and Knowledge, Weed Killer, Limit Breaker, One Man Army, Insects Killer, Giants Killer.

LEVEL: 15945

HP: 54300000000000000000/∞

MP: 1122000090000000000000000

ATK: 77100000000000000000

DEF: 82600000000000000000/∞

STR: 516000000000000000

VIT: 5530000000000000000

INT: 1120000090000000000000000

AGI: 45700000000000000000

MAGIC: All Attribute Magic, Creation Magic, Sanctuary.

SKILLS: 【The Archives Of knowledge】, Fine Control Lv.Max, Control Sphere Lv.Max, Swordsmanship Lv.Max, Poison Resistance Lv. Max, Disease Resistance Lv. Max, Presence Detection Lv. Max.

AUTHORITIES: Words Of Death, You Shall Not Die, Face Your Actions, The Golden Scale, Book Of Knowledge, Bless.



Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
43