Chapter 45: About Soma
2k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



“…God..of Death…”(Lord Alf)

“…Soma is God…?”(Ito)

“…”(Dolan)

“…Well, that explains a lot about you…but…”(Ren)

The four men kept looking back and forth between Soma and his status window for some time trying to process what they heard and what they were seeing, Marina is the only one acting differently, she was still glaring at Soma, and he kept ignoring her and sipped his tea, Ren noticed Marina’s behavior and was puzzled by her lack of surprise.

“…Marina-san doesn’t seem surprised at all? Did she know beforehand?”(Ren)

“Yeah, she knew, or more like she is my dependent”(Soma)

“…I-I See, But Soma, how did you become a God? Where were you before you came to this town?”(Ren)

“You know about the Heroes summoned from another world, right?”(Soma)

“Yeah, it happened weeks before we started preparing for the Flood, everyone in the world was able to feel the surge of Magical Energy from the direction of Vitos, I was surprised when it happened but Father asked me to calm down and told me that what we felt right then was a signal that means Heroes were summoned from another world by the Goddess of Love”(Ren)

“I was one of those summoned Heroes, upon summoning us that Rotten Goddess asked us to save the world from the evil Mazoku, but since the start, I suspected her words and intentions, so as to make an example out of me she disposed of me by sending me to the Bloody Hole, the same place where Madak was sleeping and where the five Gods were sealed, but where I was sent was far deeper than where Madak and the Gods were, I was sent to the deepest part of the Bloody Hole where she in the past conducted human experimentations, during these experimentations of hers she wasn’t able to create a new race, but she was able to create Ancient Monsters, those Ancient Monsters had the ability to generate and control Miasma and using that Miasma kept spawning more and more high leveled monsters felling the place with them, that’s why that place is used right now by her to dispose of troublesome people like me, and when I was sent there I was way weaker than most people, I was at level one”(Soma)

“…How did you survive such place?”(Lord Alf)

“Lord Alf, we might have met only recently but I do have a memory of you, remember 10 years ago, when a group of men visited Valc from Vitos?”(Soma)

“You mean those Holy Knights who asked us the Lords of this country’s towns to build Churches in our towns?”(Lord Alf)

“Yeah, could you tell us what happened?”(Soma)

“At the time only the capital city Valen had a Church built in it, and when the Holy Knights came visiting us, we the Lords were summoned by my brother the King to the capital as requested by the Holy Knights, and there the Holy Knights asked us to build Churches in our towns and to make the Love Faith our stat religion, but all of us the Lords refused that because we knew that they intended to break our harmony and to destroy us from the inside, they got mad and started to threaten us saying that they are going to unleash their Hero at us to kill every last one of us along with our people, but the Hero himself refused to do that and stood in their way and then apologized to us before taking the Holy Knights forcefully returning them to Vitos”(Lord Alf)

“There inside the Bloody Hole, I was able to survive for long enough to find that part of the cave’s wall was broken and inside there was a small room that had 11 skeletons lined next to each other and holding hands, one adult skeleton with five children’s skeletons to either sides of the adult one…”(Soma)

“S-Sai….”(Lord Alf)

“You know who those skeletons were, Father?”(Ito)

“If my guess is correct then the adult skeleton belonged to Sai, that same Hero who visited us along with those Holy Knights!”(Lord Alf)

“How did you know?”(Ren)

“Those ten children! Sai was really a wired man, but a very kind man indeed, everywhere he went he had ten small kids follow him around, everywhere! Even during important meetings and even to battlefields or so I heard!”(Lord Alf)

“Sai was as suspicious as I was of the Goddess of Love, but during his summoning, only him and those kids were summoned, and to protect the kids from her and the nobles of Vitos, he had to keep all of them close to him the whole time, and so him protecting the kids like that and refusing to follow a lot of her orders led to him along with the kids being sent to the Bloody Hole, but that was not much of a challenge, Sai was stronger than the monsters down there even without the Pink System, and he could produce water with magic and cook the monsters’ meat for food, but that Rotten Goddess knew about that, and so she had inflected the status effect ‘Frenzy’ on all of the kids causing them to go crazy for a short period of time before dying because their bodies couldn’t handle it, Sai didn’t know what had befallen the kids, but he knew for sure that the Goddess of Love was the cause of it all, at the brink absolute despair and madness, Sai used a Forbidden Art from his world to track down the negative emotions of those sent into the Bloody Hole before him, (Rage, Sadness, Despair, Regret, Desire for revenge, Madness) and through that he was able to fuse the souls of those before him including his and the kids’ souls into a book he was using to teach the kids how to read, after that he turned himself into a monster and waited for someone to come after him to get revenge on that Rotten Goddess using the Book containing the 1998 souls of those disposed of”(Soma)

“…The Book you are always reading from..”(Ren)

“Yeah, after that I went on leveling up by killing the monsters I found in there, but the Pink System broke down because of the existence of 1998 souls inside of me, and so suddenly a new system started being created out of nowhere, that new system was the Black System and for some reason, I became the God of(Death, Judgement, Knowledge), that plus, I was granted XP gain multiplied by 1998 to compensate for the 1998 souls in me, that’s the reason for my absurd level and stats”(Soma)

“I see, that explains a lot, to be honest! But why were you selected to be a God?”(Dolan)

“I don’t know, but how about I ask them…”(Soma)

Hearing Soma says that made everyone confused for a moment, but at the same time five balls of light appeared behind Soma’s back, White, Green, Orange, Yellow, and Gray. The balls of light started morphing and transforming into the shape of people.

“Oh! Death, you have finally called upon us?”(Creation)

“Yeah, I have some questions for you”(Soma)

“We will gladly help you!”(Beasts)

“Soma!! These people are?!!”(Dolan)

“The five Gods who were sealed away in the Bloody Hole”(Soma)

“…The other Gods…”(Ren)

“Yeah, after killing Madak, I found them sealed in the room next to his altar, and so I broke their seal freeing them”(Soma)



Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
46