Chapter 48: Last Question And Over There
1.8k 4 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



“One last thing. Soma, why do you use a sword to fight? Looking at your stats earlier, I could see that you are more powerful as a mage instead of a swordsman, that’s leaving alone your powers as a God that is”(Dolan)

“As you already know, I have the souls of 1998 people, and all of those people are literally in love with this sword, me included, of course. this sword is what Sai used to protect the 10 children he always had with him, and since the children’s souls along with Sai’s soul are all part me or us, however you want to look at it, the 10 children all loved the sword that Sai used to protect them, and right now since we all share those same feelings with the children, we all love this sword a lot……(Ah…Sai is hiding his face out of embarrassment)”(Soma)

“And as for his powers as a God, I don’t think Death will use them unless he really needed to…”(Craft)

“…Why is that?”(Lord Alf)

“As the God of knowledge, it’s my job to make sure that people learn from what’s happening around them, and using my powers as a God more than needed will lead to my enemies dying before anyone could learn from their mistakes”(Soma)

“I see…”(Dolan)

“…I have been thinking about it since hearing your explanation about the world and the Gods, you Gods are there to make sure that the world is safe and working properly, right? But why are there roles such as Craft, Knowledge, Hunt, etc? in my opinion those things are related to the People and not to the World…”(Ito)

“The answer is simple, because the People are part of the world, and those things are beneficial to the People as a whole regardless of their race, age, and beliefs. And as could be seen, People are not always right, nor are we the Gods, that’s why there are multiple Gods each having their own specialization, and that’s all so we could compensate for each other’s shortcomings, and that’s why we have dependents in place”(Creation)

====================================================================================

“…I have returned!!”(Maid)

“Hoh! Long time no see! Why did you return suddenly like this?”(Spy Leader)

“The man named Soma, the cause to hindering the plans of the Church and the Goddess of Love-sama, came today to the Lord’s castle to have a meeting with him along with Dolan the head of the Craftsmen Guild, and Rendoulf the captain of the First Knights' Order. That’s why I found it to be the perfect chance to get rid of him and so I sprinkled some of the Divine Poison given to us by Goddess-sama in his tea…”(Maid)

“Good job! That’s going to teach those mongrels their place!”(Spy 1)

“Yeah, but since you killed him in front of that guy Rendoulf and his annoying scale, you’ll never be able to show your face in town ever again”(Spy 2)

“I am fully aware of that! But it all was worth it! This guy was the cause of the death of the tamer twins and all of the soldiers sent by the South Cardinal Kingdom to act as bandits, and the guys from the Adventurers’ Guild as well! And as if that wasn’t enough, he was the reason we lost all of those stupid nobles we were using as pappets! I had to kill him right away!”(Maid)

“Yeah, hearing all of it next to each other, this guy was a real thorn in our way…no, more like a spear to be honest. Because of him, we lost more than 10 years’ worth of work in less than a month, and having him roaming around anymore would have cost us more than we could imagine!”(Spy 3)

“I agree…. But I wonder where did he come from in the first place?”(Spy 2)

“Where he came from aside! Are you sure he died? If by any chance he is still alive it will not be funny at all!”(Spy 1)

“Don’t worry about that! I saw him drink the tea with my own eyes! I made sure that he drank from the tea before leaving the room! And it’s impossible for any living creature to survive the Divine Poison! This poison was made by the Goddess of Love herself after all!”(Maid)

“Fair enough… well since we are done here I’ll head back to my shop! I don’t want people getting suspicious about me disappearing at a time like this!”(Spy 3)

“Yeah, me too! I have to head back!”(Spy 2)

“Don’t forget our meeting with the Shadows sent by his majesty in three days!”(Spay Leader)

“Yeah Yeah…”(Spy 3)

..

.

“…Oi!! What’s the hell is this?!!”(Spy 3)

“Oi?! What’s going on?!”(Spy Leader)

“There is a barrier around the whole base! We can’t go out of here!!”(Spy 2)

“…What?”(Maid)

“What do you mean by a barrier? Were we discovered?”(Spy Leader)

“I don’t see anyone outside the base!”(Spy 3)

“Where did this barrier come from?!”(Spy 1)

“Break it! This situation is not normal at all! We have to find the cause of this and fast!!”(Spy Leader)

“We tried but our weapons have no effect on the barrier!”(Spy 2)

“Use your heads! If physical attacks don’t work use magic!”(Spy Leader)

“I’ll do it!......{Fire Lance}………..What?.... How can this be? My magic doesn’t work!”(Maid)

“What now?”(Spy 2)

“We can wait for the Shadows to come and save us in three days…”(Spy 1)

“They will not come! They don’t know about the location of our base! The plan was for us to go and meet with them, that’s why we have to break out of here by ourselves!”(Spy Leader)

..

.

5 days after running out of food and drinkable water, all of the spies have already died due to not drinking any water for days, and right now only the Leader is still barely alive. And right now, as his conscious is slipping away from his grasp, he started hearing the sound of flipping paper, at first he thought that his mind was playing tricks on him, but as he kept hearing the sound every few minutes he became slightly curious and used the last of his power to look in the direction of the sound, and there, leaning his back against the wall, a white-haired young man was reading a book that has a bright red cover,……..(So it was you…) was the last thing the Leader of the spies thought about before his soul left his body.


Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
48