Chapter 50: Metal Processing And New Weapons
1.8k 2 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



In Valen, the Capital of Valc, inside the living quarters of the King.

“…Father, you didn’t tell me yesterday when I arrived here, but where did you send Rimi?”(Ren)

“How did you know that I sent her somewhere?”(King Malik)

“Soma told me that she is heading to the West of here, did you send her to Akud?”(Ren)

“I see… and yes, I sent her to Akud, that town is an independent state that has its own government, and the decisions of the lord over there holds more weight than my decisions as the king, even if that town belongs to the Valc kingdom. After she came back from Elk, Rimi told me about what had happened to her on her way here, but unfortunately, I couldn’t do anything about it because they were quick to shift the blame on that girl alone and claimed that she acted of her own accord and that she wasn’t ordered to do what she did, well…. That’s all on the outside, on the inside they must be burning with hatred toward us. Who caused the death of their dear girl and for ruining their plans. That’s why I sent Rimi to Akud where their influence didn’t reach, all in order to protect Rimi from them. After all, the Lord of Akud is my dear friend, and I trust her more than all of the other lords”(King Malik)

“I see, So you intend for her to attend the academy there, right?”(Ren)

“Yeah, even though she is the Captain of the Second Knight Order, she was betrayed by one of those close to her, and over there in Akud, many youths from all over the kingdom are students of the Akud Academy, and by sending her there she could learn a lot about people’s characteristics and who to trust, and in the meantime, I’ll be leaving her knights in your care”(King Malik)

(Akud Academy huh……)(Ren)

After hearing about Akud Academy, learning, and Knights, Ren remembered the face of the boy that fought alongside them during the ‘Flood’, the boy that Ren sent to Akud Academy as a test and in order for the boy to learn more about the types of people out there in the world…

====================================================================================

Back in Elk, the learning meeting between Soma, the blacksmiths, and Heads of the different departments of the Craftsmen Guild changed places from Soma’s workshop to the Blacksmiths’ Workshop in the Craftsmen Guild. They wanted to test out the Processed Mana Crystals they processed themselves, and the best way to do that is by using the Fire Crystals they processed as a fuel for the Magic Furnaces they have.

Dolan took the Fire Crystals and placed them in his furnace and once he ignited the Fire Crystals they all caught fire and started to burn brightly and a lot of heat started to radiate from the furnace that could be felt by everyone present. Seeing the fire burning brightly, Dolan took his protective gear from the hanger next to him and after wearing it, he took an iron ingot with his long tongues and placed it in the furnace and waited for it to heat up, and once the ingot turned glowing orange, he took it out and placed it on top of an anvil to the side of the furnace and started hammering it, after three strikes, Dolan turned his attention to the onlookers and started speaking…

“They work just fine! All we have to do is to be careful about the number of Fire Crystals we put in there, these Crystals are far bigger than the ones we are used to after all!”(Dolan)

“Dolan, if you are worried about the amount of heat the Fire Crystals gives why don’t you mix some unprocessed pure Mana Crystals with them in order to have a precise control over the amount of heat you want to increase?”(Soma)

“We tried to do that in the past, but that harmful gas was suddenly released in great amounts…. But hearing you say that and going by what we learned earlier, there must be something wrong with the furnaces we are using, right? We did buy the furnaces from the merchants coming from the South Cardinal Kingdom after all!”(Dolan)

“I think that’s the case…”(Soma)

Saying that, Soma and Dolan headed towards one of the furnaces and started taking it apart, the furnaces didn’t have any connection points so they had to destroy it in order to get a look inside of it, and there under the place where Fire Crystals are to be placed a Magic Circle was engraved on the inside of the outer shell of the furnace, they tried to test the purpose of the Magic Circle by placing Fire Crystals on it, but nothing happened, and when they placed unprocessed Mana Crystals on the Magic Circle, it started shimmering and all of the unprocessed Mana Crystals turned into gas, but before anyone was hurt by the gas, Soma placed his hand into the gas and all of it was absorbed by him.

“…This proves it! All of the furnaces we bought from the South Cardinal Kingdom were rigged!”(Dolan)

“From the Looks of how the Magic Circle reacted, I think that it was designed to detect the presence of unprocessed Mana Crystals and to pour Mana taken from both the air and the Fire Crystals in the furnace at random rates triggering the Mana Crystals to turn into that gas”(Soma)

“I thought so too”(Dolan)

“So know what?”(Soma)

“We will keep using these furnaces with Fire Crystals alone till we figure out how to make our own Magic Furnaces!”(Dolan)

“Soon I’m going to open the Public Library and in there you’ll be able to find a lot of information about Magic Alloys that are used in creating Magic Furnaces”(Soma)

“Glad to hear you say that! Now then, at least last….”(Dolan)

“Yeah, I’m going to show you how Blacksmithing Magic works, and how to do it without the need of Systems like the General System or the Pink System…”(Soma)

Soma walked towards Dolan’s furnace that is already ignited and wore the protective gear, taking out two ingots from his {Inventory}, the ingot in the right was Mithril and the one in the left is Adamantite, he then took Dolan’s hammer that is made of Adamantite-Steel alloy and started hammering the Mithril ingot on the anvil without heating it, those looking at him were surprised by that…

“As you can see, by pouring Earth Attribute Mana into Mana conducting metals -in this case, the hammer- you can increase the hardness of that metal by a lot, and pouring Attribute Mana into those metals works in the same way as processing Mana Crystals…”(Soma)

“…So the more Earth Attribute Mana you pour into that hammer the harder and stronger it becomes…”(Dolan)

“That’s right, and as you can see, the Mithril ingot is no match for the strengthened hammer, but this technique can’t be used in combat due to its high mana consumption. And so the next step is alloying the Mithril and Adamantite ingots together, and to do that I need to crush both the ingots into small pieces first…”(Soma)

Soma kept hammering the two ingots till they both turned into small fragments, Soma then collected all the pieces and placed them into a crucible that is used for alloying made out of the same material as the hammer, after that, Soma started taking out Mana Crystals that all of them have the same size and started processing them into Attribute Crystals one after the other, Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Lightning, Light, and finally Dark…

“Now, even without Enchanting Magic, you can add Attributual Properties to your creations by making alloys that contain the Mana Crystals of that Attribute, but you need to be careful about how much you add, if you add too much of the Mana Crystals you’ll end up reducing the durability of the overall Alloy, Mana Crystals are very brittle after all. And the downside of adding Mana Crystals to your Alloys require you to have the Attributes of the Mana Crystals you add, and those using your creations once they are finished need to have the same Attributes your creations have, and since I have all of the Attributes I can do something like what I’m going to show you now…”(Soma)

Soma took all seven Attribute Mana Crystals and added them to the crucible, after that, he used the long tongues to stir the contents of the crucible a little bit, after waiting for everything to completely meltdown and mix, Soma poured the new Alloy into a mold and left it to cool down. In the meantime, he started answering the questions the Blacksmiths had about what they learned today, and after answering all of the questions the Blacksmiths had, they all took a break waiting for the new Alloy to cool down.

“…Now that the Alloy is ready from here on you can do whatever you want with your Alloys, but I’ll take this opportunity to show you some special types of Magic, and I’ll start with {Transmutation}. This Magic works by using your own Mana to manipulate the shapes of solid materials, the higher your INT is the easier it’s to change the shapes of strong and durable materials…”(Soma)

Soma opened his left hand and his usual bright red book, 【The Archives Of Knowledge】 appeared out of thin air, and right as it appeared the pages started flipping by themselves till they stopped at a certain page, and right then, Soma extended his right hand to above the ingot of the new Alloy and used Transmutation to change the shape of the ingot into that of 10 small blades.

“Like so, you can change the shapes of things however you want. And next, I’ll show you the magic {Combine & Separate}, this magic works by Connecting or Separating two different materials from each other…”(Soma)

Saying that, Soma took out 5 Mithril ingots from his {Inventory} and used Transmutation again to change the 5 ingots into 10 fine very long chains, and then used Combine & Separate in the same way he used Transmutation and connected one end of each one of the chains to each one of the small blades, the way the Mithril chains connected to the new Alloy blades was as if they were welded together perfectly.

“…You can also use this magic to separate an Alloy to its ingredients. Now, I’ll show you the Magic {Enchant} and some interesting Attributual properties”(Soma)

Soma went to the Small Blades and Enchanted them all with all the seven Attributes, after doing that, he went and Enchanted the chains with Dark and Light Magic Attributes at the same time making sure to mix them together.

“What I did right now was using Enchanting Magic to mix the two Attributes of Dark and Light into the Mithril Chains Enchanting them with Space-Time Magic, by combining Dark Attribute and Light Attribute together you get the Space-Time Attribute. In the same way, Water and Wind make Ice, Fire and Wind make Explosion, Wind and Earth make Sand, and so on. But combining Attributes together needs to be done very carefully. And now lastly I’ll show you how to store Magical Spells into Magic Stones and Cores…”(Soma)

Soma took out 10 small Magic Cores and used Combine & Separate to install one Magic Core into each one of the Small Blades, and once he was done, he used {Enchant} to enchant the Magic Cores with some of his spells…


Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
42