Chapter 51: Public Library And Nominated Request
1.7k 8 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



Two days ago, Dolan went to visit Soma in his mansion and reported to him that the Library’s building along with all the furniture is done and is already arranged properly, and after handing the keys to Soma he left.

And right now, Soma is leading the kids of the Alchemy department with the help of Marina, Maria, and Mai. All of them are heading towards the Library building all the while attracting the attention of all the onlookers.

“…Here we are, this building is the Public Library I had Dolan build for me! Our job today is to divide the bookshelves into different sections and to arrange the books I’m going to make into their respective shelves!”(Soma)

“ “ “Yes, Sensei!!” ” ”(Kids)

“Those who work hard will be given a reward at the end of the day, Okay~”(Maria)

“Let’s do our best together!!”(Mai)

“ “ “YAAAAAAYY~!” ” ”(Kids)

Maria, Mai, and the kids started working by following Soma’s instructions and divided the bookshelves into two main sections(Practical, Informative) by separating the whole Library space into two halves by placing wooden barriers made by Soma in the past two days, and they also placed signs that tell people about the two sections.

After that, they followed Soma’s instructions and divided the (Practical) section into(Alchemy, Chemistry, Medicine, Engineering, Physics, Anatomy, Biology, Geology, Genetics, Plantation, Astronomy, Gastronomy, Magic, Magitech, Martial Arts, Weaponry, Protective Gear, Items, Magic Items, Potions, Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Carpentry, Stone Working, Metalworking, Architecture, Management, Business, Mathematics, Monster and Plants Encyclopedia).

“Soma, I think that dividing things this way will cause confusion, don’t you think?”(Mai)

“From your perspective, I’m sure that it will”(Soma)

“From my perspective?”(Mai)

“Yes, since you are already used to reading in a Library, dividing the topics into their general terms will be enough. But this Library is meant to be for the general public, for people who might not know that Genetics belongs into Biology, and Thermodynamics into Engineering. That’s why I divided things this way. And another reason is to give the people with bright minds hints to come up with some new and interesting ideas. But we have to arrange these topics so related topics are next to each other to make it easier for people to go from one topic to another when looking at related ones”(Soma)

“…I see”(Mai)

After that, Soma produced a lot of books using 【Book Of Knowledge】 and everyone else worked hard to place the books on their respective shelves, by the time they were done with the Practical section it was already noon, and at that moment Marina came with lunch, drinks, and some snacks.

After eating and resting, they all went back to work. This time they all worked on dividing the Informative section into(History, Art, Music, Literature, Philosophy, Language, Races, The World, The Gods, Systems, Entertainment, Kids, Textbooks, Maps), and they all worked together to arrange the books in their respective shelves, and by the time they were done, it was already night.

“Soma, who is going to manage the Library? This place is way too big for a single person to manage it”(Maria)

“That might be true for normal people, but the person I have will be able to do everything alone. Never mind that now, about the reward for those who worked hard… Is the Black System enough?”(Soma)

“…?”(Maria)

That night, Maria, Mai, and all the kids were all rewarded by giving them the ability to use the Black System, and naturally, they all were told about Soma’s true identity, Maria and Mai started panicking while the kids were just excited to see one of the Gods they read in the Library about, that night was spent calming the panicking Maria and Mai and calming down the excited kids, it was past midnight when everyone was able to sleep.

Early in the next morning, Soma and everyone else went to the Library, but today was different from yesterday as there were a lot of people following them curious to find out more about the huge building that had the words ‘Public Library’ written on top of it, upon arriving Soma and his group entered the building after placing a sign some distance away from the Library, all of the people following them were swarming the sign trying to read it, and on that sign ‘The Public Library will open in two hours! Everyone is welcome in the Library from sunrise to sunset! One copper coin to read all the books you want for a day and One silver coin to buy any book you want!’ reading that, the people started running all over the place spreading the news.

And inside the Library, Soma and his group were waiting for him to show them who is going to manage the Library. Soma called upon 【The Archives Of Knowledge】 and the bright red book appeared on top of his left hand, and right away the book’s pages started flipping by themselves before stopping on one of the pages.

{Create Monster: Flesh Golem} {Soul Insert}”(Soma)

The first ability belonged to a man that was summoned from another world by the Goddess of Love five thousand years ago, that man was from a world where the only magics people could use were Summoning Magic and Taming Magic, the man was unable to use any of those two magics, and so he spent his life creating a new type of Magic that can compete with the other two, and the Magic he created was Monster Creation Magic, with this Magic could use his Mana to create Monsters that obey his commands, and the only limitation to his Magic was that he needed to be familiar with the body structure of the Monster he is creating, that’s why by the time he was summoned, all he could create were Slimes because of their simplicity. That man was summoned with five other people who were able to use both Summoning and Taming Magics, and compared to them he was completely useless and was disposed of in the Bloody Hole. And right now, Soma used that ability to create a Monster, right after Soma said the chant, a meter wide ball of light appeared in front of him, and soon enough the ball of light started to deform and turned into changed shape from a ball of light into that of a human form, the light started dimming and what was left behind was a human girl with black hair and black eyes standing in front of them.

And with the second ability Soma used, the girl’s eyes came to life, and smiled slightly. The second ability Soma used belonged to another man that was summoned from another world by the Goddess of Love, the man was summoned alone seven thousand years ago, and in his world, he was a priest that worshiped one of the Gods in his world, the man had the ability to insert his soul into an object or a soulless body, the limitation of this ability is that he had to go back to his body before the body starts to rot. And upon being summoned and after hearing the explanation the Goddess of Love told him, he knew that she was lying right away, and he believed that her summoning people from other worlds can’t be left alone and used his ability to insert his soul in the summoning formation and altered it on a minuscule level just enough to make it unusable and hard to figure out what was changed in order to fix it, and for that he was disposed of in the Bloody Hole. Because of what he did the summoning formation was unusable for six hundred years till finally, the Goddess of Love was able to fix it.

And right now, Soma used that ability to insert one of the 1998 souls he had in him into the Flesh Golem he created. The soul belonged to a girl named Ono, she was summoned to this world nine thousand years ago along with three of her friends, but all of them were disposed of in the Bloody Hole because all of them had no abilities whatsoever, all of them were summoned from a world that was the same as Soma’s world but with the difference of her world not having Magic and Mana, Ono’s world was a world that was developed with the knowledge the people there learned, and their society was heavily dependent on the resources and energies harnessed from the nature around them, and all of them were what’s called High School Students in their world, and Ono right now is wearing her school uniform.

After her appearing from the light, everyone there was hit by an intense killing intent, and looking at the source of the killing intent…… it was Marina.

“…Soma-kun? Where were you hiding this girl? Ne? Tell me? Tell me where did this girl come from? Fufufufu… somehow my vision turned red…. Do you know why? Ne, Soma-kun do you know why?...”(Marina)

“Fufufu~ I see that Marina is as intense as always”(Ono)

“Haah~… Marina, you already know that I have the souls of 1998 people inside of me, don’t you? This here is Ono one such soul. All I did was to create a body and placed one of the souls into it, you could consider her as being a copy of myself with the personality and body of one of the souls inside me”(Soma)

“…So she is another Soma-kun?”(Marina)

“Technically, yes! I am another Soma with all of his stats, abilities, memories, and knowledge, but with a different body and personality. And from now on, my job is to manage this library and to act as a step in for Soma(the original) whenever he needs to leave this town”(Ono)

“…I understand”(Marina)

“Now that everything is settled, we will open the Library and start the next step of the plan”(Soma)

“Yeah, and now I have the means to get my revenge on that dumb Goddess!”(Ono)

(…You know that we don’t need to talk to each other, right?)(Soma)

(Of course, I know! We are the same person after all, but it’s better to talk with our voices when there are people around us or everyone is going to be confused)(Ono)

(That’s true as well…)(Soma)

(Soma~ when well you make it? Ne~? when?)(Suzuki)

(That’s right! That’s right! When will you make it?)(Ayano)

(Make it! Make it! Make it!)(Ishida)

(SHUT UP!!)(Soma)

“What’s wrong, Soma-kun?”(Marina)

“…Nothing, it’s just that some idiots will not shut up”(Soma)

“…Erm?”(Marina)

“Forget about it, it’s nothing important”(Soma)

“Those three are as energetic as always, Fufufu~”(Ono)

====================================================================================

After two weeks since opening the Public Library, Ito came to visit Soma in his mansion. During the past two weeks, Soma spent his time taking requests from the Mercenary’s Guild and making potions for the Craftsmen Guild, and teaching Maria, Mai, and the kids how to use the Black System as well.

And as for the Library, it caused a very huge stir throughout the whole kingdom, not just Elk. There were people coming from the Capital just to have a look at the rumored Library, the Library was practically always filled with people reading from the moment it opens to the moment it closes. There were some problems of course, and Ono was more than enough to deal with everything happening, there were people who tried to steal some Books only to find themselves beaten to a pulp, there were people who tried to burn the whole building only to find themselves being burned by that same fire without being able to even scratch the Library, there were those who tried to vandalize the books only to find out that the books are impossible to vandalize and everything they try to write on the books is transferred onto their own faces and would stay there for at least 5 days no matter how much they try to wash it away.

“…Soma! We have a very important visitor back at the Guild and they are here to nominate you for a very special request!”(Ito)



Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
39