Chapter 61: First Quarter (Day Four)
1.5k 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



Early in the morning, two male students were moving in the shadows of the Academy’s buildings towards the Club Building, the building used by the students as a house for their club activities. There was one Clubroom which is bigger than all the other rooms in the building, the Queen’s Society’s clubroom. This big clubroom was expanded forcefully by taking over the rooms belonging to the clubs next to them and then installing additional doors to connect the rooms from the inside, Mira, The Queen expressed her desire to expand their clubroom yet again, and they went and asked the members of the club next to them to hand them over their clubroom, but they refused, and now two students are there to make it, so they hand over the clubroom wherever they like it or not.

 

“Do you remember the plan?”(Student 1)

 

“Of course! You use Fire Magic and I’ll use Wind Magic and burn all that inside this clubroom!”(Student 2)

 

“Good! Those fools daring to refuse Mira-sama’s request?! We have to teach them a lesson!”(Student 1)

 

They used a key to open the door of the room and readied their magic, but as they tried to shoot their spells, someone caught their arms and redirected them upwards. Both their spells launched towards the sky and collided causing a somewhat big explosion in the sky above the academy, the spells the two students’ used shouldn’t be strong enough to cause that explosion, but the surprise of having their arms caught and moved suddenly as they were about to use magic led to them feeding more Mana to the spells making them stronger, that coupled with the perfect affinity between Wind and Fire led to the big explosion in the sky, and that attracted the attention of people not only from the Academy but even from outside it.

 

“..-! What are you doing?!”(Student 1)

 

“-! Bastard! What do you think you are doing?!”(Student 2)

 

“Me? I’m just catching two arsonists in the act”(???)

 

Once both students looked back, a white-haired man stood behind them and smiling for some reason, and the moment they saw him, they both pulled out small blades from inside the sleeves of their free arms and thrust them at the white-haired, Soma’s face, but before the small blades could reach him…..*Snap* their caught arms broke.

 

“Ghaaaaaaa!? M-My ARRRRRRMMMM!!”(Student 1)

 

“Gyaaaaaaaaaa! WHAT ARE YOU DOINGGGG! My arrrmmmm!”(Student 2)

 

“Hm? I’m just defending myself because you two attacked me with those blades, is that strange?”(Soma)

 

“Wh-!”(Student 2)

 

“What’s going over there?! What was that explosion?!”(Leona)

 

“Oh! Headmaster, it’s just that those two are arsonists that were about to use magic to burn the inside of this room, but I redirected their arms upwards which caused their spells to go out of control and explode in the sky, and when they noticed what happened, they attacked me with those small blades and so to defend myself I broke their arms”(Soma)

 

“….I see, and small blades this time too……What is your decision?”(Leona)

 

“Both are to be expelled and handed over to the guards for interrogation and have them look for their connection to the three from before”(Soma)

 

“Got it!...by the way you should head to your office quickly, it seems that you have visitors”(Leona)

 

“I’ll leave things here to you then”(Soma)

 

Back inside Soma’s office, three people were seated on the sofas with three cups of tea in front of them, a man in his thirties, a woman in her late twenties, and their daughter Shiho, the three of them came to meet Soma in his office, but they found out that he was not there, but they were welcomed inside by his assistant Marina.

 

“Did you see that explosion?”(Dad)

 

“Yes, but Soma-kun is there to deal with it, so you don’t need to worry”(Marina)

 

“…I hope things are alright..”(Shiho)

 

“…Yeah”(Mom)

 

“…It seems he is back!...Welcome back Soma-kun!”(Marina)

 

“Yeah… Ah! Welcome to my office and sorry for not being here to welcome you in!”(Soma)

 

“No No No! We are the ones who came without an appointment after all”(Dad)

 

“Don’t worry about it, so what brings you here?”(Soma)

 

The Dad looked at both his wife and daughter, and they both nodded their heads to him, and right away all three of them kneeled in front of him and placed their heads on the ground at the same time.

 

“ “Thank you very much for saving our daughter and for giving her that medicine” ”(Dad and Mom)

 

“Thank you very much! That medicine didn’t only stop the pain but it also erased all of those scars I had all over my body!”(Shiho)

 

“I don’t even know how to repay you for what you did, really Thank You Very Much!!”(Dad)

 

“Please raise your heads! I only did my job and if you are worried about that medicine, it only costs one silver coin in the town of Elk so it’s not really that big of a deal!”(Soma)

 

 Soma calmed the three down and after talking with them for a short while they left. And by that time it was time for Soma to go to class since the first bell had sounded, and upon arriving at the class he saw that everyone was already seated, and so he started the class right away.

 

“Good morning everyone! Today we are going to study the body structure of the monsters you hunted this week, the Horned Rabbets. And we are going to study their body structure by dissecting Horned Rabbets, any questions?”(Soma)

 

“…”(Zeek)

 

“Zeek, what’s your question?”(Soma)

 

“…How dissecting Horned Rabbets is going to teach us anything?”(Zeek)

 

“By looking at the bone structure we can understand the limits of their movements and which bone is strong and which one is weak that way we can figure out their weak points. And by looking at the muscle structure we can understand the scope of their movements and how might they attack and how to respond to it. And finally, by learning how to dissect them properly you will learn how to process the prey you hunted perfectly”(Soma)

 

“…Wait?! You mean to say that we have to cut into those monsters and dirty our hands with their blood?! Absolutely No!”(Greed)

 

“Unless you want to fail this class then you must do things as I tell you, but if you insist that you absolutely don’t want to do it, then feel free to drop out of this class. At the end of the day, everyone has strengths and weaknesses! And here is a question for the others, what do you think about this dissection class? Let’s start with Rimi and Alice!”(Soma)

 

“Yes! I think that learning how the monster’s body works will help us raise the efficiency of our fighting styles against them!”(Rimi)

 

“I think that learning about the monster’s weak points will be of a great benefit for me since I am an archer!”(Alice)

 

“Next, Emma!”(Soma)

 

“…I think that learning more about the monster’s body will help me learn about how to not damage the good parts of its body!”(Emma)

 

“Zeek”(Soma)

 

“Finding out about the thick and thin areas of the monster’s body will be of huge help for me as a mage since I want to kill the monster with as much less Mana used as possible!”(Zeek)

 

“Finally, David”(Soma)

 

“…Learning about how the monster might fight, will make me able to predict its movements more efficiently, and that way I’ll be able to fight it head-on rather than standing behind my companions and having them protect me!”(David)

 

“As you can see, your classmates understand very well what it means to be fighting an Actual Combat, but if you see that you have no talent for Actual Combat, then drop out, no one is gonna stop you after all!”(Soma)

 

“How dare you demand such a thing from this GREAT me?! I have been silent this whole time, but it seems that you have pushed your luck way beyond the filthy commoner you are! And you mongrels I’ll deal with you later! But first I’ll deal with this fool here!”(Greed)

 

Both Las and Mino sprung to action and unsheathed their swords as they ran towards Soma, Greed didn’t order them to attack, but they have been wanting to teach him a lesson since the first class because he didn’t bother greeting their master properly. But instead, he treated him in the same way he treated the rest of the students. And now they both reached their limits. They were well known among the knights working for the nobles in Akud for their speed and right now the foolish teacher is not even able to react in time to their praised speed. Soma who reacted to the two’s attack late was only able to raise his hands in front of the two swords stabbing at him, at that moment Las and Mino became convinced of their victory as they stabbed through his hands and his heart was next.

 

Or that what should have happened…. Both swords bent and folded as they touched Soma’s hand as if they were made out of paper, the momentum of the attack carried both swords all the way to the handles, noticing the condition of their swords Las and Mino both let go of their swords and looked dumbfounded as their swords became balls of metal in Soma’s hand. Soma looked at them and dropped both balls to the ground.

 

“I can assume what you two did is attempt murder right?”(Soma)

 

The smile disappeared from Soma’s face as he unleashed his intimidation at Las, Mino, and Greed who was standing up by his chair, but before the two in the front were able to react, they were blasted through the door of the classroom and both of them are laying down in the hallway with multiple broken bones and unconscious, Soma slowly looked at Greed and found that he had fallen on his butt out of fear with a yellow liquid leaking from his crotch.

 

“Those two will face their punishment later on, but as for the coward who pissed himself over there, count yourself lucky for not having the chance of ordering them to attack me, but nevertheless you have to be punished, and your punishment will be expulsion from the Academy starting tomorrow, now get out of here before I change my mind!”(Soma)

 

“Hiiiiii!!”(Greed)

 

Greed stood up and bolted out of the classroom without even looking at his two knights, and from the hallway came Leona the Headmaster, and looked inside the classroom.

 

“Soma! What happened in here?”(Leona)

 

“The two over there attacked me with the intention of killing me and that's how they ended up, and as for the coward who ran away, he is their master and after giving him his punishment he abandoned them and ran away! For now, could you take care of those two, I’ll give them their punishment after I’m done with today’s classes!”(Soma)

 

“Haah… you sure know how to keep me busy, got it! I’ll take care of them and for now, continue your class!”(Leona)

 

“Got it!... now sorry about the disturbance, and let’s get back to what we were talking about before…..but before that {Water Wash} and {Restore}”(Soma)

 

Soma used magic to wash away what Greed left behind and then the second spell caused the door’s broken pieces to come back together and returned to their original places fixing the door, the students were just surprised and confused by what happened and having them focus again took some time but nevertheless, the class was able to continue safely at the end.



Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

36