Chapter 63: First Quarter (Day Five)(Student’s POV)
1.5k 7 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.


At midnight in the mansion of the Mono Household, Greed was standing in the garden going back and forth waiting for the men he sent to return.

 

“…Those useless trashes?! For how long are they planning to make this GREAT me wait?!”(Greed)

 

“..ama! Greed-sama!! This is bad! Greed-sama!”(Attendant)

 

One of the attendants serving the Mono house came running from outside the mansion through the front gate yelling all the while.

 

“What’s wrong?! Why are you yelling like that?!”(Greed)

 

“… Ha... Ha…The men you sent….. seeing that they were late I went after them to check just in case they have done more than ordered to, but I was surprised because they have disappeared! I looked for them all over the town but couldn't find them, but then I found out that the whole town knows what happened to them!!”(Attendant)

 

“What? Out with it! What happened to them?”(Greed)

 

“…Yes! Upon arriving at that family’s house, they broke in as instructed, but inside the house other than the residents there was a white-haired man eating dinner with them, and that man attacked the men and started torturing them in front of the whole town. And he also made them strip down and made them talk about who sent them, what were they sent to do, and what other things were they ordered to do in the past, and by the time they started losing their minds because of all that torture he took them away and left! And right now the whole town is talking about it!”(Attendant)

 

“…..White-haired man you say…. There is no one other than him! That bastard!! I’ll show him what it means to stand in my way!! And as for the townspeople who are enjoying talking about my men like that…”(Greed)

 

Early in the morning, the Headmaster called all the students and teachers for an assembly, and this time she talked about the two arsonists and that they were the ones who caused that explosion, and that the Law Enforcer Soma was the one to stop them. And then she talked about the case of Las and Mino. She told everyone that they attempted to murder the Law Enforcer Soma who is their teacher at the Actual Combat Class, but they both were detained easily, and they both are to be taken by the town guards for the crime of attempted murder. And their master Greed is expelled from the Academy for being the one behind the whole thing, and she explained that Greed’s punishment was light only because he was lucky that the whole thing was finished before he was able to do anything. Lastly, she announced that a cure for the Scars was provided by Soma for free and that the cure is with the Magic Class teacher for anyone that needs it.

 

Later on, at the hunting grounds, the Actual Combat Class is there to test what they learned yesterday along with their teacher Soma.

 

“Now, I’ll be the first one to fight today and you all just look at what I do!”(Soma)

 

Soma unsheathed his sword and approached the first Horned Rabbit and seeing a human come close to it provoke it into attacking him. The Horned Rabbit attacked by jumping forward intending to stab the target with its 30cm long horn. Seeing that the Horned Rabbit is already in the air and it can’t change its direction anymore, Soma lightly sidestepped evading the horn and then stabbed the Horned Rabbit in the neck killing it.

 

“As you saw, the Horned Rabbits are not that strong, and compared to Goblins, they are slow! Their main means of attacking are their horns, but they can use their fangs to inflict damage too! So as long as you evade their heads, then you are safe! But even then people are getting injured and even die to the Horned Rabbits here in Akud, and that’s because there are no strong monsters in these hunting grounds, and because of that, the people here have nothing to reference! Here is a point that you must never forget. ‘All monsters are able to use some form of magic’, those Horned Rabbits are used for many things here in Akud and you know that better than me, but their means of attacking their horns are used to make medicine, right?”(Soma)

 

“…That’s right, it’s used by grinding it into powder and then mixed with herbs to cure cold”(Zac)

 

“People are used to the horns being the easy to grind ingredient for cold medicine. That’s why those hunting the Horned Rabbits end up injured and even dying because of the horns, the Horned Rabbits are able to use a magic called Harden and it works by using Mana to increase the hardness and strength of their horns and fangs, and from time to time Horned Rabbits with enough Mana to make their horns hard enough to go through iron and steel does appear. That’s why, when fighting Horned Rabbit never try to block their attacks, and avoid their heads as much as you can, and by attacking them like I did when they are in the air you leave them no room to evade your attack! Now, I’ll fight one more Horned Rabbit and will show you what you can do if you are low leveled and can’t kill them with one attack!”(Soma)

 

Soma led them as they searched for the second Horned Rabbit, and once they found it, Soma unsheathed his sword once again and slowly approached it, the Horned Rabbit got provoked and attacked Soma in the same way the first one did, Soma evaded the horn and swung his sword lightly cutting the Horned Rabbit in one of its knees, the Horned Rabbit got angry and attacked again and again, and Soma kept lightly cutting it at the joints and where the skin moves the most. After some time the Horned Rabbit’s movements became sluggish and it kept flinching at every movement it did, and it kept losing blood from those cuts Soma made all over its body, seeing that it can’t win it tried to escape, but it couldn’t move properly at all, not missing that opening, Soma moved quickly and stabbed it through the side of its stomach.

 

“Fighting and killing a monster this way will ruin its hide making it impossible to sell, but for someone who is low leveled and is trying to level up, this way of fighting will result in him gaining a lot of experience at predicting the monster’s movements and will help him kill the monster in a safe way! You can follow my ways, but you can also come up with completely new ways of your own! Now it’s your turn, but this time you’ll all work with each other to help one another at testing your own ways!”(Soma)

 

“ “ “Yes!” ” ”

 

The students started hunting the Horned Rabbits as a group all the while receiving feedback from each other to improve, and then Zac came up with the idea of trying all kinds of combinations of teams fighting, and they all exempt for Rimi, Alice, and Nad got to level up decently, and the number of Horned Rabbits they hunted was easily over 20.

 

Once they ran out of time they all followed Soma’s lead back to the town, but on their way, a group of 20 men and women approached them sneering all the while.

 

“Oi! The brats over there?! Who gave you permission to hunt here?! This hunting ground belongs to the nobles and you know that! And what you did is stealing from nobles property and it’s our job to take those back! That’s why if you leave what you have got there with us we will let you go away with some beating!”(Hunter)

 

“I have got the permission here! Singed by the Lord of Akud herself!”(Soma)

 

“The Lord? What are you talking about? I told you that it belongs to the nobles, didn’t I?!...Guh-!”(Hunter)

 

The hunter walking in the front swung his fist at Soma’s face as he said that only for Soma to catch the fist with his left hand and plant his right one in the hunter’s face breaking his teeth, the man glared at Soma with pain and anger all the while bleeding at the mouth, but Soma pulled him up and punched him again and again in the face till the man lost conscious, Soma intently held back, so he can keep punching him more than two or three times before the man was knocked out. The other hunters were stunned for a moment but eventually, they all pulled their weapons out and attacked, Soma simply faced them one by one crushing their weapons with his bare hands and punching them in the face multiple times rendering them all with broken teeth, jaws, and noses. The students all expected that to happen at this point, and they all left the hunting grounds leaving the hunters knocked out there.

 

At night, one man in black was sneaking into the town’s prison and heading towards the cells where the seven newcomers were kept, and when he stood in front of their cell they all stood up happy that finally, their masters sent for them to be saved, but right at that moment, the man in black lost his four limbs and behind him, the cause for the seven to be in prison was there with his sword unsheathed, Soma used Healing Magic to seal off the wounds of the man in black and then came the guards and took him and his limbs away, Soma left the prison ignoring the surprised and terrified seven in the cell.



Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

33