Chapter 66: First Quarter (Day Six)
1.6k 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

-NaeoN.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



*NOTE: Sorry for my long absence, I had to undergo surgery and it took me some time to recover. but now I recovered enough to start sitting in front of the computer again and here I'm uploading more chapters. Thank you for your support and sorry for the inconvenience.*

Early on the morning of the first day of the second week, Leona visited Soma in his office to discuss something with him.

 

“…I’m here to talk with you about three things, the first one is that I want you to open a library similar to the one you built in Elk here in Akud, if possible that is”(Leona)

 

“I have no problem with that, but you’ll have to prepare the building yourself, and you’ll have to approve of some conditions I’ll be putting in place, if you agree to this then I’ll open a library”(Soma)

 

“…Might I ask what are those conditions?”(Leona)

 

“First thing is that the Library is not entirely free, one has to pay a copper coin to get access to all the books in the library for a day, and one silver coin to buy a book. Second thing is that I’ll be the one who appoints the Librarians, Third thing is that everything concerning the Library is left to me entirely without any intervention from Akud’s government”(Soma)

 

“…Don’t you need people to protect the Library?”(Leona)

 

“That’s why I don’t want anyone intervening, if anyone tries to do anything to harm the Library, I want the full decision about how to deal with that anyone to be left to me”(Soma)

 

“Fair enough, then when are you going to open the Library?”(Leona)

 

“If you are alright with my conditions, then right away once the building is ready”(Soma)

 

“If so then the building is ready! All we have to do is to clean it up, and that can be done by the end of today! Once that done and everything, can I expect the Library to be open by tomorrow?”(Leona)

 

“Yeah, no problem! But I’ll have to trouble you with drafting a contract that covers everything we discussed now”(Soma)

 

“No problem! Just leave it to me!”(Leona)

 

“Then what are the other things that you wanted to discuss?”(Soma)

 

“The second thing I wanted to discuss with you is that Milin had asked me if it’s possible to hold a joined class between the Magic Class and the Actual Combat Class, and here I am asking you for permission to allow that since it’s about your own class”(Leona)

 

“I have no problem with that, or more like I would like to ask you for the same thing myself! That’s why how about we turn all of next week’s classes into joint classes between us and the Magic Class?”(Soma)

 

“That’s more than good enough for me! And I’m sure Milin and that idiot will be very happy about it!”(Leona)

 

“Idiot?”(Soma)

 

“He will introduce himself to you when the time comes for you to meet him! And now to the third matter and the most troublesome of the three! This one came from the teacher of the Knighthood Class, he claims that the punishment the brat of the Mono household received was unjust and that it’s a waste of his tremendous talent to cast him aside the way you did, I, of course, was about to just ignore him and carry on with my day, but then I thought that you might want to take part in a prank of mine that’s why I provoked him!”(Leona)

 

“Ho, you sure know how to come up with entertaining ideas, tell me more about it!”(Soma)

 

“I told him that Greed was judged to have no talent by you and that he and those who have similar mindsets to his are nothing but cowards! And that flared him up a lot as he was aware that part of that insult was directed at him, the teacher of the Knighthood Class was a knight from the Third Knight Order(The standing army) and it’s well known that he retired early due to an injury, but that’s not the truth! The truth is mostly known by the Lords and some of those close to them, the truth is that he was kicked out from the Third Knight Order by Ren-chan!”(Leona)

 

“Ren? Why?”(Soma)

 

“You have seen the way Greed fought, right? Greed and almost all the kids of the nobles here in Akud were taught to fight that way by him, and he was the personal instructor of the noble families way before he became a teacher here, and at one point three years ago the nobles pressured me to employ him as the teacher for the Knighthood Class after the previous one died fighting the Flood in Elk, and the reason why Ren-chan kicked him out was that there was a time when the First Knight Order and the Third Knight Order had to join hands to fight against a fairly big bandit group, and Ren-chan witnessed him fight by hiding behind the soldiers and would only strike to finish off the bandits, Ren-chan was furious because of that and used his authority as the crown prince to kick him out but to save him face, the captain of the Third Knight Order turned it into early retirement due to injury, that’s why when Ren-chan heard about him becoming the teacher of the Knighthood Class he used his authority once more to render the certifications given to the students under this teacher invalid everywhere other than Akud…”(Leona)

 

“And that’s why he reacted to the word ‘coward’?”(Soma)

 

“Yes, and then he went and proposed a challenge, a duel to be precise, he proposed that by the end of the second quarter of the Academic Year, Greed is to face David from your class and for you to face him right after the students’ duel”(Leona)

 

“A duel is it…”(Soma)

 

“There is more to it, don’t worry! Both duels are without any rules and both sides have to announce what they want from opponents upon winning! The winner is decided when one side gives up, lose consciousness, or die!”(Leona)

 

“Who was it that decided on the rules?”(Soma)

 

“It was me!”(Leona)

 

“Okay, got it! I accept the challenge….. but I got to say, you are quite evil, aren’t you?”(Soma)

 

“Not as much as you, hahahaha!”(Leona)

 

After his meeting with Leona, Soma headed to his next class, the Actual Combat Class right with the sound of the first bell, he reached the classroom with the sound of the second bell and found that everyone was already seated and waiting for his arrival.

 

“Good morning! Starting today, we are going to repeat everything that we did last week but with the Red Sheep instead of the Horned Rabbits as our targets! And next week we are going to have all of our classes as joint classes with the Magic Class! Lastly… David!”(Soma)

 

“Yes!”(David)

 

“After your second class today, I want you to come and meet me in my office, I have something to discuss with you!”(Soma)

 

“Yes, I’ll be there!”(David)

 

“Now, let’s start the class!...”(Soma)

 

The class went on for two hours, and after that, Soma went to the Magic Item Creation Class but when he entered the class he didn’t enter with only Marina behind him, but there was another guy who entered the class behind Soma and Marina.

 

“Good morning! Starting this week, we are going to actually start making things! For the rest of this week, we are going to learn how to make Magic Lamps and this guy here is named Oscar! He is a member of the Craftsmen Guild here in Akud, and he is going to be responsible for providing us with the raw materials, and he will be the one to evaluate your workpieces! Any questions?”(Soma)

 

“Yes!”(Ada)

 

“Ada, feel free to ask!”(Soma)

 

“Why this gentleman here is the one to evaluate our work?”(Ada)

 

“That’s because all the Magic Items you’ll be able to make are going to be sold to the Craftsmen Guild, and don’t worry, as the money will go to the maker of each Magic Items”(Soma)

 

“D-Does that mean that we are going to get paid for the things we make?!”(Fina)

 

“That’s exactly it! You all are going to make Magic Items and sell them to the Craftsmen Guild, and once you pass this class you’ll all receive the right to join the Craftsmen Guild! And for this week, our goal is to make enough Magic Lamps to illuminate the whole town! The Magic Lamps we are going to make are sort of special, we are going to make Magic Lamps that are powered by the natural Mana in the air!”(Soma)

 

“Nice to meet you all! As introduced by Soma-sama here, my name is Oscar! And for the Magic Lamps, the raw materials are these cylinder-shaped Mana Crystals, Lanterns bodies recovered from broken old normal lanterns, and the Mana conducting ink!”(Oscar)

 

“The Magic Lamps we are going to make can replace the normal lanterns you all have in your homes, but the ones we are going to make don’t need any maintenance and don’t have the risk of starting fires! The lantern bodies we have here were going to be disposed of but us using them to make our new ones will help to make the Magic Lamps cheaper so that everyone in the town is able to buy them! And so the first step is to use the engraving tool to engrave these {Light} Magic Circles on the circumference of the Cylindrical Mana Crystal. So make sure that the Magic Circles are spaced correctly so that the level of the light produced is equal from all the sides…. Next is engraving the Magic Circles of Mana Absorption and Mana Flowing inside each other on the top face of the cylinder…. Next is engraving the Magic Circles of Mana Control and Mana Link inside of each other at the bottom face of the cylinder…. Next is filling the engraved Magic Circles with the Special ink using the inscription tool while supplying it with a steady stream of Mana…. After that, you’ll have to let the ink dry, and during that time you have to take out the valve that was used to control the amount of oil burnt to make the flame light stronger, and you’ll have to engrave the Magic Circle of Invocation on the screw and then fill the Magic Circle with the ink. And once everything dries, all you’ll have to do is assemble the whole thing together. This Magic Lamp works by having the Magic Crystal absorb Mana from the air and then release it in the form of Light. The screw is there to turn the lamp on or off and to then control the strength of the light. With the valve fully open the screw will be far enough from the Mana Crystal for the Invocation Circle to not have an effect on the Mana Crystal turning the whole thing off, and once the valve is turned in the opposite direction, the screw will move close enough for the Invocation Circle to take effect and the Mana Crystal will start emitting Light in response, and the closer the screw gets the stronger the Light becomes”(Soma)

 

Like that Soma and his students spent the two hours of the class making Magic Lamps.


Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNdA

 

34