Chapter 67: First Quarter (Day Six)(Student’s POV)
1.5k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

-NaeoN.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



At the Magic Item Creation Class, before the teacher’s arrival, everyone other than The Four Brothers is already in the workshop-looking classroom, most of the students of the Academy make sure to arrive at the class early in order to prepare whatever there is that needed preparing and to exchange any new information they were able to get.

 

“…Heya! I was able to make a lot of money this weekend! I’m so happy! Kakakakaka!”(Ada)

 

“You did?! What happened?!”(Bela)

 

“You don’t know? Everyone in town knows about it…”(Fina)

 

“Well…… I spent the whole weekend reading through the textbook and analyzing it…”(Bela)

 

“Even then, you would have known! Once you go out to eat you should have heard about it, no?”(Ada)

 

“…I looked myself in a room I use for research, that room is equipped with a toilet and I have some preserved food stashed as well, actually I still hadn’t talked with anyone from my family since the end of the last school day…”(Bela)

 

“That’s just stupid! And the research you are working on is the possibility of Beastmen using magic, right? It’s a well-known fact that it’s impossible!”(Ada)

 

“Actually it’s not impossible, we Beastmen have the same amount of MP Humans have, why is that?.... well, let’s leave this topic alone for the time being, and tell me about how were you able to make money?”(Bela)

 

“…The day before yesterday, early in the morning Teacher walked through the town pulling some kind of cart that was filled with dozens of hunted Horned Rabbits and Red Sheep and went straight to the community homes and employed the people living there to dismantle the Horned Rabbits and Red Sheep…”(Ada)

 

“…He actually sent some people from the Mercenary Guild to inform us that someone is hunting a lot of Horned Rabbits and Red Sheep and that they needed people to help them dismantle and sell all of those monsters. And they asked us if we were interested in being employed to help with that, everyone was happy about that, and we waited for the supposed hunter, and when he came I was surprised to find out that the hunter was Teacher! I and my Mom had to save as much money as possible in hopes of using that money to find a treatment for Dad’s injuries, and that’s why I went to Marina-san and asked her about how much we are going to get paid and when she told us that the pay can be a treatment for injuries I asked her for that, and she gave me some kind of medicine and told us to give it to my Dad, and he can pay for it by working there for a day…”(Fina)

 

“Wow… but going to Fina-chan’s people and employing them and even paying them with medicine if they wanted to, and the said medicine being already prepared beforehand… it feels as if he had planned the whole thing before going there. How was the medicine?”(Bela)

 

“I-It healed Dad’s injuries in an instant! We were way beyond surprised by what happened, it was then that I noticed that the medicine was in fact a Healing Potion! It was my first time seeing one! But once we all noticed that, we all went running towards Marina-san terrified! Healing Potions are known to be extremely expensive, and we were terrified of how were they going to make us pay for that, but she just told my father to help with dismantling the monsters for a full day! We couldn’t believe what she told us, but then we learned that Healing Potions are being sold at the town of Elk at cheap prices…”(Fina)

 

The girls kept talking about what happened at the weekend till the start of the class, and then Soma introduced a man named Oscar to them and taught them how to make Magic Lamps with the materials Oscar brought with him, and when it was the students’ turn to make the Magic Lamps, they made a lot of mistakes at the start, but once they got used to it, they all were able to make Magic Lamps with acceptable quality and Oscar bought all of them.

 

“You don’t have to worry about the wasted materials from your mistakes! The Mana Crystals can be used as fuel for the Magic Furnaces and the bodies of the lamps were free, to begin with. But your skill as craftsmen will be evaluated based on the amount of wasted materials you end up with when making something, that’s why I’ll be evaluating you based on that as well!”(Soma)

 

“ “ “Yes!!” ” ”

 

“Erm… Teacher! I have a question!”(Bela)

 

“You don’t need to hesitate, if you have a question just ask me”(Soma)

 

“It’s just that… the question I have is not related to Magic Item Creation…”(Bela)

 

“No need to worry about it, if it’s something I know then I’ll gladly answer your questions”(Soma)

 

“Thank you!..... Magic, is it possible for Beastmen to use Magic?”(Bela)

 

“Agh! This again?! You keep asking all the teachers such a stupid question?! It’s already established that Beastmen can’t use Attribute Magic! Teacher, just tell her the hard truth, or she is never going to stop bothering you!”(Ada)

 

“Yes, it’s possible”(Soma)

 

“See? I told you! I hope you would listen to Teacher and-!...... What did you say…?!”(Ada)

 

“I said it’s possible for Beastmen to use Magic”(Soma)

 

“That’s impossible!! Beastmen can’t use Attribute Magic! If it was possible then we would be using it by now!!”(Ada)

 

“Can Beastmen make Magic Items?”(Soma)

 

“…”(Ada)

 

“…Yes, it’s possible! We even made Magic Lamps today!”(Fina)

 

“Ada, by your logic then the answer should be ‘No, they can’t. Just in case you don’t know, you guys are the first in Akud to make a proper Magic Item in more than a thousand years! Keep it in mind that the things you don’t know are not impossible to happen, and once you learn about them you’ll start noticing them all around you”(Soma)

 

“T-T-Then i-it’s possible for Beastmen to use Magic?!”(Bela)

 

“Yes”(Soma)

 

“Please teach me how?!”(Bela)

 

“Let’s go with a spell you all are already familiar with…{Light}!”(Soma)

 

Casting the spell caused a ball of Light to appear on top of Soma’s finger and that drew everyone’s attention to it.

 

“…Is this a Light Attribute Magic?”(Bela)

 

“No, this one is different! This spell is from the Natural Attribute, the Attribute of magic that doesn’t work through the general system or any other system, and right now it degraded to the Magic Circles Arts you guys used to make those Magic Lamps”(Soma)

 

“Does that mean that it used to be a type of Magic?”(The Four Brothers)

 

“The first type of Magic created by the God of Magic in fact! But as time went on, people forgot about it because everyone was only interested in the types of Magic that were created later on and only those types got integrated into the systems because they are stronger than the Natural Attribute, for example, the spell I showed you just now, {Light} If used through the Light Attribute it can harm Undead type monsters, but using it through the Natural Attribute makes it useful only for shining some light”(Soma)

 

“So Beastmen are able to use this Natural Attribute?”(Ada)

 

“Yes! To use it, you’ll first have to forget about the General System, and then channel your Mana through your hands while drawing the Magic Circle of {Light} in your mind, and don’t forget to imagine the result of the spell as you chant {Light}…”(Soma)

 

The students all did as they were told and even Oscar was doing the same, and when they all chanted {Light}, a small orb of light appeared on top of their pointed fingers, but it disappeared right away when their concentration was severed.

 

“I-I did it! I used Magic!!”(Bela)

 

“…Me too! I can’t believe that I was able to use magic!”(Ada)

 

“It was beautiful…”(Fina)

 

“…”(The Four Brothers)

 

“…I can’t believe it… I can’t use Light Attribute Magic, so that means what Soma-sama had said is true!!”(Oscar)

 

“Train using the spell {Light} to get used to it, and when you are able to keep it active for 1 min at least, I’ll teach you more about it!”(Soma)

 

After answering some more questions, Soma headed to his office to find David already waiting for him.

 

“David, sorry to make you wait!”(Soma)

 

“Teacher! No, no problem”(David)

 

“Come in!”(Soma)

 

After entering, Marina served some tea to David and after drinking a little from it, he faced Soma waiting for him to tell him why he was asked to meet here.

 

“This morning, the headmaster told me that the teacher of the Knighthood Class was opposed to failing Greed claiming that it was a waste of his talent. The Headmaster saw it as a chance for her to increase Greed’s punishment and provoked the teacher, and the angry teacher proposed duels to be held between you David and Greed, and after that me and him. It seems that he intends to crush me and Greed -who sent him in the first place- is intent on crushing you! So how about it? Are you interested in crushing them with me?”(Soma)


Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

31