Chapter 70: First Quarter (Day Eight)
1.6k 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

-NaeoN.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



After receiving Soma’s response to their letter, all the nobles affiliated with the Bennet Household, those who were present at the meetings organized by Jason Bennet, were overcome by rage, and they started organizing a full-scale assault on him and didn’t have a single wink of sleep that night. They all went and made contact with their “Arms and Legs” and with them, they came up with plans to turn Soma’s life in Akud into a living hell, they planned for a group of the most powerful hunters working for them, a 50 of them at that, to attack the Library he opened recently and to burn every last book in it, and they instructed the merchants and shops owners working for them to never do business with him and his Beastman maid, and to spread a rumor stating that the same might befall those commuting his Library. And they also ordered a lot of those related to them in the Academy to oppose him and his tyranny and to even boycott their classes if the need came to be.

 

And true to their plans, a group of 50 armed men and women armed to the teeth was seen making their way towards the Library, some curious people followed them to see what happens, standing right in front of the Library’s door the leader of the 50 hunters holding a war hammer over his head ready to swing it down on the door, and that was what he did. The hammer smashed on the door sending an explosion like sound across the whole area, but the door was left standing there without a single scratch and on the other hand, the hammer the leader used started crumbling and turning into dust. Seeing not only the wooden parts of the hammer but the metal parts as well turning into dust stunned the hunters and caused them to take some steps back.

 

After a brief moment, the door moved to open for those behind it to come out, and from inside the Library came out the three young employees of the Library. Two guys and one girl, all three of them wearing the same outfit, and they all shared the same black-colored hair and eyes. All three were smiling and looking at the armed people in front of the Library in a way that implied that they know fully well what's going on.

 

“May I assume that you all are here to attack the Library?”(Ayano)

 

The girl standing between the two guys was the one to talk. The attackers had no intention of talking, and they all took their arms in hand and attacked the three employees, the guy to the right of Ayano, Suzuki was the first to move and clapped his hands before placing them on the ground, the bizarre movement he did made everyone believe that he was playing around till the ground under the attackers started to swell and it suddenly turned into two hands made out of stone smashing three of the attackers in a clapping motion.

 

“Man~ that was satisfying! I have always wanted to do this!”(Suzuki)

 

(Keep playing around, and I will make you unable to use any type of magic ever again!)(Soma)

 

Suzuki smiled wryly and used Earth Magic again to return the ground back to how it was before his attack, and during that time the other attackers of course didn’t stop. Ayano used Barrier Magic to encase the attackers with the tree of them in order to prevent bystanders from getting hurt, and Ishida rushed directly at the attackers and started disarming those in front of him by punching and kicking at their weapons, destroying them. Suzuki rejoined the fight with wind spinning around his fists and feet, and he went around punching and kicking the disarmed attackers making sure to do so with enough strength to break some of their bones and the wind around his fists and feet caused the bodies of those he attack to be covered in cuts and burns from the wind blades and friction. There were those with bows who tried to attack from behind only to find their arms and legs penetrated by spears made out of pressurized water thrown at them by Ayano who was standing in front of the Library’s door. It didn’t take long for the 50 hunters to be decimated, all of them were laying on the ground groaning and crying for help, and just as Ayano removed the barrier around them, the town’s guards stormed the place and arrested all of the hunters laying on the ground and took them away.

 

On the other side of the town, the merchants and shops’ owners were eyeing the people and yelling at them about what might happen to them if they were to go to that Library or the open market managed by the Mercenary Guild, and for some time they were happy with the results as the people mostly only shopped at their shops. But that didn’t last long. The people went back to avoiding their shops more than before and a new rumor started to spread about the 50 hunters sent by the nobles to attack the Library, and to make things worse, a very long line of caravans from the town of Elk arrived in the town of Akud full of all kinds of products from food to clothes to weapons and tools, and the caravans were guarded by a lot of mercenaries from Elk which is known to have very powerful combatants. The one to greet them was none other than the Lord of Akud herself and from her conversation with the people from Elk, the people of Akud learned that these people are here after the mines in Akud and the monsters that can be found outside the protection of the five mountains, and in exchange, they are going to help the town with its lack of necessary things like food, weapons, tools, and most importantly potions. This caused the merchants and shop owners working for the nobles to panic knowing very well that with those from Elk here in Akud no one is going to do business with them nor would they be able to do business with those from Elk due to their bad reputation, and the final nail in the coffin was the announcement made by the leader of the caravans, the leader of the caravans announced that he is the Guild Master of the Merchants Guild in Elk and that he is here in this town on behalf of Alf El Elk the Lord of Elk, Soma the Head of the Alchemy Department of the Craftsmen Guild in Elk at the request of Leona Akud the Lord of Akud.

 

Back at the Bennet mansion, the nobles were panicking because of the sudden turn of events that happened today. The biggest problem was that everything happened very quickly, and they didn’t have time to react, the reports about the change in the situation came at them one after the other with almost no time between them, the only thing that was yet to be ruined was what they planned for the Academy as that matter was right away taken by Hoggs Household, and the whole thing was left to Mira Hoggs.


Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 

30