Chapter 72: First Quarter (Second Weekend, Day Two)
1.4k 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

-NaeoN.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



First thing in the morning, Nod the Master of the Merchant Guild in Elk came along with the Master of the Merchant Guild in Akud and the Master of the Craftsmen Guild of Akud and the representative of the Mercenary Guild in Akud, a representative came from the Mercenary Guild and not the Master was because the Mercenary Guilds don’t have “Masters” and only have employees and if someone is to be considered to be “Masters” of Mercenary Guilds then that will be the ruling Lords of each town.

 

The two men(Masters of the Merchant Guilds) and two women(Master of the Craftsmen Guild and Mercenary Guild rep) came to the Open Market to meet Soma. The first to step up was Nod who came to Akud as the Leader of the caravan.

 

“It’s the first time for the both of us to meet one-in-one like this so let me introduce myself, I am Nod the Master of the Merchant Guild in the town of Elk, I have always wanted to meet with you face to face from the time you started hunting large numbers of Orcs back in Elk!”(Nod)

 

“Nice to meet you, as you know I’m Soma the Head of the Alchemy Department of the Craftsmen Guild in Elk and a Mercenary that works as a teacher in the Academy”(Soma)

 

“Dolan talked a lot about you, you really are not arrogant despite the power you possess, I’m glad to see that! Before anything else, I’m here to thank you for saving my hometown! After learning about everything from Dolan and Alf-sama, I almost started crying thinking about what might have happened to us was it not for you! Really thank you very much!!”(Nod)

 

“You don’t need to thank me. If you have learned about me from Dolan and Alf, you must be aware of my true identity, right? Then you don’t need to thank me, I did what I did for myself”(Soma)

 

“I see… but what might you mean by “for myself”?”(Nod)

 

“If I was to live in this world from now on, I’ll have to sure the world is in a proper shape right?”(Soma)

 

“Certainly!!... ehem, we four are here to tell you that we are fully aware of who you are and to pledge our allegiance to you! If it’s anything we can do, then please tell us without hesitation and we will do it!!”(Nod)

 

“And I gratefully accept all four of you!... tell me, did the people of Elk figure it out?”(Soma)

 

“Not really, but from reading and learning about the world and the situation it's in at the moment, they seem to believe that you are the Dependent of the God of(Death, Judgment, and Knowledge) and after they saw Dolan and Rendoulf-sama using unfamiliar Systems they are all seem to be excessively excited and eager to use the Systems they read about in the books in the Library, me included! And the Royal Capital seems to be in an uproar because of those same books, the King himself made an effort to spread those books everywhere in the Kingdom excluding Akud and Epia, and those in the Capital who are Beastmen or had Beastmen friends and family were motivated and pleased by the books. But since third of the Capital’s people are believers of the Love Faith, there was a lot of troubles, there were people who actively bought the books, so they can burn them in front of the whole city only for them to discover that the burned books merely returned to those who sold them, and there were those who went out of their way to attack all those who buy and read the books only for them to be punished by Rendoulf-sama and the First Knight Order, and after the First Knight Order were able to control the situation, the number of people buying and reading the books kept increasing and increasing. And what was most surprising was that the number of the Love Faith’s believers had decreased by nearly 50%!! Those people who discarded the Love Faith were all people who didn’t discriminate against other races and only believed in the Love Faith because it either was the only source of Knowledge or because the Love Goddess was the only God in the world as people mostly didn’t know about the War Goddess and the Magic God…. They simply were less zealous”(Nod)

 

“I see”(Soma)

 

“And I have three items Dolan sent with me that he wanted you to check”(Nod)

 

“Items?”(Soma)

 

“Yes! The first one is this ring. Dolan called it a Storage Ring, it’s a Magical Item he made by studying the huge Magic Circle you drew on the ground for the fight against the Flood. It's a Magic Item that is able to store a limited amount of things in a small hole he drilled in the ring. According to him, the space inside the small hole was expanded using Space Expansion Enchantment making it possible to store a lot of things inside it as it has a volume of 1000m3, and time inside it is only slowed by half and not stopped”(Nod)

 

“Oh! He was able to make such a thing? Interesting… his approach is different from mine and that makes it even more interesting! And the way he engraved those Magic Circles is different from anything I know about… interesting… you said there are two more items, right?”(Soma)

 

“Yes! The second one is this…”(Nod)

 

“Another ring?”(Soma)

 

“Yes, it’s called a Warehouse Ring it works similarly to the Storage Ring, but this one doesn’t store things inside itself but inside a proper storehouse that needs to be built somewhere. And once the storehouse is built and the Space Connection Enchantment is placed on it, it becomes impossible to accesses from the outside as if it is in a different dimension but can be seen from this one, and the Warehouse Ring is used to place things inside the storehouse connected to it and to take them out, and you can connect multiple rings to the storehouse, but it has the limitation of it having a short-range and can’t work over long distances, at the moment they can only work if they are a 2km away from the storehouse”(Nod)

 

“This one is very useful for the guilds since the storehouse can’t be accessed from the outside, and it can even be used to exchange confidential information and letters, but before they can be used for that, he would need to think about how to add a locking feature to make them only accessible by the owner alone, and that’s applied to the Storage Rings too, of course”(Soma)

 

“Glad you liked them!”(Dolan)

 

“Dolan?”(Soma)

 

“Here… the third item…”(Nod)

 

Nod took out a crystal orb placed on a wooden pedestal and showed it to Soma, and on that orb, Dolan’s smiling face can be clearly seen.

 

“This is a Communication Orb I made after analyzing some things those bandits had with them! But that alone was not enough to figure out how those things worked, but after looking for information in the library I found the right concept I can use to make this item. And so I made three of them, one with me, and the second one is with Ren, and the third one is for you! And as for the locking feature you talked about, I’m actually working on it right now with the help of some of my guys! But man, I hope that they could receive the Gray System soon, many people are coming up with a lot of interesting ideas after reading in the library and most of these ideas can’t be realized with the General System…”(Dolan)

 

Later that night, Soma is standing on the roof of the dorm building with Marina standing behind him, after making sure no one is there, he used {Monster Creation} to create two Flesh Golems, one was of a brown-skinned man that has long pointy ears, red eyes, and ash gray colored hair, a Dark Elf. And the second one was of a man that has the build of a sumo wrestler, but more than anything he was tall, his height is more than 2m and has a beard that reaches his chest and a magnificent mustache.

 

“Ashen, Genbu it’s time for you two to move out”(Soma)

 

“GAHAHAHAHA! It’s finally our turn to have some fun! I’ll drop by that fellow Dolan and ask him for some weapons before going to do my job!”(Genbu)

 

“I’ll do as instructed”(Ashen)

 

“Yeah, I’ll leave it to you two”(Soma)

 

Genbu started jumping from one rooftop to the other at a ridiculous speed and headed towards one of the mountains planning to climb it to the top before heading towards the town of Elk, as for Ashen, his body started turning into ash and was scattered by the wind disappearing from where he was standing.



Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
33