Chapter 91: First Quarter (One Week Vacation, What Were You Working On?)
1.3k 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

1-Leroy.

2-chanh pham.

3-Edward.

4-David Zimmerle.

5-Vitrumist.

6-Rachel Rodels.

7-Needmoarlitrpg.

8-Vochel.

9-Muhd Izrul.

10-Antab.

11-Michael Gaus.

12-Ritsuka Morgan.

13-Addanc.

14-William Drennan.

15-Josh turner.

 

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.

Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.


In the afternoon, Soma, Marina, and Rimi headed towards the Lord’s castle to meet with Lord Alf, Dolan, and Ito. During the morning, Soma had to deal with Marina and Rimi trying to appeal to him by asking him to teach them about some interesting points they read about in the mansion’s library. They kept trying to make him learn about them as much as possible, and they were trying to get him to teach them about as many things as possible. They knew that Aiko and Yume will appear in front of them one day, but they didn’t hate that. They just want their existence to be as significant as Aiko’s and Yume’s are inside Soma’s heart.

 

Aiko and Yume have been best friends with Soma for years, and the two of them have learned so much from him to the point of them being completely dyed in his colors. That fact was making Marina and Rimi very jealous of Aiko and Yume, and that’s why they were appealing to Soma to teach them about as many things as possible. Soma who was aware of their feelings was teaching them about the things they found interesting with a resigned smile on his face. And Ono was watching them with a huge grin plastered all over her face till Soma teleported her to the public library.

 

Sitting around the meeting table Lord Alf, Ito, Dolan, and Soma with Marina and Rimi seated to his left and right. Lord Alf was looking at the three with a wry smile, Ito was looking at them with a mischievous smile, and Dolan was just smiling in excitement because of the Systems. Looking outside the castle, the whole town is in an uproar. People running all over the town trying to finish as many tasks as possible in their jobs trying to level up and gain new skills. Even the guards and soldiers were doing the same, they are running all over the town patrolling and are even going outside the town to hunt for monsters. The mercenaries were the first to do that, they all ran outside the town as soon as they sobered up and went hunting and catching as many monsters as possible. Some of those mercenaries were from Elm and the capital and used this chance and switched from the General System to the Green System and are right now trying to level up and gain new skills that are going to be very useful for them in the future and to that end, they decided to stay in Elk for few months in order to learn as much as they can about the skills available for the Green System.

 

“First… Dolan, could you tell me about that white brick material you used for the walls and pedestals?”(Soma)

 

“We named that material a Magic Brick! It was discovered by accident when we were building the inner layer of the walls with the clay-like material we got from the Purification Devices you made, by the way, we named the Clay-like material Pure Clay! After expanding the town and building farms and ranches we decided to use some ranches to keep weak monsters to experiment on them. One such monster were Slimes. We were able to capture a lot of them, and after separating them by type we kept them in those ranches. We were experimenting on them to see reactions they will have on different types of food hoping to use them as poison detectors. One day one of the guys transporting the Pure Clay dropped a bag full of it near one of the ranches we keep Slimes in and went away without noticing it. Some of the Pure Clay got into the ranch and the Slimes started eating it. On the guy’s way back to get more Pure Clay, he found the bag opened on the ground and some of the Pure Clay got inside the ranch. The Slimes’ ranch is like a hole dug in the ground with the walls of the hole covered with polished stone bricks. And when the guy peered to check on the Pure Clay that got in, he saw that all the Pure Clay was gone, and instead, there was some kind of gray material covering the ground. He brought that gray material to me, and after testing that material I found out that it was identical to the Pure Clay but different in color. And after more experimenting with it, I found out that we can feed the Slimes Pure Clay plus other materials to get new materials with special properties! And the White Brick is the result of feeding a mixture of Pure Clay, Mana Crystals, and a small amount of Mithril to the slimes! Those White Bricks are called Magic Bricks because of their properties. They are as hard as steel but their shape can be easily changed by covering your hand with Water and Earth Mana. Covering your hand with Water and Earth Mana will make the Magic Brick material soft and easy to mold for as long as you keep your hand in contact with it!”(Dolan)

 

“That’s impressive! What you found is something I have no knowledge of!”(Soma)

 

“That’s not all!! The most important property of the Magic Brick is its Mana Conductivity! Its Mana Conductivity is far better than that of Mithril! And that’s why we are drawing Magic Circles on all of its surfaces! Once the wall is complete, it’s going to form a huge Magic Device!”(Dolan)

 

“What for?”(Soma)

 

“To generate a three-layered barrier covering the whole town! The outer layer is a protective one that blocks everything physically and magically, and it can be adjusted to pick and choose what can pass through and what can’t. The middle layer will be a barrier that scans everything that passes through it and gives a detailed reading about it! We can use it to stop smuggling and to confirm the contents of a wagon against what its driver says. The third layer is to search for people and things inside the town! That way we can find missing people and things right away!”(Dolan)

 

“Ohh! That’s an interesting idea you have there! Were you the one who came up with it?”(Soma)

 

“Glad you liked it! But no, I wasn’t the one who came up with the idea. The one who came up with the idea was one of the young members of the Craftsmen Guild. I was so impressed by him I went and made him my student!”(Dolan)

 

“Good to hear that things are going just fine”(Soma)

 

“…About that… Soma, weren’t your books meant to cause this?”(Ito)

 

“What do you mean?”(Ito)

 

“The knowledge in those books is not all the knowledge you have, right?”(Ito)

 

“That’s right”(Soma)

 

“Which means that you held back on the amount of knowledge you provided us. Reading through the books in the library, I found some mismatched things. The novels and stories in the library always talk about things related to knowledge found in the practical books. It’s like reading stories about how would the town be once we can use all of that practical knowledge as if giving us an example of how would our ideas work. But the practical knowledge doesn’t cover all the things found in those novels and stories as if leading us by the nose to come up with new concepts and to experiment with said concepts to advance the knowledge. That’s why I figured out that the books in the library were meant to lead us to discover the things we discovered, isn’t that right?”(Ito)

 

“The books were meant to lead you to discover new things, but what are those things is unknown to me, like with those bricks. The books in the library are only meant to level the battleground between you and the Love Faith in terms of knowledge”(Soma)

 

“…You mean that the knowledge we have right now is the same available to the Love Faith?”(Lord Alf)

 

“Not even close. The knowledge in the books is just enough to make you guys capable of fighting against them regardless of their knowledge”(Soma)

 

“…Just enough…….. then that means, depending on what action we take we have the potential to leave them behind us and become the stronger ones!”(Ito)

 

“That’s exactly right. Right now you have the potential to become better than them! Remember this, it took them 10 thousand years to reach this level while stopping everyone else from advancing, but you guys are going to advance way ahead of them in the span of just a few months! Just keep learning and try to apply what you learned in the real world! Keep competing with each other to see who comes up with better ideas!”(Soma)

 

“ “ “Yeah!!” ” ”

19