Chapter 92: First Quarter (One Week Vacation, Return To Akud)
1.2k 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

1-Leroy.

2-chanh pham.

3-Edward.

4-David Zimmerle.

5-Vitrumist.

6-Rachel Rodels.

7-Needmoarlitrpg.

8-Vochel.

9-Muhd Izrul.

10-Antab.

11-Michael Gaus.

12-Ritsuka Morgan.

13-Addanc.

14-William Drennan.

15-Josh turner.

 

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.

Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.


Soma, Marina, and Rimi spent their time learning about what changed in the town of Elk, and also the people had a lot of questions for Soma about the systems and about how to use them properly. Even though the library was full of books about the subject, there wasn’t enough space in the library to contain all of the people wanting to learn more about the Systems. Moreover, the people had the feeling of having received something precious from the Gods and that made them hesitant to use the Systems freely and that led to Soma scolding them.

 

“Those Systems are one of your rights as a people of this world! A right that was stolen from you by that bitch the Love Goddess just because she was feeling jealous! Don’t you dare make the same mistake the people of the Love Faith are making right now! Having a System is not that great at all! It just enables you to do your job more properly! Those fools from the Love Faith think that by just having access to the Pink System they became chosen ones, and they have the right to do whatever they want with other people! They think that the Beastmen are no more than animals and enslave them! They see the Mazoku as nothing but monsters and try to kill them! They see the Giants as slow and stupid cowards and make fun of them! They see the Dwarfs as uncultured cave dwellers who are good for nothing other than making stuff, and then go and try to steal what they made! Do you know why do they act that way?”(Soma)

 

“ “ “…” ” ”

 

“It’s because they think they are special due to them having access to the Pink System! They have become arrogant because no one was there to stop them! But that will not happen to you guys! I’ll never allow you to grow arrogant! Losing the ability to use any and all Systems including the general System will be just the start! You guys have that chance to change the world to be better, but if you make light of that chance and start to think about stupid things you’ll lead yourselves to ruin!”(Soma)

 

Right now Soma is riding his new carriage made for him by Dolan, and of course, it’s being pulled by the Two-Headed Salamander. Soma is holding a card made out of Gold in his hand and reading through its contents. The Golden Card is an identification card made for Mercenary’s Guild members. Ito came up with the idea of using ID Cards for the Mercenaries instead of the medals they were using before. The idea was conveyed to the king by Ren and he agreed to it. They wanted Soma to receive the first card and that’s why they delayed implementing them until he visited Elk again. Soma’s card is Gold due to the new System ‘If the Mercenary was able to take and finish 100 hunting requests of strong monsters with a completion rate of 100% his card will be replaced with one made out of Gold’. And Soma is the only one with such a card.

 

“Rimi, what’s with you? Why do you seem So happy?”(Soma)

 

“Eh……… E-Erm… it’s just that I’m glad I came with you this time… I-I was able to learn a lot about you after all…”(Rimi)

 

Soma asked the smiling Rimi for the reason for her seeming so happy, and that was the answer returned to him. Marina was just silently nodding to Rimi’s answer. This trip has made a strong connection between those two now that Marina decided to trust Rimi. Soma hearing Rimi’s answer just smiled wryly at her knowing what he has to face from now on.

 

In the new carriage made by Dolan, the trip back to Akud took the group half the time it took them to go to Elk. And once they reached the town, Soma and Marina went straight to their dorm room, and Rimi went to hers. After they were able to take a short rest, Leona came to visit them along with Milin and Dalis.

 

“I’m here to inform you that everything is going according to the plan! Seeing that you left the town for the past week, the portion of the students’ body that supports Mira has become way more active than ever before! The Second Quarter starts tomorrow, that’s why most of the students and the majority of the staff members have been waiting for you eagerly to start doing your job”(Leona)

 

“The supporters of Mira Hoggs have been protesting and rioting all over the academy causing troubles all over the place! And the nobles have been messing with the people and attacking the open market almost every day since you left the town!”(Dalis)

 

“With this, even those who were sitting on the fence unable to choose whom to support have decided to support either you or Mira Hoggs! Seeing the adverse effects of you leaving the town made the people who supported you from the start feel confident that they made the right choice! And many of the people who sided with the nobles due to their fear of them are now regretting it greatly! And those who weren’t able to choose a side before are now siding with you!”(Milin)

 

“The nobles are showering each other with praises right now since they think that they have been successful in teaching the people a lesson. They misunderstood my and the people’s silence for fear and defeat, but the truth is that we are just waiting for you to finish what you started! I ask of you as your employer, deal with them!”(Leona)

 

“Leave it me”(Soma)

21