Chapter 99: Second Quarter (How Could This Happen?!)
1.2k 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How could this happen?! MY….My… for MY Queen to be treated like thaaatt! How dare they?! Some dirty commoners actually dared to humiliate MY Queen?! I’ll show them!! I’ll be sure to show them!!”(Mara Hoggs)

 

After Mira and what was left of her group were placed under house arrest by the Town’s guards, Mara, Mira’s mother who was extremely surprised and disturbed by the sight of her daughter being escorted home by the town’s guards as if she was a criminal asked her daughter about what happened. Mira started telling her mother about everything that happened from the moment she started opposing Soma to what happened just moments ago. She told her mother about her plans from the first one which was against Rimi before departing for the joined classes which Soma ruined directly. And after that, she talked about what happened at the joined classes where Milin ignored her complaints and how the students from Shiho’s group started acting as if She didn’t exist anymore.

 

Mira also talked about how her lackeys were targeted by Soma every time they were out fulfilling her orders and how some of them were actually sent to prison. She talked about how Soma gave medicine that healed the scars of those rude commoners who dared to defy her, and he gave them that medicine for free without asking for her permission

 

She talked about how she planned to take Soma down by trying to move the student’s body, but strangely no one was moved by her and her lackeys’ words. Instead of being moved, the students at first were just avoiding her group but over time the students started sending hate-filled gazes her way and started treating her as if she was a hindrance. She also told her mother about how she concluded that the students’ behavior was due to them being brainwashed by that new library. She also talked about how her Queen Society was taken down by Soma and how she was fined for modifying the Club Building.

 

She finally talked about her plan today to move the public opinion since moving the student’s body failed, and about how the people were assembling more and more which made her feel as if she has won. But that feeling was proven wrong once the people started asking her for evidence supporting her and her lackeys’ claims. She was surprised. Surprised by the people not believing her words, a Noble. One of her rights as a Noble was that her words are to be believed no matter what she was saying, and those people today just ignored that and started asking her for evidence. And those hateful town guards, instead of correcting the people’s behavior they went and brought records that prove that everything she and her lackeys claimed was nothing but bullshit, and how they went and arrested most of her lackeys and then placed her and who was left of her lackeys under house arrest.

 

Hearing all of that caused Mira’s mother, Mara to go mad as she started shouting and screaming like an animal. Once she had enough screaming and shouting, Mara started ordering her servants to go and assemble everyone working for the Hoggs Household. She was going with all of those people to burn this whole town down. The town that dared to oppose her Queen has no right to be left standing, and all of those mongrels deserve to be killed by being burned alive. Even though two noble families were done in just one day prior, she ignored it all and started rallying all those who worked for her in a loud voice that can be heard from outside the Hoggs Household premises. She was using Wind Magic to amplify her voice, so it’s heard clearly by all of her servants and also the other noble families who were living in the same area, so they don’t get in her way, and so that any and all commoners who were in the amplification range would lose all hope and prepare themselves to die as the GREAT Mara Hoggs was out to burn them alive.

 

As anyone with a working brain would expect that didn’t work well for her. Before she was even done with her speech, the whole area was surrounded by the town’s guards, and coming to deal directly with her and those working for her was Leona with Milin and Dalis to her right and Soma to her left. Those four people walked past the guards surrounding the area and went directly towards the front entrance of the Hoggs Household mansion and stooped there.

 

“…Look!! Look at those fools who came to beg for their lives!! But no matter how much they beg, we will never forgive them!! Those fools saved us the effort of looking for them and came here to be the first to die by my {Glorious Flame}!! Now! Let’s show them the difference between us and them!! Go!!”(Mara Hoggs)

 

“ “ “AAWWWOOOOOO~” ” ”

 

“Soma, do it”(Leona)

 

At Leona’s signal, Soma took a step forward and unsheathed his sword, that was all he did from the perspective of the mob dashing towards them, but that idea changed when the whole wall with the front entrance fell down as if it was cut by something, no…. it was cut. The whole wall was cut down by Soma at a speed only Leona could slightly receive which caused a lot of cold sweat to go down her back as she thanked the heavens that Soma was in her side. As for Milin and Dalis, they concluded that he must have used some kind of Magic to cut the wall which made them excited to ask him about it at a later time.

 

The cut wall kicked up a lot of dust that covered everything preventing everyone from looking past it, but that didn’t last. With the simple movement of flicking two of his fingers upwards, Dalis used Wind Magic to send all of the dust away. From the other side of where the dust was, the mob of the Hoggs followers could be seen running towards the four with their weapons drawn, but they weren’t the only ones ready for a fight. Leona was the first one to start running towards the mob of the Hoggs followers. In front of the running Leona, there were a number of floating gray stone slaps as big tea plates. Leona punched one of the stone slabs slamming it with her hand still connected to it into one of the followers’ face sending him tumbling into those behind him knocking more than 10 people out.

 

Soma next to her sheathed his sword and took out all of his 10 small blades connected to the 10 chains and started slamming the chains into the followers' bodies breaking their bones with every hit. Soma’s chains were swimming around as if they were alive as they wiped the followers in their backs, legs, arms, and even faces regardless of their gender or job. As long as they held weapons in their hands and were attacking him, he showed them no mercy at all, well… at least he didn’t hit them hard enough for their injuries to be fatal. Next to him, Leona kept punching the followers in the face sending them flying one after the other using the floating stone slabs as a weapon. Those stone slabs were made using a combination of Earth Magic to create the stone slabs and Dark Magic in the form of gravity to float them and control their position and weight.

 

Dalis who remained in the back kept using the Dark Magic spell {Weight Control} by embedding it in the spell {Lightless Arrows}. The {Lightless Arrows} is a spell that can only be used at nighttime or in the dark, and it has the property of running through anything and eroding the target, but when used at daytime or in well-lit conditions it would have no effects whatsoever. And that’s why Dalis was using it right now. He only needed it to deliver the effects of the Dark Magic spell {Weight Control}. He aimed the arrows embedded with the {Weight Control} spell at the weapons of the followers making them too heavy to wield.

 

“Fools!! Struggle all you want you’ll not be able to escape my {Glorious Flame}!! Now! Burndown and leave not even your ashes behind!! Hahahahaha!!”(Mara Hoggs)

 

Screaming the name of her favorite Fire Magic spell {Glorious Flame}, five huge golden fireballs radiating golden light to their surroundings raised up towards the sky and started rotating around Mara waiting for her signal to strike. With Mara’s signal, the five golden fireballs went towards Soma and Leona with no regard to the Hoggs followers who were fighting them.

 

“Fufufufu! It’s finally my turn to show off!!”(Milin)

 

Next to Dalis, his wife Milin started laughing happily at the sight of Mara’s {Glorious Flame}. Milin held her right hand towards the five huge fireballs coming towards Soma and Leona, and in front of that hand appeared a Magic Circle that looks like a snowflake. And from that Magic Circle, an intricate and beautiful spear made out of ice appeared and right away bolted towards the five fireballs. The Ice Spear shoot through the five fireballs causing the strange phenomena of fire freezing to occur, and right away the frozen fireballs shattered into snowflakes-sized pieces and started falling down as if it was snowing leaving the Ice Spear proudly floating in the sky for all to see.

 

“I-I-Impossible!! T-That can’t be!! {Glorious Flame} is the prided spell of the Hoggs household blocking it should be impossible!! And what’s with that just now?! There is no such a thing as Ice Magic!.... Keh… It seems that you mongrels will never be satisfied without stepping on our pride! I’ll show you your place!!”(Mara Hoggs)

 

Mara Hoggs not believing what her eyes witnessed started screaming and proceeded to invoke {Glorious Flame} once more. {Glorious Flame} is a Fire Magic spell favored by the nobles of the Valc Kingdom because of its appearance as it looks like five golden suns descending on the mortals of the world and the caster would look as if he/she was a divine passing his/her punishment on to those sinful mortals. But in reality, the spell {Glorious Flame} is not really that strong. The spell was originally created by the Magic God before the creation of the Systems, and it was mainly used to distract the enemies by making them look towards the sky as its showy appearance is bound to attract one's attention. Once the Systems were created, all magic spells created before that moment were added to the Systems including this spell. Because of its appearance and easiness to use, the nobles of the Valc kingdom with the Fire Attribute were taught this spell as the greatest Fire Magic spell there is, and since it doesn’t take much to learn it almost all the nobles with the Fire Attribute are able to use it, and they see it as their greatest weapon. But at the end of the day, this spell is nothing but an excuse cocked up by the nobles of the past, so they can remain to be lazy and claim to be the greatest.

 

The Ice Spear floating in the sky started moving again following the movement of Milin’s hand and bolted towards Mara who was still in the process of invoking her spell again and struck the ground between Mara and her daughter Mira who was standing next to her mother watching as everything went downhill.

 

“H-Hahahahaha!! Fool! You are not even able to aim your magic correctly and you call yourself Magic Teacher?! Now I’ll-! …. Wha-?! What is this?!”(Mara Hoggs)

 

From the spot the Ice Spear struck, ice started to spread towards the mother and daughter engulfing both of their feet, and then kept climbing up engulfing their bodies in ice leaving only their heads out. Soon after that, all of the Hoggs followers were knocked out leaving no one standing inside the Hoggs Household primes other than Leona, Soma, Dalis, and Milin and the frozen Mara and Mira.

 

“Now….. Mira Hoggs, after interrogating the three girls from your Queen Society who were caught by Soma as they were about to assault one of their fellow female students using small blades we found out that they were following your orders. From what we could collect afterward, it turned out that those small blades were given to them by you as proof of being part of your Queen Society, and I don’t need to tell what is the effect of those blades. Other than that, after interrogating the two male students who were caught by Soma as they were about to set fire in one of the Clubrooms we found out that those two as well were carrying out your orders. Moreover, those two cases were only the failed attempts that were luckily stopped by Soma, and further investigation revealed to us several similar cases that were not stopped, and the students of your Queen Society were getting away with those crimes for years now. After that, the recent boycotting and rioting you spearheaded in the Academy’s grounds and then in the town for no valid reason as you attempted to sway the people with unfounded claims. And you Mara Hoggs, you were the one covering up your daughter’s crimes leading to pain and surfing to befall my people for all this time. And finally staging this rebellion and declaring that you were going to commit genocide against my people and then attempting to follow through with your claims…. Both of you are found guilty of the crimes I listed just now and are to spend the rest of your lives as Heavy Labor Slaves under the direct management of the government of Akud. As for the people who worked for you, they are all going to be interrogated and punished accordingly!”(Leona)

18