Chapter 101: Second Quarter (Mana Armor, Hand-To-Hand Training)
993 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the fifth day, the students of the Actual Combat Class kept training Physical Enhancement with the intention of increasing the speed of their actions as they used it in order to keep the Physical Enhancement stable and to reduce the consumption of Mana. At the start of the training yesterday, they were moving at 1% of their full speed as they spared one-on-one, and they also kept changing partners, so they all equally get used to Physical Enhancement.

 

The weekend came and the students of the Actual Combat Class kept training by themselves trying to increase their speed as much as possible, and by the end of the weekend, they were able to raise their speed to 5%.

 

On the other hand, Soma spent the weekend hunting monsters for the open market and as a form of training for Marina. Marina wasn’t training to raise her level but instead, she was training in martial arts and advanced forms of Mana Arts that Soma knew about through the souls of the disposed of people inside him.

 

Leona spent most of her time reading through the reports and documents that were hidden by the Archiving Manager, and the more she read, the more she found. The crimes recorded in the reports were numerous and a lot of them were recorded before she became the Lord of Akud and a lot of the reports and documents, in general, were about nobles from the capital. To be honest, the number of crimes committed by the nobles of Akud + the crimes committed by the nobles of other towns especially those from the capital in the town of Akud was overwhelming. But thanks to her spending a lot of her time reading through all of those reports and documents she was able to make a list of all the corrupt people in Akud, but instead of moving to eliminate them she instead decided to leave them be just in case there is more of them that were not recorded.

 

The most unexpected thing about those reports and documents is the fact that they should have been destroyed by the Archiving Manager as per his agreement with the nobles. But instead of doing that, the Archiving Manager made copies of them and destroyed those copies in front of the nobles while keeping the originals in the locked room in the Archiving building. The nobles kept visiting him to see him burning the reports and documents only for a brief while at the start, and then they stopped doing that once he earned their trust. But he himself wasn’t as stupid as they were, and so he kept the original reports and documents as insurance in case they turned against him.

 

The most annoying things Leona found in those documents were reports of Holy Knights and Love Church's personals entering Akud without any reports stating their exit. Not only the Holy Knights and Church’s personals but of many adventurers, mercenaries, slaves, and even nobles. There are reports of many people entering the town but never exiting, but none of them can be found in Akud nor did she see any of them around the town.

 

And what answered all of her questions was a book hidden behind the shelves filled with reports, the only book in that whole room. The title of that book was ‘Observation of the shady side of the Love Church Vol 2’.

============================================================================================

 

One more week passed, and the students of the Actual Combat Class are able to move at 50% of their speed, and at this point, all of them have obtained the skills for Body Reinforcement and Physical Enhancement and are right now able to move at 100% of their speed if used through the System. But using the Skill through the System will result in them being unable to control the output of the skills due to the output being control by the level of the skills themselves. That’s why the students are trying to master Body Reinforcement and Physical Enhancement without using the System and once they are able to move at 100% of their speed without the System, they would use the System to activate and deactivate Body Reinforcement and Physical Enhancement as it’s faster and easier that way.

 

Two weeks before the duel, the students of the Actual Combat Class are now standing in front of Soma as he is about to increase their training load, but rather than feeling tired or angry about it, all of them were happy about it. Their training menu became repetitive and boring once they got used to it and that’s why they are happy to see that change.

 

“…Good, I can see that you all have become splendid weirdos that are happy to get more work on their plates”(Soma)

 

“ “ “And whose fault is that!” ” ”

 

“The world?”(Soma)

 

“Fufufu”(Marina)

 

“ “ “…” ” ”

 

“Well then, today I’m going to teach you about Body Armor. Body Armor is an application of Body Reinforcement, Physical Enhancement, and the Art of Magic Circles. While using Body Reinforcement and Physical Enhancement you move your Mana in circles inside your bodies, but if you apply the Art of Magic Circles to it by moving your Mana in the shape of Magic Circles you’ll be able to add the effects of those Magic Circles to your bodies and their surroundings. And that’s called Mana Armor. You can utilize this for defense by surrounding yourselves with Water Attribute effects to defend against Fire Magic, or to attack by increasing the weight of your fist the moment it hit the target by adding Dark Attribute effect. And the most important point in all of this is the fact that you don’t need to have the specific attributes to use Body Armor, at the end of the day it’s nothing but an application of the Art of Magic Circles and so what’s applied to Magic Circles is applied to Mana Armor. Of course, this not the only way to use it nor is Magic Circles are the only things that can be applied to Body Reinforcement and Physical Enhancement”(Soma)

15