Chapter 30: Relaxing time
2.2k 11 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So... I'm the Saint now, huh?

It's been two days since my baptism and to be honest, I still find it unbelievable.

What do I do now that I'm the Saint? That, I do not know. All I know is that I was chosen for a reason, relating to that man who had appeared during my baptism. The man who only told me two words before vanishing.

"Save... them..."

Who is 'them'? Another thing I do not know; a question which I can only ask when that man appears again.

Which is why, leaving that mystery aside for now, I am currently lying lazily on my bed, reading several thick books about the previous Saint, since I am curious about what kind of person she is.

And from these books, I've learnt three things.

One, the previous Saint Brave was a beautiful mature woman named Alyssa. Family name, not stated.

Two, the information written here described her as kind, benevolent person who did not hesitate to help those in need around her. Even going as far as to killing many monsters on her own, despite having the role of a healer.

I don't know why, but that description seems kinda off to me. Just a feeling though...

And finally, three, is that the world back then is scary as hell!

According to this book titled, The Adventures of Saint Alyssa, which entails Alyssa's journey written by one of her escorts, describing about everything they've experienced on the way to the Holy Nation, Regalio, where the Eight Braves would first meet up before heading off to defeat the Abyssal Lord.

In that story, monsters from the Abyssal Lord's army weren't their only enemies. People from other nations, bandits and even members of the church themselves, were some of the other types of enemies they had to face. Going as far as to resorting to killing their enemies when necessary.

Damn another world, you scary.

However, since that was two thousand years ago, I imagine that the world now should be more peaceful compared to that time.

Right? Right???

Overall though, this book is a pretty interesting read. 7/10.

In any case, my curiosity about the previous Saint is sated for now.

"*knock* *knock* *knock* "Young Miss, your tutor is here."

And just on time, lesson with Miss Angelica is about to start again.

"Alright. Tell Miss Angelica to give me a minute, Sabrina!"

"Understood."

With few stretches, I got off my bed, pat down my dress, and left my room.

Relaxing time is over, going into... studying time now...

Ugh.

???

Pope Labra (Grandpa)'s POV

"*Yawn* Finally, Mass is over!"

"Good work, Your Holiness." said my dear assistant, Julia. Expressionless as always, but at least better that her bratty brother.

"Yeah yeah... whatever. Anyways, what's next on my schedule? I'm exhausted already."

"Well, next on the list is apparently... sleep, sleep, eat lunch, then sleep, sleep, sleep again, perform evening mass, eat dinner, and finally... sleep."

"Bahahaha! Whoever made that schedule sure knows me best!"

"Your Holiness, you're the one who made the schedule..."

"As expected of me then! No one knows me better than I do!"

Following the schedule then, it's time for me to return to my room and take a nice fucking nap. This old man's tired already and would like some peace and quiet.

"Ah, before that Your Holiness..."

God dammit.

"...we've received a letter from the Cardinals at Regalio, addressed to you. They asked when exactly you will be returning to the Holy Nation?"

Ugh, those nosy older farts again...

"Just tell them I'll return in two weeks or something. I'm going to sleep now."

"Well about that, they said they would like you to return now instead of waiting."

"Huh, seriously?"

"Yes, Your Holiness."

Then what's the point of asking, if they don't even want a fucking answer at all!? Those ancient pricks at Regalio sure love to get on my nerves, huh! They even prevented me from seeing the birth of my grandchildren not once, but twice! Just so I would attend those stupid political meeting with some bitch ass rulers from other countries.

"Ugh, fine... Tell those bastards I'll return soon."

"Understood, Your Holiness."

Wait. Speaking of grandchildren...

"Oh, one more thing, Julia."

"Yes, Your Holiness?"

"Bring me a pen, ink, and some papers. Totally forgot I needed to write some letters."

"I understand."

Julia then walks off as I go to my room and pour a nice glass of watermelon juice to drink while I wait.

..................

A few minutes later, several knocks were heard as Julia enters my room with the items I've requested in hand.

"I've brought the pen, ink and papers, Your Holiness."

"Alright! Thanks a lot."

"No problem, sir.

Taking the pen, ink and papers from Julia, I proceed to unleash my ultimate penmanship onto three of the papers provided. Writing the same content in each of them before folding them up and slotting them into three envelopes. Drip some wax onto the envelopes and finally, stamp my seal on the wax.

Voila! The letters are done!

Oh right! Nearly forgot. Gotta write who they are addressed for...

"Julia, come here."

"Yes, Your Holiness."

I pass the letters and instructs her accordingly.

"Send these to the Elf Queen of Winhelm, the Dwarf King of Baxton, and the current Headmaster of the Nekros Magic Academy."

"I understand, Your Holiness. I shall send these immediately."

"Great. Now go."

Julia leaves the room as I lean back on the chair to relax and finish the glass of watermelon juice in my hand. As I have done the most important task of my job, regarding the Saint Brave.

"But still... the Saint, huh?"

Of all people, it had to be my granddaughter..... What a pain.

Before I leave for Regalio, I should probably pay her and Evelyn a visit tomorrow... along with some gifts I guess.

For Evelyn... well, some flowers will be enough. But what about my granddaughter? What do I get for her?

Hmm... eh, I think about it tomorrow. For now, Imma take my nap and so, time to crash on the couch!

Work is over for the time being, going into relaxing time now.

Ahh... what a bliss.

???

Mercedes's POV

Huh, what the? Where the hell am I?

I believe that after my lessons with Miss Angelica, I then went to have training with my father and big brother as per usual. After which, I went on to spend my free time before dinner, playing and fluffing Feylis during that period. Had my dinner after that which was delicious as usual, and finally read a book with big brother and Feylis until bedtime.

So now... where am I exactly? As I find myself in a strange yet familiar white space... oh, wait a second!

I've been here before, haven't I!?

Yeah, I remember! I've seen this place before during my baptism! Which means...

North, south, east, west. I look into every direction to see where that man is probably gonna appear from.

"Hmm... It seems like she knows where she is now."

Huh... Wasn't that the man's voice? Where did it come from?

"But... she looks kinda lost, you know. Can she not see us perhaps?"

Another voice was heard. This one, more feminine. But where did it coming from? And 'see us'? See who exactly, I wonder?

While I was frantically look around me even harder, a snarky third voice then pipe up.

"That's because we're floating above her, you fools!"

Wait, did she say 'above'?

"Hey dimbleweed! Look up!"

Wha— Oh my god!

'Look up,' I did. And saw six divine-looking giant beings, each of a different race. But the one who surprised me, was the large elf lady among the six. Mainly because...

"Holy moly! Her breasts are enormous!"

"HUH!?"

The elf lady immediately flusters, whereas the human man next to her laughs out loudly.

And hold on. Ain't that man the one who appeared during my baptism?

"Hahahaha! OMG, I can't. The first thing she commented was your boobs. That was brilliant!"

"Hey, stop laughing you jackass!"

"Oh come on, Ralzalka. If you're so embarrassed by a child talking about your boobs, why bother showing them off?"

"I already told you, Barbaros! I'm not showing them off on purpose! Besides, that 'child' you're talk about, isn't exactly a child!"

Uhh... I don't get what's going on, but I guess I should keep quiet for now.

"Ralzalka, Barbaros, stop it you two. Save your couples fight for later. You're in front of the Saint right now." said the demon man behind me, scolding the two with a deep voice.

"I told you already, Sir Balrog! We're not a couple!" the elf lady instantly retorted, as the human man laughs and comments the same.

"True. I wouldn't want to be couples with a bitch like you either."

"Barbaros, you bastard."

Ignoring the those two couples for now, the floating demon man then cleared his throat and calls for my attention.

"I apologise for those two, Saint. Their actions are truly unbefitting of a god right now."

"Ah, it's alright, I don't mind. Uh... by the way, did you just say that you guys are gods?"

"Yes I did. We are the Six Gods of this world. My name is Balrog, also known as the God of Demons. Please to meet the Saint."

I see... I see...

The Gods have appeared!!!

Chocolate Waifu has return! Hooray! ?

Thanks for reading :)

Also, join my discord if you want. https://discord.gg/gjpPkEf7mf I'll give you a chocolate if you do.

  

PS. Here's a chibi Feylis I made while messing around with picrew. Enjoy~ :3

Spoiler

p2XFeXG.jpg

[collapse]

91