Chapter 18: Palace Party
3.1k 5 143
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Evening rolls around. Many carriages of different noble families have arrived at the palace; Loki is still chatting with his fiancée; Adrian is changing in the room next door; and I am currently in the same room with Aria, watching her getting dressed by the maids while I draw something in the air.

"[Create]."

What I drew, was a hairpin. A design and colour, suitable for the dress which Aria is in the process of wearing right now.

"Ouch!~"

Done with the dress, the maids then begin to work on Aria's hair, where she felt some pain from the maid combing her hair.

"M-my apologies, Your Highness!"

"I-it's alright..."

I walk up to her.

"Does it hurt, Aria?"

"Y-yes... but it's fine. I won't cry to something like this."

The maids felt impressed by her tenacity. But before I let them continue, I put my hand on her head.

"[Heal]."

A golden light glows at the palm of my hand, removing the small pain which Aria had felt and replacing it with a nice, soothing sensation.

That's right, maids who are staring at me. I am a holy magic user!... Like my mother before me.

"By the way, use this when you are done with her hair."

"Yes, my lady."

I pass one of the maids the hairpin and walk back to sit on the bed, waiting for Aria's dress up to be done.

"Ta da!~ How do I look, Big sister?"

I take a look at her.

"You look great, Aria. Cute and beautiful."

Suddenly, Aria grabs my hands and moves up close to me.

"R-really!? You really think I'm cute?"

Whoa there! Calm down, little girl.

"Of course. Why would I lie about that?"

I pat her head, which she accepts delightfully.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

"Come in!"

Entering the room in his suit, Adrian came to say hello.

"Yo. You're done already, right?"

"Uh huh. Big sister said that I'm cute!"

"What!?"

Aria boasts proudly, whereas Adrian was shook but immediately shakes it off and walks closer towards me.

"Big sis, how do I look?"

"You look great, Adrian. Really neat and handsome."

Aria nods her head in agreement.

"Really!? You really think so, Big sis?"

"Of course."

I pat Adrian's head, which he accepts delightfully as well.

Like peas in a pod, huh?

Afterwards, we left the room with the twins, hugging both of my arms each as we walk.

"Hohohoho!~ You three are really close. Almost as if you're a real family."

I turn around to see Uncle Licht... and a really thicc elf woman!

No doubt about it... That's the Queen!!!

"Ah, papa!"

"And mama!"

Yup, I guessed correctly.

I had the twins let go of me as I bow.

"Greetings to Your Majesty, the King and the Queen."

"Oho? What happen to calling me 'Uncle Licht', Mercedes?"

"Errr... well... I can't do that in public, can I?"

Uncle Licht sighs, "You're really Lucius's daughter, alright..."

The Queen then walks up.

"Greetings, Lady Mercedes. I am Millenna C. Ferashide, and as Adrian and Aria called me, I am their mother, the Queen of this country. It's nice to meet you."

Wh-what a voice... A goddess's voice! And with a body of a goddess to boot... Uncle Licht, you've chosen well.

I said nothing, and gave no gestures. But when Uncle Licht and I made eye contact, we nodded as cultured individuals.

And so, because Adrian and Aria wouldn't let me go after embracing my arms again, I had to my entry to the party with the both of them. Becoming the main attraction of the party instead of them.

As a result, many nobles came to talk to me while I was with Adrian and Aria. They all proposed the idea of marrying their sons, which I feigned ignorance as to what that could ever mean.

Fortunately, when the two pillarmen, AKA, my father and brother, stood behind all of them menacingly, the nobles immediately scattered and went off to chat with other noblemen and women.

"Mercedes, are you alright?"

"They didn't do anything to you, right, little sister?"

"I'm fine, daddy, big brother, we were just talking."

I give them a wide smile, acting as if I don't know what they are talking about. I'm just trying to enjoy the party with the twins.

Seeing that there is nothing wrong, the pillarmen left us alone, but I sense that they are close by to watch over me like a hawk.

*sigh* What a doting family I have...

As for mummy, she is speaking with the other Duchesses. And although I can see Duchess Laymin from where I am, the other party guests are blocking my view of Duchess Lekrona, Loki's mother.

Oh well, I'm sure I will meet her one day. Since I am Loki's friend after all.

Speaking of Loki, I see him entering the venue, where he heads immediately for the piano in the room.

Then, I see Princess Sofia in the corner, sitting on a chair in a simple light dress, as to not stand out.

Looks like Loki is gonna perform for the Second Princess, in front of everyone.

"Woo!~ Go Loki!"

"Huh? Big brother Loki is here!?"

"Where? Where?"

I point to the piano where the twins look at and see Loki, sitting on the seat as he crack his knuckles before starting.

~?~?~?

All of the guests went silent, as the entire room us filled with only the music of the piano playing. Reverberating throughout the venue.

"Hey, isn't that boy, the problem child of the Lekrona family?"

Suddenly, I can vividly hear the nobles whispering among themselves.

"You're right. I'd never thought he could play the piano so beautifully."

"He's not engaged, is he? I wonder if he would be willing to wed my daughter."

Hahaha! Sorry, ladies and gentlemen. My boy, Loki, has the Second Princess. So, fuck off and leave him alone!

"Adrian, Aria, after his performance, Loki is going to be swarmed by nobles. So I'll need you two to create a distraction, until I help him out of here, okay?"

"Okay!"

"Got it!"

Loki is about to finish his performance, so I chant my illusion magic and used [Clear Shroud] to turn myself invisible, heading towards him without anyone noticing except for Loki, who turned to peek at me for a moment.

I then begin the chant for [Clear Favour], to turn him invisible when he ends.

Loki finishes his performance, stands up and bows to the audience. Which they then proceed to approach Loki simultaneously.

But just on time, Adrian shot a bolt of lightning into the air, which burst into tiny particles. Catching the attention of everyone, while I turn Loki invisible. Busting out their distraction: a silly looking dance.

It works well... It's working really well... So well, in fact, that even me and Loki are distracted by it.

Oh fuck. This is like that one stickman game I've played, ain't it!?

We got distracted... We all got distracted. And eventually, the nobles forgot about their objective and return to socialising with one another. Forgetting the twins' dancing as well.

What kind of fucking sorcery, is this!?

Huh? Wait, my vision's getting blur-

That was when I woke up to the morning sun and realise... the palace party was yesterday. But because I had a great time there, I couldn't help but think about the event in my dream.

Everything at the party had occurred accordingly as it is, the twins' distraction, however, was the only thing different in reality.

Instead of the distraction dance in my dream, they made their small pickle golem, Rick, man a giant cake golem like a gundam, which most definitely distracted the lot of them, as it juggled more cakes while I escorted Loki and Princess Sofia, back to the Princess Sofia's room.

And after the party ended, the Queen herself, lectured Adrian, Aria, and me, which I'd totally forgot about what she said, for I was mesmerised by her boo- I mean, voice... her heavenly voice...... yes...

They are bigger than my mother's, by the way.

Ten chocolates as promised. ??????????

And ten meat as well. ??????????

Enjoy!~

Next chapter onwards, I'm not gonna ask for hearts again. Too lazy...

With that being said... Heart the chapter! Thank you.

143