Chapter 19: A Stormy Night
3.3k 5 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On one random day, in the dead of night. I woke up slightly, feeling the need to pee, I forcibly push myself off the bed and drag my feet towards the door.

I open the door and left my room, turning to the left where- Oh wait, the closest bathroom is at the right.

Slowly walking to my destination with dead sleepy eyes, I could hear the sound of rain pouring outside. It seems like the storm has not gone, ever since it started some time in the evening.

I entered the bathroom and did my business. Exiting afterwards, feeling refreshed and awake.

"Ah!~ That was relievin-"

*Boom*

"Eek!!~"

Hearing the sound of thunder roaring, I instinctively crouch to my knee and cover my ears.

I hate it... I hate thunder at night. I'm fine if it's during the morning, afternoon, or evening. But at night, is the time which I cannot stand it!

"Ah."

I wet myself...

Shit... shit shit shit...

Well, it's pee, but still... shit.

"Ugh... I'm already five years old..."

...With the mentality of an adult.

This is... this is embarrassing.

I need to go back to my room, quick! And change my clothe-

*Boom*

"Eek!~"

No no no no no... Not again, not again!

"I hate thunders at night..."

Suddenly, I hear footsteps and see a small light approaching me.

Oh shit, I better hide!

"Is someone there?"

"..."

"What are you doing, Mercedes?"

Argh, what am I thinking, hiding behind a vase!? Of course I'd be found!

"Daddy... Mummy..."

My parents look down, seeing that I've wet myself.

"Let's go take a bath, shall we, sweetie?"

"Mmmm..."

My mother carries me as she brings me to the bath, whereas my father goes to get a change of our clothes from our rooms. Mummy starts to wash me before herself, while my father enters soon after and washes himself. We then enter the hot water and relax within the bath.

*Boom*

"Eek!~"

Once again, the sound of the thunderclaps frightened me. Causing my body to shake, despite the being in the hot water.

"It's alright... It's alright, sweetie. Mummy and daddy are here~"

"That's right. We are here for you, Mercedes."

Ah... I see. Yes, I'm not alone now. They are here as well.

My parents continue to pat my head until I calm down. Eventually, I did. But they did not stop patting my head just yet.

"Mummy, daddy, how did you two meet?" I asked them. Giving them a look of innocence, whereas the both of them give me looks of astonishment and anxiety.

Are they hiding something?

"D-dear? Would you like the honour of answering our daughter's question?"

We both look at my father.

Yes daddy, tell me the story of 'how I met your mother'. But don't stretch it out into nine seasons, please.

"W-well, you see... Your mother and I knew each other as kids; we went to the same academy together; I confessed to her then; and we started dating; afterwards, we got married. And that's the end."

...Really? That's too short and vague! They're definitely hiding something.

"Then, what was daddy and mummy like befor-"

"Now then, sweetie! Staying in the bath for too long is bad. And it's late, so let's get out and go to bed, shall we?"

She changed the subject... SHE CHANGED THE SUBJECT!! What are you hiding, mother!?

We exited the bath with me in new pajamas, as my parents then take me to their room instead of mine, to comfort me to sleep during the storm.

Trying my best to ignore the thunder, however, I pretended to sleep. As my parents begin talking.

"Whew!~ Can't believe we'd managed to evade that question."

"Yeah, it's not like we can tell her that you used to swear a lot, when you were young, 'Saintess'."

"And it's not like we can tell her that you were a playboy, dear."

Oh... so that's why...

Alright, time to sleep then.

"Mum...my..."

"Ara? Seems like our daughter prefers mummy than daddy, huh?"

Of course. Between my mother's boobs and my father's man pecs... Boobs for the win, one hundred percent!

*Boom*

"Eek!"

Ugh... But hearing thunder at night, is still scary in the end...

???

Two years have passed. I am now seven years old, with greater knowledge about this world's literature, social etiquette, magic, and swordsmanship.

But now, I am learning none of that, for it is my day off today. Which is why, for they first time, I am about to explore the city with my family..... and Sabrina, who will mainly be watching over me during this excursion.

"Sorry for the wait!~"

Running towards to entrance in my going-out dress, I see my father, mother, and brother, waiting for me by the carriage.

"You look sooo cute, sweetie!"

"Ehehe. Thanks, mummy."

"Yup, my daughter is the cutest in the world. And I'll beat anyone, who dare says otherwise!"

Daddy, you're over exaggerating... And don't go beating up people. I'll not talk to you again, if you do that.

"Father, instead of beating them up, show them how cute Mercedes is."

That's right, big brother! A peaceful method is the best.

"Then kill them for belittling my little sister on the spot."

I take that back. Don't go murdering people, you dumbo!

"Oh. Great idea, Frederick!"

No, it's not!!!

Citizens of Ferashide, I wish you all to be safe for today.

Entering the carriage, we ride off to one of the districts, where most of the shops are.

"Amazing!"

I look through the window of the carriage, seeing the variety of shops and restaurants. Even different types of the people walking about, which includes the different types of races.

"Daddy, daddy! Where are we going first?"

"Hahaha. You're really excited, huh, Mercedes?"

"Of course I am! I've never been here before, until today!"

"I see... I see... Well then, we're heading to a clothing store first, to get some new clothes."

"Then, I can choose my clothes now, right?

"Of course, sweetie. You can choose whatever clothes you like. We'll buy it for you."

"Yippee!~"

I did as I please and bought new clothes. Some of which, were something that my family had never thought I would choose, but it turned out to be something which they found to have suited me perfectly. So they bought it.

Afterwards, we went to many other stores, purchasing many things from them. Until finally, we decided to split up to go to whichever store we wished to go.

"Here, sweetie. Take this."

Oh my god. This is...

"I have been given allowance!!!"

"Young Miss, please calm down. You're being a little too excited."

"Oh, sorry... Anyways, let's go, Sabrina!"

"As you wish, my Young Miss."

Time to explore the city!

? Thanks for reading as usual. ?

118