Chapter 20: Exploring the City
2.9k 6 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Excuse me, mister. Two kebabs please~!"

"Righto! Hold on for just a minute, young lady."

I wait as the kebab stall owner makes my order. Finishing soon after, he gives me my food, whereas I pay him 24 copper coins for it.

The currency of this world, is simply like any isekai stories, being the copper, silver, and gold coins, where the value of copper coins are the lowest and the value of gold coins are the highest.

Gold coins, however, are more likely to be used by nobles and royalty, because well... they're the rich.

After my purchase, I walk back to Sabrina and pass her one the kebabs in my hands.

"My apologies, Young Miss. But a maid like me, shouldn't be eating with her master."

"It's fine. I'll allow it."

"But, Young Miss..."

I shove the food into her hands, forcing Sabrina to receive it.

"I said it's fine. Sabrina is more than a maid to me. You're my friend, so eat up."

She got stunned a little, then smiled slightly and takes a bite out of the kebab.

"Mmm~ It's delicious."

"Mm-hmm. Definitely. This is good!"

We walk around the area while eating. Throwing the thrash into a bin after we're done, we head to the building that stood out a lot, where generally the same type of people enters and exits it.

"Is this... the Adventurers' Guild?"

"Yes, it is, Young Miss."

"The building looks weird."

Even the sign is weird. I can't read it properly.

"Apparently, the design is to make it stand out, so that people may easily identify the Adventurers' Guild of this city."

Well... not sure about the being easily identifiable part, but it is doing a very good job at standing out.

"Anyways, let's go."

"You're not going in to see what it's like, Young Miss?"

"I can more or less guess what it's like... Besides, I want to explore the other shops, before we regroup with everyone."

"Understood, Young Miss."

Our next stop is a weapons and armours store, mainly because I'm curious about what type of weapons they sell.

Also, I'm thinking about implanting a clear image of a sword into my mind, for the sake of creating it using creation magic, whereas other creations will be made by my artistic skills.

Because one, I can prepare for trouble at any moment, just by creating a blade with my mind, rather than drawing the image out and then creating it, which will definitely take more time.

The second reason is, well... I can go UBW on my enemies' asses.

Looking at the swords, I would try holding one of them in my hands. But being a seven year old, it will definitely be heavy for me to wield, despite my training. That's why I'll refrain myself for now, as I do not want to cause any accidents in the store.

"Young lady, you've staring at those swords for a while. None of them catch your attention, huh?"

I turn to the voice, seeing the store owner behind the counter, observing me and Sabrina, the only customers in his store right now.

"Are there any better ones, mister?"

The man's face lit up as he drops down behind the counter, reappearing with a very specific sword inside a display box.

"Despite being a girl, you must have trained with a sword, right? Then how about this... Huh? Hey, hold on, young lady! Where are you-"

I close the door behind me.

Sorry, but I'm not interested in wielding a Japanese katana. And I wasn't planning on buying anything in the first place, so... end of story.

*ring* *ring* *ring*

Huh? Who's making the sound?

We head towards the source of the sound.

*ring* *ring* *ring*

"Ice cream! Ice cream! Get your ice cream here, people!"

...

Without saying anything, I approach the vendor with my money already out.

"Young Miss, didn't you just eat earlier?"

"I have a separate stomach for that. Anyways, you want one, Sabrina?"

"No thank you. I'm not craving for it like you, Young Miss."

"Alright then, don't ask me to share with the ice cream with you later, okay?"

"Don't worry, I won't."

I entered the queue and waited for my turn. Taking a look at what kind of ice cream they got.

Hmm... Only vanilla and chocolate, huh? I'll take the chocolate then... even though it costs more than the vanilla flavour.

So when my turn came, I ordered my ice cream with excitement and..... Huh?

Da fuk is this?

"That will be 20 copper coins, young lady."

"This... this is chocolate ice cream...?"

"That's right!"

I've been tricked, I've been backstabbed and I've been quite possibly, bamboozled!

This isn't chocolate ice cream. This is just vanilla ice cream, with a piece of chocolate as topping!

I stare daggers into the ice cream man's heart. Showing him my obvious discontent, before handing him the money.

"Next time, say that the chocolate is a topping instead of another variant of ice cream, okay, mister?"

"Eh?"

"Okay~?"

"R-right..."

We then leave to find a spot to sit and eat the ice cream.

"Hm? That is..."

"That's the statue of The Saint Brave, Young Miss. Even without magic, it has maintained its form which is amazing."

Well... it is a bronze statue after all.

"Let's go and sit near there."

"Understood, Young Miss."

As I eat my chilling food, I thought to myself.

This city is amazing... Well, I've only explored a part of it, but nonetheless, it is incredible.

If I could erase my memories of this place and relive the experience, I might actually do it. But I rather not, because having amnesia is terrifying.

After finishing the ice cream, we head to a book store and spent the remainder of our time there. Purchasing some books that caught my interest as well.

But still, how cool would it be if I make some doujins? I mean, I have the skills to draw them and there already are eroticas in this world... It might sell pretty well actually.

Then again, a child drawing hentai is just weird... I'll do that when I'm older, I guess.

"Young Miss?"

Huh? Oh right. Gotta pay for my books.

"Alright, let's go to everyone now, Sabrina."

"I understand."

And so we regrouped with my family, putting an end to the exploration as we head back home in the carriage.

"So sweetie, how was the city?"

"It's amazing, mummy. I love it!"

"I see, it's good that you're enjoying yourself, Mercedes. Seems like you've also bought some things, huh?"

"Yup! Got some books to read later."

"Heh~ Mind if I borrow some when you're done, Mercedes?"

"Sure!"

? Here's a chocolate.

? And here's a meat.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day. ?

125