Chapter 27: Baptism
2.8k 14 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Where is she? Where is she? Where is she? Where is she? WHERE IS SHE!?

Who knows how long it has been, since Elder sister went to pick some flowers.

The Duke, the Duchess, and Sir Frede- I mean, Elder brother, have already returned, along with Miss Angelica, who is also worried.

Apparently, they could not find Pope Labra, Elder sister's grandfather, and had returned early to wait for him instead. However, when I told them that Elder sister went to pick some flowers, a lot of time have already passed since then. So, we are getting really worried.

"Did she get lost, I wonder?"

"She probably has. Frederick had gotten lost as well, when we came here for his baptism."

"Wait, I did?"

"Yes, you did, son."

We decided to search for her, starting with the nearest bathroom where she could have been to. From there, we agreed to move separately, where the Duke goes on his own, the Duchess goes with Miss Angelica, and Elder brother goes with me, to cover more ground when searching for Elder sister.

But before we could do that, a pretty, dark skin, glasses Sister with long, light purple hair that exposes her forehead, and dark blue eyes that seems to be glaring all the time, approaches us.

"Everyone of Lodengrimm, His Holiness is ready to see you."

"Not now, Sister Julia. We are looking for my daughter who is-"

"His Holiness has found Lady Mercedes in the garden earlier, and is currently having a chat with her, while waiting for all of you."

""""What!?""""

The dark skin Sister turns around.

"I'll show you the way."

We follow the sister to where Elder sister is, feeling relieved that she is safe.

I about to rely on my beast senses to look for her, if this Sister had come to us later.

We arrive at a door, where the dark skin Sister proceeds to knock on the door thrice, "Your Holiness, I have brought them." she said. To which a "Come in." was heard within the room.

So, wanting to see Elder sister first, I decided to turn on the door knob and enter first, but was stopped by the Duke, whose face looks pretty intense for some reason.

"I'll go in first. It's safer this way."

"Huh?"

He readies his sword and opens the door, when suddenly...

"Repent, motherfucker.

[Holy Fist]!"

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!?

The Duke has begin clashing with an old priest! Who is using his own fists against the sword!!

What is going on!?!?

???

While I was having a nice chat with grandpa, his assistant came back knocking on the door, informing him that my family is here.

But as soon as we see my father entering the room, grandpa stood up immediately, radiating mana from his body and emitting bloodlust towards my father, as he focuses his mana onto his hands.

"Repent, motherfucker.

[Holy Fist]!"

Grandpa's fists begins glowing in golden light, who then jumps at my father and strikes him using said fists. Whereas my father blocks the attack with his sword, as grandpa's fists clash with the blade like it's nothing.

So that's what the sword was for!? Protection against Pope of all people!?

Also, what kind of chant was that, grandpa!? I know of the spell, [Holy Fist]. But I have never heard of such a chant for that!

The two grown men continue to clash for a while, having a conversation as they do that.

"It's nice to see you again, father-in-law. Can you please stop assaulting me, every time we see each other?"

"And why should I do that, you fuckboy? You stole my little Eve, eloped with her, and then come back, telling me that you're married with her. I won't forgive you for that, you bastard!!!"

"Eeeeenough!"

The fight between grandpa and daddy... The winner, is mummy, who knocked their heads so hard, they got slammed into the ground. Ending the fight, there and there.

"Dear, I let you bring your sword, only because you said you would use it for protection against my papa's attacks. Not for fighting against him!"

"S-Sorry, Evelyn..."

"And papa! I told you many times to stop swearing. Especially in front of my children!"

"Eh, what does it matter anyways? Children these days are fast learners, don't you know that?"

Grandpa then turns around and points at me.

"Granddaughter! Say 'fuck' right now!"

"FUCK!"

"And there you have it! She's been corrupted. You're welcome."

My father facepalms, my mother looks devastatingly disappointed, Sister Angelica and Sister Julia sighs like it's an everyday thing. But fortunately, Feylis did not hear anything, because of big brother covering her fox ears.

An hour or so has passed afterwards, having small chats here and there, until Sister Julia reminded grandpa of my baptism, which he had totally forgot that he was supposed to perform. So, I am now in a small prayer room, alone with grandpa, who is wearing some gaudy looking robes, which are for the occasion, apparently.

"Mercedes Lodengrimm, come forth and pray to the Gods, my child." said my grandfather, whose attitude and demeanor have completely changed when compared to earlier, and is now acting like an actual Pope of the church with a heavenly aura, shining from behind his back.

Doing as told, I walked forward and kneel in front of him, before the statues of the Gods, where I close my eyes and quietly pray to them. Not that I'm religious or anything. I am just following the script of the baptism.

Then, grandpa place one hand on my head, and begins reciting some phrases with the book in his other hand.

As I wait and wait until he is done, I finally hear him stop at open my eyes to look up at him.

However, I suddenly find myself in a strange white space. And what I see before my eyes is not my grandfather, but a strange, yet divine-looking man, floating in the air with his legs crossed, like he is sitting on a chair, which I cannot see.

"Who... Who are you...?" I asked the man in front of me, who I can only presume to be one of the Gods, revealing his presence to me.

"Save... them..."

Them?

"Who is 'them'?"

"Save... them..."

"Yeah, like I said. Who is 'them'?"

The man said nothing, however, and just disappears slowly like the mist.

Well, fuck you too, man!

...

"Mercedes! Mercedes! Open your eyes. Quick!"

"Huh? Grandpa?"

I find myself back in reality now. Seeing that my grandfather is here with me.

But for some reason, grandpa looks worried.

"Are you alright? Is your body feeling anything strange?

"Umm... no. Why?"

I look at him. Confused. That's when I decided to look at myself and find my entire body glowing...

..........

HOLY SHIT, MY BODY IS GLOWING!

"Umm... grandpa...? Is this part of the baptism?"

"No, it's not."

Then why the fuck am I glowing like a glow stick!?

"Ah. The glowing stopped."

What the heck was that all about? Why did I glow all of a sud-

Hold on... Was it because of that man!? Did he do that!?

Oh wait. I'm still in the middle of my baptism, aren't I?

I look up at my grandfather, who seems to be pondering about why I was glowing earlier. And after he had finished pondering, he realised that my baptism wasn't done yet and quickly resumed it.

My baptism was done after that. It was nothing special. As grandpa and I return to his room, where the family is waiting.

"We're done~!" I announced that as soon as I entered the room.

"Oh. Great job, sweetie."

"Now we can go back to our estate."

Yep, so let's head on bac-

"No... Not yet."

Eh?

My grandfather suddenly lifts me up single-handedly, and carries me over his shoulder like a baggage.

"Eve, you and your family shall go back to your home first. I have some unattended business, I need to do with my granddaughter."

"But, papa!"

"Don't worry. I'll make sure to bring her back to you safely."

Eh? Eh? EHHHHHH???

What the heck is going on!? Where are we going, grandpa!?

My grandfather takes me out of his room, as well as out of the church. Entering a carriage, which is somehow much more nicer than the one we own, where he tells the driver of the destination.

"To the hospital."

"The same one, Your Holiness?"

"Yes. The same one."

"Very well, sir."

Huh? Hospital?

"Why are we going to the hospital?"

Am I sick or something? Does it have something to do with me, glowing earlier?

My grandfather pats my head.

"Don't worry, Mercedes. You're not sick or anything. Grandpa just want to test something out at the hospital, and he needs your help to do that."

My help?

"What do you mean?"

Grandpa said nothing, however. Which means that I only have to wait, to figure out what he needs me to do at the hospital, as we ride quietly ride the carriage to our destination.

Thanks for reading!

Here's the chocolate as per usual. ?

And the meat for my one bear reader. ?

113