Chapter 29: Miracle Pt. 2
3.1k 11 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Saint Brave, the Gods' Avatar, the Living Miracle of the Gods.

They have many names compared to the other Braves.

According to history, the Kingdom of Ferashide was where the Saint was summoned at in the human territory, due to the country being a multi-racial nation that holds no prejudice against the others races of the world. Allowing the Saint to not be as discriminatory as possible.

Which is also why there are many statues of only the Saint Brave in the country. Whereas the countries of other races, would probably have the statues of only the other Braves, where they were summoned at.

From what I, and many others have learned about the Saint Brave, is that their holy magic is different from the usual holy magic users. Being that it can cure the sick and perform miracles, when others could not. Making them, the Saint.

Meaning that if I am the new Saint, which grandpa seems to think so, he has brought me here to cure the Black Death patients, to confirm his hypothesis.

......................................................

We continue walking down the hallway, passing many rooms that seems to hold lots of Black Death patients in there.

Just how many people were admitted 10 years ago? And since it was that long ago, these guys must be missing their families after not seeing them during their time in here...

"Doctor, why are going further in the ward? Aren't there patients in the other room as well?"

"Yes, but... the ones further in, are the ones who have no hope left and will die soon."

"I see..."

So we are going to help the most critical patients first, huh?

After passing a few more rooms, we've finally reached the end of the ward, where grandpa then stops and turns around to me.

"Well then, granddaughter. I guess I should explain to you why we're here. Though I think you can already guess, since you seem like a smart kid like the brat over here."

"I'll take that as a compliment, gramps."

"AHEM! Anyways, I'll get straight to the point. Mercedes, my granddaughter, I think you've become received the Gods' blessing during your baptism. In other words, it's possible that you're the Saint now."

Yeah... I've already guessed that...

But Doctor Julian on the other hand, was shocked by what grandpa had said, judging from the way his jaw has just dropped.

"The... Saint? Lady Mercedes is? Are you serious, gramps!?"

"Well yeah, I'm fucking serious. Why else would my granddaughter glow like an Illuminating Sabertooth during her baptism, huh!?"

"How should I know that!? I wasn't even there!"

Doctor Julian then turns to me, looking at me in disbelief that I'm the Saint, but seems to also be somewhat hopeful that I am.

"So the reason you've brought your granddaughter here, gramps, is that you want her to-"

"That's right! I want her to perform a miracle and save everyone here."

Grandpa moves to the door of one of the rooms and opens it slowly, showing me the patients inside.

It's horrifying... disgustingly horrifying.

Their bodies are covered in black patches everywhere, they are groaning in pain, coughing out blood onto their beds, as well as holding onto their stomachs tightly. Not even grandpa's [Area Healing] ease their suffering anymore.

I feel sick seeing this. 10 years. For the past 10 years, these people have to suffer on their hospital beds. With no contact with the outside world, with no freedom to move about. They are like birds, trapped in on large bird cage known as the Quarantine Ward. And I can only pity them for it.

No. If I'm really the Saint, then I can do more than pitying them.

"Grandpa, what should I do now?"

Grandpa smile, "So you've decided, huh, kid?"

"Yes. I want to save them, grandpa. If I'm the Saint like you think I am, then I can cure them, can't I?"

"Of course! That is... if my guess is correct. But don't blame me or yourself if you are not, alright?"

"Yes, sir!"

I put my hand out, focusing my mana onto them. Ready to chant for my own [Area Healing] when I remembered something.

"Oh yeah! By the way, grandpa. What kind of chant was that, when you used [Holy Fist] on daddy? I've never heard of it before."

"..."

"Umm... grandpa?"

"Kid, you were about to use your magic. Why did you suddenly stop and ask me that question!?"

"Eeh... umm... s-sorry... I was just curious..."

Grandpa sighs with a facepalm, shaking his head side to side.

"Why do kids have to be so curious about everything...?"

Well sorry, grandpa! I can't help but wonder, how the fuck did 'Repent, motherfucker' became a valid chant for the spell!?

He then looks up back to me, and proceeds to sate my curiosity.

"You see... I can use up to ten types of magic, and everyone of those spells have those stupid, long ass chants which I can't always remember. Especially when you're old like me. Remembering those shitty lines becomes much harder. So, I thought 'why not chant whatever the hell I want!?' and so I did. And what do you know? It worked! Brilliantly! So from then on, I've completely forgot about the chants for all of my spells, and just used my own chants instead."

"..."

"Does that answer your question, granddaughter?"

Yeah! Too much in fact! I mean, ain't that a complete breakthrough in the magic world!? Why didn't anyone thought about this in the past 2000 years!? And why didn't you tell it to anyone else, Your Holiness!?

I look back at Doctor Julian, who didn't seem to be shocked at this discovery. Do you even use magic, man? I'm guessing not, since he is a doctor after all. A man of science, not magic.

My question have been answered, my resolve to save the patients has come back once again. As I put out my hand and focus my mana onto it, I say my chant.

"yctvuibsbfvsejgnewsngvsoi,

bfuabfnaiofboabfnfwnfawn.

[Area Healing]."

Golden light particles emit from my hand, forming a circle that proceeds to heal every patient in the room, like the spell is intended for. But the result we're looking for wasn't that, it was see if my holy magic can cure the sick.

And it did.

The black patches on their bodies begin to disperse, returning their skin colour back to normal. Their groaning also stopped, no longer holding their bellies in pain and are no longer coughing out blood. They are now asleep, with a peaceful face. Some are even snoring out loudly.

Seems like it's safe to say that they are cured. And it's safe to say that I am the new Saint now...

"Grandpa! I did it, didn't I?"

"..."

"Grandpa?"

"What the fuck was that chant just now?"

"Eh? I just did... what you did, grandpa."

"I have never chanted something like that! What the fuck are you saying, granddaughter!?"

In order words... As long as you're chanting, the spell can be used. It doesn't have to be a specific chant.

Although, I should probably use chants that are understandable in the future. And not some alien language that makes no sense.

Afterwards, we went through every other rooms in the ward and cured all of the Black Death patients.

Well, I cured them. Grandpa and Doctor Julian just watched me do it, as I used a 'proper' chant unlike the first time.

..................................

"Whew~ We are done!"

Grandpa cheerfully shouted out loudly as we exited the Quarantine Ward.

"Yes, we are."

Doctor Julian agreed, then lowers his head down to me in gratitude.

"Thank you, Lady Mercedes, for saving all of those people! Or should I be calling you, 'Saint' Mercedes?"

"Ah, you're welcome, doctor."

Although, I'm not really that happy to be called 'Saint' and all...

*Clap* *Clap*

Hearing grandpa clapped behind me to gain my attention, I turn back to him hear what he has to say.

"Well then, Mercedes. Now that you're the Saint. Confirmed. I'm giving you two choices."

I'm listening...

"The first, is to announce that you're the Saint to the world, and have you join the church under my wing. Since you have performed a miracle and cured all the Black Death patients here.

The second, is to not announce that you're the Saint to the world, and send you back home to your usual life. Meaning that the truth of this event is to be kept a secret and must not be known to anyone except for the three of us.

So, which do you want, granddaughter?"

"The second option, please!"

"A quick response. Alright then, you heard the lady, right, brat? Keep this a secret or I'll slug you!"

"Well... if you say so, gramps... Sure. But what are you going say, when all of the Black Death patients here have been cured? We can't say that I did it, as it will cause severe consequences in the future. Also, I hate taking others' credit."

That's true... How are we going to explain that the Black Death patients, who have been here for 10 years, are now cured all of a sudden?

"Heh, that's simple. We'll just say it's the miracle of the Gods! Then no one will suspect it, since the people in this world are fucking dumb when comes to God."

Well, that's a big statement there, grandpa! Did you forget that you're the Pope!?

"I see... that's makes sense. Many people are idiots after all."

Doctor! Why are you agreeing with him!?

Two of them nodded, agreeing to the excuse that grandpa had proposed.

And so, grandpa and I say farewell to Doctor Julian as we leave the hospital and enter the carriage, where grandpa instruct the driver to send me home first.

On the next day, the event at the Sicaina General Hospital was announced to the public. The Black Death patients who were admitted there are cured all of a sudden. The church, AKA grandpa, states the 'reason' for it was the work of the Gods, with Doctor Julian, AKA the 'only other witness', backing the claim up.

That made it headline in the news for a week, where everyone in the country is talking about it.

All the while, I am laying lazily on my bed, reading a novel while fluffing Feylis's tail simultaneously. Keeping my identity as the Saint from my family, because if fewer people knows about it, the lesser the chance of my secret getting found out.

Thanks for reading. Here's the chocolate. ?

112