Chapter 32: A story about the past
1.9k 9 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Two thousand years ago. When the Abyssal Lord invaded our world along with his army of monsters, we summoned eight individuals from the world known as Earth to save ours from being destroyed. They, as you know, are the Eight Braves who would then vanquish the Abyssal Lord from existence."

"Hold on. Why are we starting topic from two thousand years ago? Is it even relevant?"

"It is."

Oh okay.

"Then umm, may I have more jasmine tea please?"

Upon requesting so, the God of Demons, Mister Balrog, flicks his finger and levitates the teapot over my cup, pouring more jasmine tea into the cup as I then take a sip from it.

Ahh~ What a refreshing taste.

"Continuing from where we left off." he said, refilling his cup as well. "After the Braves had successfully defeated the Abyssal Lord, things then change for worse."

"I'm guessing that's when the curse comes to play?"

"Yes. The Abyssal Lord, in his final moments, did one last move and split his soul into eight pieces, putting a powerful curse on the Braves with each piece as the catalyst."

Oh wow, what a monster. Even when he's about to die, the Abyssal Lord just had to go out with a bang, huh.

"As a result, each Brave received a different effect from the curse they have gotten. In addition to that, immortality was forced upon them, making them unable to end their sufferings through death."

I see. That... must've been tough, huh? Suffering for two thousand years because of some curse from the last boss. I can't imagine how much it must've hurt. But still...

"Then why didn't you guys dispel it? You guys are Gods. Couldn't any of you do it?"

As I asked them this, Fir, the God of Beastkins whose lap I'm sitting on, came close to my left ear and whispers, "If we could, we would have done it a long time ago already, sweetie." licking my ear after that, making me instinctively move my head away from her.

"Wha-What was that for?"

Fir makes a small chuckle, "Oh sorry there, cutie. I couldn't help but tease you a little, seeing you were just quietly sitting on my lap so adorably." she licked her lips seductively and gently lifts my head up, moving her face closer to mine.

"What a cute little face. How about it, Saint? Quit being human and become a beastkin instead."

"Umm, no thanks."

"Ara~ Are you sure? I'll treat you very well, if you agree. We can do a lot of good things together, you know."

"Ho~ And just what 'good things' are you talking about, Fir?"

The God of Beastkin flinches. Terrified and shivering, she looks to her left and sees Miss Aran standing over her with a bat in hand.

"Ah... aha ha ha ha ha... I-It's just a joke, Aran. I wasn't being serious, you know." said Fir.

Not buying her words however, Miss Aran simply raise the bat in the air and said, "Go reflect yourself in the Horny Realm, Fir."

*Bonk!*

And with that, the God of Beastkins disappeared. I then take her seat, feeling a certain warmth while Miss Aran returns to her own seat.

"Heh. Serves her right." said the God of Elves with a nasty smirk.

"*Ahem.* Anyways..." Mister Balrog called for my attention. "As what Fir had told you earlier, dispelling the Abyssal Lord's curse from the Braves is impossible for us Gods."

"Why?"

"The Abyssal Lord... he seemed to have taken us, Six Gods, into account when planting the curse. Putting a trigger for the curse to destroy the Braves' souls, should any one of us attempt to dispel it. We learnt that the hard way, when the curse nearly destroyed the Hero Brave's soul at that time."

"Oh... so, is that why you need me?"

"That is correct. The Saint Brave is only individual left who is able to dispel the Abyssal Lord's curse, without making the curse's defense mechanism activate unlike us. And so, we would like to request you, Saint, to dispel the curse on the Braves and save them."

So basically I'm their last hope. However, I still have some question.

"What about the Saint Brave Alyssa though?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"You know. The Saint Brave before me. The one who received the blessing from you guys before I did a few days ago. She's in the history books!"

"Oh, we know about that. It's just... I thought you have remembered who you are after your baptism."

I wasn't getting what he's talking about. But with a clear confusion on their face, every God, except for Fir who isn't here and Lobris who is asleep, shifted their eyes towards Barbaros who possess a confused look on his face as well.

"Barbaros, did you not give the Saint her former memories when you went to bless her during her baptism?"

"Errrrrrrrrr....... ah, I forgot." said the God of Humans.

Mister Balrog and Miss Aran heaved a loud sigh in disappointment, whereas Ralzalka grabbed Barbaros and shouted, "Dammit Barbaros! You had one job! One job, and you did not do it! What the fuck!?"

Barbaros then retorted, "Technically speaking, it was three. But yeah, I totally forgot about that one. Hehe~"

"Hehe, my ass!" Ralzalka yelled back. "Where is the Saint's memories then!?" she asked.

"Errrrrr...... I'm... not sure."

"Wha—!?"

"I think I lost it lol."

"Ba— You— Ho— Wha—!?"

"Whoa... Calm down, Ralzalka. You're speaking gibberish right now, sis."

Barbaros, seemingly calm as hell after messing something up, attempted to calm the big tiddy elf goddess down in a casual manner. But that seems to be the last straw that broke the camel's back, as veins can be seen popping out on the God of Elves' head instead, who yells at the top of her lungs, "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT I'M MAD, YOU COLOSSAL BUFFOON!!!"

Getting up from her seat in a complete rage, Ralzalka points to the other Gods at the table.

"You guys can explain the rest to the Saint. I'm out!"

And like that, God of Elves left the room via a dimensional portal to another realm. As I watch the portal close afterwards, I wondered, "What the fuck just happened?"

"Ralzalka rage quit, that's what happened."

"Shut it, Barbaros."

Mister Balrog cleared his throat, calling for my attention.

"I'll explain." he said, and points his finger at me.

"Mercedes Lodengrimm. You are the Saint Brave Alyssa."

"Huh? What?"

"I said.... You. Are. Alyssa."

"No I'm not. I'm just a filthy degenerate who used to draw anime tiddies before reincarnating here."

"Yes. And before that, you were Alyssa Lufer, the Saint Brave who was summoned from Earth two thousand years ago. You don't remember it because you died in the final battle, and reincarnated back on Earth to be the 'filthy degenerate' you called yourself earlier."

"What? How!?"

"It's because you're the Saint; the healer of the party. And for that reason, you were the Abyssal Lord's main target during the entirety of that fight. Hence, the only Brave who died and was not cursed by the Abyssal Lord was you, the Saint. Which is also why we were searching everywhere on Earth for you; to bring you back here. And by the time we found you, two thousand years had already passed on Lavada."

Oh... oooh... okay...

"So why did you introduced yourself to me then?" I asked them, being very confused at the situation as it would not make any sense for them to do so.

"Let me ask you this instead, Saint..." said Miss Aran. "How common do you think it is, for a mortal to meet a god?"

"Well, not very common I presume. Heck, it might as well be ne—ver..... Oh."

I think I get it now.

"This is the first time we're meeting, ain't it?"

"Yes..... Asides from Barbaros who only introduced himself as 'God' the first time, this very meeting is the first official meeting with the Saint. Hence, the introduction."

And the first official meeting did not go according to plan, huh? Somehow, the atmosphere in the room has now become awkward because of it.

"..."

Then all of a sudden, Lobris, the God of Dwarves, woke up.

"Sorry guys, I fell asleep— Huh? Hey, why the atmosphere here so gloomy? Did something happened? Where's Fir and Ralzalka?"

Bruh.

Thanks for reading. Here are three chocolates this time. ???

And some meat, should a certain bear ever appears. ???

78