Chapter 38: Promise
3.8k 15 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back in my room, I lay the unconscious Feylis onto my bed and sat next to her.

"Now then... uhhh..."

I then looked to my left where my pillows are, as I wonder, "Why is there a chicken sleeping on my bed?"

*Ba-cawk!* the chicken woke up, as it screeched at me. "Ah finally, you're here." it then said to me.

Wait...

"THE CHICKEN IS TALKING!?"

"Well of course I am, Mercedes. I'm no ordinary chicken after all... I am Barbaros, the God of Humans! But you, my friend, may address me as The Divine Cock of The Gods."

"Uhhh... what?"

The chicken is claiming to be the God of Humans... I must dreaming, ain't I? Yes, that must be it. I am currently in a dream. Probably unconscious right now after crashing into Feylis when Grandpa threw me. Which meant that the things that happened after that probably did not happen... Which also means that the Feylis here right now is fake, right?

"Girl, I can assure you, you're not dreaming. This is reality, and your fox sister is real."

"Did you just read my fucking thoughts!?"

"Of course I did. I'm a God, you know. Reading minds is but a simple thing for us."

Oh... right.... right.....

I then took a deep breath in and asked him.

"Why are you a chicken?"

"It's my medium. I can't exactly just descend down here now, can I? That will cause a lot of problems if it happens."

Oh... Oh... yeah... Got it. But still....

"Your medium is a chicken?"

"Pretty cool, eh? It's a divine beast which I have just created. With it by your side, I can contact you whenever I want."

And possibly peek on me when I change, right?

"Hahahaha! Yeah... I'll do that when you're older."

What the—

"Stop reading my mind, goddammit!"

I took another deep breath and sighed, casually approaching the chicken which Barbaros is possessing and picked it up.

"So I'm supposed to keep this as a pet, huh... What type of seeds does it eat?"

"Oh, just feed it a bit of your mana once everyday. It's divine beast after all. It's not your average chicken you'd see around here."

Damn... that sounds like a lot of responsibilities already. Can't I just eat it? Pretty sure it would taste a hundred times more delicious than your average chicken.

"Hey, hey, hey! No eating it! Do that and I'll punish you!"

"Can you though? I thought I was your only hope left."

"I said I'll punish you, not kill you. For example, should you ever eat Rufus, I'll make it so that you will feel pain whenever you fluff that fox sister of yours behind you."

What!? NO! Anything but that! I'd rather die than not being able to fluff Feylis!

"...Fine. I'll make sure not to eat it..."

I gritted my teeth in defeat, promising this asshole God that I will keep his stupid chicken as a pet.

Also, the chicken's name is Rufus? Damn... guess I can't call it KFC now.

"Haha, very funny. Yeah no, his name is Rufus, and it looks like your fox sister is about to wake up so I'm gonna leave now. Gonna start watching One Piece now... Bye~!"

And just like that, Barbaros returned to his godly realm, leaving me with a damn chicken as it flapped its wings and proceeded to fly around my room, before it phased through the window and went outside.

"Huh, this place is..."

Waking up from her unconscious state, the first thing Feylis recognise was the room she is in, as she then slowly turns her head to face me.

"Yo Feylis. Is your head alright?"

As I asked her that, Feylis stared blankly at me for a moment before her ears and tail stood up whereas her face turned bright red.

"E-Earlier, I... Me and Elder sister... we... we k-k-kissed, didn't we?" she asked, where I can see steam puffing out from her ears.

"Kiss? What ever could you mean, Feylis?" I tilted my head, pretending to be clueless with a still smile.

"Eh?"

Feylis looked confused at me, her body staying completely still as she tries to process her thoughts.

"D-Didn't we kissed, Elder sister?"

"We did not. From the moment we crashed into each other, you were already knocked out cold on the ground. And since it wasn't good to leave you lying there, I brought you here to my room because yours was destroyed by Daddy and Grandpa."

"T-Then, the kiss..."

"...Was probably something that happened in your dream, Feylis."

Feylis's jaw dropped, as she then covered her face, most likely embarrassed by the thought that she has misunderstood her dream as reality, whereas I turned away from her for a moment and silently struck a victory pose for my success in convincing her with my lie.

But I'm not stopping there as seeing Feylis being so cute while she's embarrassed, makes me want to tease her for a bit. So I approached her and pushed her down onto my bed.

"Feylis... so you were dreaming of kissing me, huh?"

"Ah, no... I..."

I move in closer, up to her face. Then, I whispered, "If you want to, how about we do it for real?"

"Ah... I... I... I..."

Hearing what I said, Feylis begins stuttering her words as my lips slowly moving closer to hers.

Right before our lips actually touch, however, I stopped, believing that should be enough teasing. But just right then, Feylis shouted, "I'm sorry, but I do not wish to become a mother so soon!"

"Pfft.... Hahahahhahahahah!"

I laughed out loudly, holding my stomach, because my goodness her reaction is so cute!

"I was just joking, Feylis."

"Huh, joking...?"

"Of course. We're only eight years old, you know. It's a little early for that now, ain't it?"

"Eh... ah... oh...."

Feylis looked down embarrassed as steam comes out of her head again.

Aww... what a cute little fox you are. But anyways, I should really ask her about that now.

So, I placed both hands on her shoulders, looked at her seriously, and asked, "Feylis, I want to ask, how much of the conversation between me and Grandpa did you overhear?"

Seeing the seriousness in my eyes, Feylis looked away for a moment and sheepishly answered, "How much, umm... T-The fact that Elder sister is the Saint Brave."

"Yeah, that I already know. But anything else?"

"Umm... yes.... Something about the Big Bad Lord being alive?"

So she heard everything, huh... Dammit..... Guess there's no other choice then.

"Feylis, I want you to promise me that you will not tell anyone about this."

"Not even Mom and Dad?"

"Not even Mummy and Daddy, yes. Not even Big brother as well, nor the servants of our house. I want what you hear to be kept a secret, do you understand?"

"But why?"

"Because it would cause a lot of problems if more people knows. When that happens, I may no longer be able to give you head pets or fluff you anymore."

As soon as I said that, Feylis's expression turned into shock.

"I don't want that!" she said. "I want Elder sister to touch me more! I want Elder sister to fluff me more..."

"Then will you keep it a secret?"

"Yes, I will."

"Promise?"

"Promise!"

With that, we pinky promised, as I then proceeded to fluff Feylis's tail knowing that the matter has been resolved. And while I was fluffing Feylis's tail, the door to my room opens as my mother walks in.

"Ara Ara, you two really get along well, huh." she said, as I stopped for a moment and looked at her.

"Need something, Mummy?"

"Oh, it's nothing really, sweetie. I just wanted to tell you two that we will be having a different meal for lunch today."

"What are we having then?"

"Roasted chicken. I found one just roaming around the garden, so I caught it. The chefs should be cooking it about right now, mixed with some herbs."

Wait what? Did she just say chicken?

"Anyways, I'm going to check on your father now. See you later, sweetie~!"

My mother then closed the door, while I'm over here on my bed, panicking a lot as my body then suddenly felt sharp pain on my back, like a knife piercing through it.

"Arrrggggghhhh!!!" I screamed in agony and let go of Feylis's tail, which stopped the pain. However, worried for me, Feylis approached and touched me, causing the pain to appear again.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

It hurts, it hurts, it hurts!

"Elder sister, what's wrong!?"

"CURSE YOU, BARBAROS!!!"

Because of that asshole God's punishment, I was unable to touch Feylis for who knows how long. Once I explained that to Feylis, she understood and stood clear of me so that I won't feel the pain. But knowing that I can't fluff her now, her face made a sad expression which hurts more than the pain from the punishment.

Fortunately though, the punishment only lasted for the rest of the day, and when I realised that, I aggressively fluffed Feylis non-stop to make up for the fluff time which I have lost.

And on the next day, Barbaros sent me another chicken named Rufus II.

...It got eaten as well.

Thanks for reading, guys. ?

Note: I'm gonna take a temporary pause here to finish writing the Alisha Side Story first, before continuing on the main plot.

Bye~

72