Turbulent Skies
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Turbulent skies thundered and poured down upon us as as the rain drops smashed themselves into a brief twinkle of light as it greeted the smooth stone plateau. The chill of the water seeping deep into my muscle and bone while obstructing my sight. Dancing among the storm with me was another, their well tone body revealed as their clothes stick to them like a second skin. Brief flashes of light flutter across the plateau as the resume our dance, weaving around each other while also flinging out attempts to maim and kill. Their iron fists against my tearing claws, all sense of self washes away as we both fall into a type of rhythm of jab, sweep, duck, parry, grab, twist.

I watch, almost as a spectator, my cold clawed fingers reach out and grip towards my opponents shoulder leaving 4 shallow tears in cloth and flesh that sizzle with the same electric power my claws are made of. The blood instantly cauterized and then dampened by the rain. With cold detachment I watch their silver covered fist pound against my wrist with a dull crack as it is at least temporarily maimed. A spin and claw and fist meet air yet again, a slide and legs cut through the air like scythes.

Sense of time fades away and yet our bodies do not slow, fatigue seemingly just a distant concept at this point. My claw manages to land a strike across their face and latches onto the orbital socket, a faint popping feeling greets my digits as I watch the electric light discharge from my fingers. With the brief pulse of success comes swift retribution as I feel something thrust its way through my side. Swift steps and well placed kicks push us apart from each other, a pounding of blood starts to fill my head. The dangling of flesh from my side sending pulses of pain through my body, I was sure from the look on my partners face they felt the same from their eye.

Yet we did not stop, with every clap of thunder and every flash of lightning, with what seemed like every single drop of rain we moved and struck against the other. The smell of blood mingling with the fresh smell of rain that was trying to wash it away. The throbs of pain fuelling every movement as we strove against the other for we no longer know what. Battered and bleeding we stood breathless in the rain, our spells faded with no energy to fuel them, turning our fight almost child like. Finally dragging our now monstrous forms towards each other, unstoppable machines we continued.

The storm died down and faded, the thunder and lightning long gone with only a faint wind the the smallest patter of rain upon us. We stand tall and proud, gazing at each other not with respect but admiration, together we collapse to the smooth stone ground of the plateau arena. The final thing to grace our eyes the sheer determination we had, and the unwillingness to continue like this.

The cheers of the crowd still echoing in my ears.

0