Onyx
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking stilted steps I slowly walked down the path, the shade from the trees hiding the expression on my face. Dishevelled and torn clothes giving indication as to why I walked as I did, each stepped carefully but steadily placed in front of the other. Each time another set of steps is heard, a quick slip into the nearby trees for shelter while waiting for the sound to fade. Eventually coming to the familiar courtyard, its reaching creepers covering the walls, the old willow taking up half the entrance. Brushing past the hanging branches sharp pangs of pain grasp at me with flashes of the green light and crystals driving through my mind before I swiftly shut them out. Making my way around the dried up pool and over to the dusty building I finally let out a sigh of relief at making it through another day. Sitting down on the small chair placed facing the courtyard I finally let the tired waves of pain start to seep out. Focusing into myself I feel the new alien power that sits turbid, crawling through my body like a heavy oil atop my blood. I can easily imagine the crazed faces from the crystals being imprinted within this viscous like energy creeping inside of me, the same oily green light casting them into demonic depictions. Ignoring the pain I drag my will throughout, casting it like a net over the foreign power I feel and attempt to have it buckle under my control. Ponderously I feel my mind push at it, ever so slowly I feel the pain disappear as elation thinly starts to take hold. Like a babies first steps the energy starts to move as I will it, contracting into the centre point of my chest. What once was a thin oily feeling now like a heavy stone that weighed upon my heart and lungs. Struggling to breath a trace of panic loosens the control, but it does not spread out anymore, instead a heavier pressing feeling overtakes me. Only the sound of my laboured breathing could be heard, my vision going dark at the corners. A dull ache now radiates out from my chest resonating with the earlier stabs from the crystals. Bdmp, bdmp, bdbdmp, bdb, bdmp, dmp, dmp, mp. All goes black as I feel my breath stop with my heart. Endless inky onyx, nothing but a sole black that covered all around. Buried within the fathomless dark a faint life pulsed. One unseen but felt, neither warm nor cold it stood alone from the empty cold dark, feeling subaqueous. It pulsed with a unique thump that seemed to mirror the black around it, keeping it at bay but within a tight grip. I felt my very soul quiver when I came to the realisation that I was I, I had a concept of self and person back as I watched this thing grasp the dark and kept it at a distances from itself. This black that surrounded and seemed to provide alimentation to me as it seeped into the very essence of what I am, or what I was. I felt myself fluctuate, diminish and yet also evolve with every beat of the black and thing in front of me pushed more of the surroundings into me. I know not what I will become, if I will stay the same or somehow diverge from what I was. I felt it percolating, infinitely similar to the way that time can change someone, maybe this was my own interpretation of time. I can only hope that my body is the black slowly being changed by the passage of time while the faint life is my ideal and base self. I feel like I am escaping reality to avoid what I truly was in and was faced with, yet it brought with it a sense of peace. I may change by time and what surrounds me but I shall essentially remain the same, I will not break, I refuse to break.

0