Mass at Sea
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roaring waves crashed against the dark mass protruding from the depths, its ominous presence merging near perfectly with ocean. Twisting down beyond sight, distorted limbs that are constantly buffeted by the raging ocean. Unmoving, not phased by all that happened around it, it stood as sentry to all around. Silent as a dream a small boat rode upon the ocean near unnoticed, its own colours complimenting the water around as it drifted closer as if it was on still water. Barely visible heads peaking over the top of salt wind burnished metal rails. Long hair whipping about in the wind, coloured black under the dim clouded grey light. Bright piercing eyes gazed upon the hulking wonder within the water as it the person was driven ever closer. A speck against the dark mass I could finally gaze upon what it really was.

 

A gigantic creature, its head long gone, legs hidden below the waves as its body bowed forward, arms hanging into the water. The faint light from the cloud covered skin gave a dim sheen to the wet corpse. Hairless it seemed or else the hair hand fallen away from years of been battered by wind and rain, smooth muscles were easily visible. No rot, no corruption was to be seen upon the carcass. It could easily be mistaken for a stone statue for those who did not know who it used to be.

 

Anticipation and a healthy dose of fear rested within as my vessel carried me ever closer to the nearest limb. The captain voice a distant drone in my ear is he expounded upon what he considered to be a marvel of nature to shape stone like this. Placing down a bag with a audible clink despite the roaring waves I bid him farewell and draw my blade. Noticing out of the corner of my eye a flash of terror take over the captains face I fling my blade out towards the imposing arm dangling down nearby and with a flash I appear again at the blade, grasping its hilt. With another two throws and flashes I manage to appear right next to the arm before eve falling into the water.

 

Gazing upon the arm, now just a few meters in front of me I drag my body through the water and reach out to start my climb up. Like an ant to this creature I used its pores as hand and foot holds slow making my way, carefully planning out each step and solidly grasping each hole. After what felt like days I finally reach the top of the torso and was able to gaze upon the remains of the head and neck. A twisted and distorted mass of flesh that had taken on the same colour as the skin surrounding it. Squished flattened into a near solid mass. Just barely seen within the mass of twisted and hanging flesh a tiny black hole could be seen, after managing to twist and squeeze my way up and through the flesh I slide myself into the darkness that greets me and begin to fall deep into the remains.

0