Parlour
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cherry wood furniture littered across the parlour, displayed in a haphazard and intentional manor that drew focus to the centre. Reclining with a rarely seen equanimity and confidence she dominated the room. Displaying herself in a way that brooked no argument that she was in control of all those who entered her territory. Indeed that is the way upon which it felt as when I placed my foot across the entrance way and fully emerged into the room it felt like walking towards the jaws of a monstrous creature. Glances around the parlour showed that not only I felt this way. Mask like faces betrayed by cowardly eyes, false confidence displayed by all but her. The ridiculing gaze so casually tossed my way drew a craven smile across my face. Hide not shall I while within the presence if this person as I saw her not at all convinced by those false fronts given. Gathering whatever fragmented courage I had inside my quivering form I delved deeper into the warm and beckoning mouth of a room. Claiming an ottoman for myself I perused the nearby credenzas for the types of sustenance that was being provided. Striving to ignore the pressure radiating out from the centre of the room.

 

Distracting myself with whatever lay within reach of nearby eyesight another personage alighted within the room. Discommoding the previous arrivals the new woman fell upon the room like a storm. Her boisterous manner sweeping away the terrified air that had strained everyone while she glided towards the hostess with nary a fear. In near morbid amazement everyone gazed at her watching and waiting for the teeth of the hostess to clap shut and snuff her blazing light. But aberrations held sway as instead her blazing presence was taken and welcomed like a fire dancing within its hearth.

 

Surprise turns the caitiff looks to scheming, Machiavellian desire. Those with self serving purpose beaten by their initial fear let their desires start to bloom within the chest. Even I felt the pulls as I watched the spectacle laid before me, promptly stomped by the previous gaze received. With a calm that I have long since started to take as second nature I resettle myself upon the ottoman and keep my back straight. With calmer eyes and less fear within I view the twisting emotions that start to fill the room. Reaching out from the calm centre, a boisterous storm of joy, sycophantic smiles, conflicted desires, and cabalistic avarice.

 

The social butterfly dance of greed by those who have and those who desire permeated for a sickening long period of time. Long enough that I drifted from ottoman to recliner to chaise, avoiding when possible gatherings of lacklustre individuals. Those who gave of vibes which I find both unsavoury and troublesome to be near. Yet with every flutter from on place of rest to another I stayed within the outer edges of the blend of the self important. My desire to stay apart if watched by others clear to all to see, but who would pay attention to one such as I?

0