Endless Plains
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Endless. It extended beyond the reach of eyesight like a sea of red flowers. Grasping hands, twisted limbs, grimaced faces. Strewn across the torn land the sky mimicked the land and dyed itself in mourning. Each step brought a wet squelching and threatened to drag those who stepped upon this land down within it. Screams still echoing across the plains to forever reside with those they reaped and who reaped them. The wind filled with loathing and anger ripped across the ground sending up splashes of blood and limbs tumbling into grotesque piles of death. The blood pooling in the troughs rent into the ground a breeding ground for ghastly insects send images of screaming faces to all who pass.

Amid these horrid piles of limbs and gore I lie within. Refusing to die but feeling the cold icey fingers grasping at my mind, beckoning to me. Still clear in my mind the cold flash of light that sundered my feeble protective item, one that was given to all school members. Familiar faces are piled on and under me, those who like me were forced into this massacre land. Those I consider acquaintances and those who sought to bar my path and beat me down as they strived to feel better about their own lowly position. Gone now are their gasps, their breaths faded and joined with the screeching wind as it pushes more remains into this pile that I have joined.

With no strength left within my broken limbs to even struggle with near blank eyes I watch as the sun abandons the sky and the moon ascends to its throne. The dregs of energy that was forced into my body by the crystals swivels in its last dance as the beasts of the nights start to claim this blood soaked land. Ambitions now gone, ashes only remain, the thousand eye god stares down from above and I start to give my last mortal gasp. My stubborn flame of life flickers and wanes as I use what strength I can to push the last of the crystal energy to keep my blood flowing. I refuse to give up and be beaten down as I have been, to hide and scuttle through the world as I have been forced to.

Doing what I can to take sustenance from around me I drink from the mixed dirty blood and when able slowly chew upon the viscera that is with reach of my mouth. Like one of the many beasts that haunt the night I tear away at the familiar bodies around me. Time loses meaning as the flicker of strength left within me is slowly reinforced. My limbs still broken I cannot move from my place within the pile but I can slowly clear the area around my face. The blood dries up, the limbs turn hard and the howls and screeches slowly creep closer.

Night passes and the day begins again, the stench of death pollutes the air as I yet again strive to take what sustenance I can. Days and night pass in a horrid dream of reds and black, screaming and howling filling the air no matter the time. After I know not how long I was eventually able to move with the smallest twitching of my limbs, the searing pain keeping me focused as my senses slowly returned. More days passed and my wrecked limbs could finally reach out and drag more remains closer to feed upon. I lived I know not how long as a ghoulish existence subsisting on the remains of comrades and enemies alike. When I was finally able to hobble out of the pile I hid at night from what ever might stalk the night and scrambled deeper into the plains where the most ferocious fighting was. The plains turn to hills, carved out of the plains by desperate strikes, the corpses grow less frequent but other creatures are also further away.

Stronger individuals perished here easily seen by their more lavish clothes and the shattered fragments of weapons still sending out waves of power. It is here that I found it, the item that has aided me the most in my rise, and also near cursed me into an existence more horrid than the most despised beggar.

0