Shipfu Teaser Chapter: Kuronami and Delight
15.4k 18 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in the Pacific.

“All units prepare to attack.” Emotionless, almost machine voice gave command to a group of destroyers.

4 destroyers of Sakura Empire with 1 Leader in front were closing in on Eagle Union convoy.

Leading ship turned to port side and the others followed its maneuver.

“Enemy remains unaware of us. Continuing approach.”

“They are going to notice us!” One of destroyers voiced her concern.

“Wait until we strike.” Leader cut off her panic.

[I can see their escort, one heavy cruiser.]

“Command, this is Kuronami, their escort is one heavy cruiser. Permission to engage it first?”

“Do it”

“Torpedoes in the water. Fired all. On my mark launch torpedoes at their convoy.”

Others always said that moments before the fight, your heart starts to beat faster, that you feel the surge of adrenaline. She could never understand them. Why would you feel excited about fighting? You just do your duty, and sometimes give away your life.

“Launch.”

All destroyers launched their torpedoes at enemy transport ships. 10 seconds later Union`s cruiser got hit with 4 24 inch torpedoes, followed by barrage of Kuronami`s gunfire.

She did not feel excited about victory. Neither she was excited to find out that convoy was sunk in record time. What excited her was the time to rest.

[It is time. I can rest from the war.]


Somewhere in the North Sea.

“The Blue team should be close.” Royal Navy destroyer reported to the cruiser which followed her.

“Wonderful, I expected as much from them. Have the other Reds taken their position?”

“Yes, ma`am.”

“Then we will follow the plan” Said the cruiser while deploying a smoke screen.

She throttled up to her full speed. All guns were loaded and ready.

4 ships under blue flags appeared on the horizon. They were on guard. Two battleships and 2 destroyers.

When they were crossing an opening between two small islands they were attacked.

Thunderous roar of main guns firing resounded through the area. And was followed by fast approaching cruiser.

“The Reds are he…” Battleship was hit by two rounds.

“Maneuver to starboard! Delight on approach!” Other battleship shouted.

“Torpedoes in the water.” Said a charming and sweet voice, followed by 3 direct hits below the battleship`s waterline.

[Two down. Two more to go.] Thought Delight while rapidly turning her rudder.

One destroyer`s torpedoes slipped meters away from her port side.

“Damn!” Destroyer was surely not happy, especially after taking full broadside of Delight`s secondary guns.

“Greetings, good lady.” Charming smile of this beautiful lady was like that of a cat, which caught a big mouse.

“Gre..e..ting…s…”

BANG

All 8 guns fired in unison raising pillars of water.

“That is… is too scary… lady Delight…” Poor girl responded with hiccups.

“Your Majesty, the Blue team was sunk.” Said Warspite through comms.

“Should we return, or perhaps we could continue our walk?”

“Yes, lady Delight.” Responded all other participants of the exercise.

172