Ch 2. Lucky me
9k 13 155
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night I met in the forest, once again.

I travelled down the path for some time but had no success in finding anyone. What I managed to find was a campsite. It was abandoned less than an hour ago.

[They put the fire out. It doesn`t look like there were more than two. Likely that they were prepared for a short travel.]

It would be better to rest near the campsite. At least I`ll have a way to spot enemies before they can attack me.

I lit up some wood with foxfire and prepared to rest. With this little light I was able to see up to the edge of the clearing. I wasn`t tired or sleepy. Guess I`ll sleep during the day. Right now I am in a very dangerous place without any way to save myself.

[I hear something. Steps are approaching. No idea what they are…]

I prepared both my main gun and naginata. If I can`t hit anything with it then I`ll use it to keep enemies away from my body.

The enemies showed up. Two goblins armed with clubs.

[They have no armor. If I manage to hit them – they are dead.]

They screamed and rushed towards me.

'Bang'

It was supposed to be loud, but it is not. Also, the shot missed its target. It was not even close.

I am left alone with my melee skills.

I tried thrusting with my blade but missed.

Both goblins approached me with crazy laughter. They were sure that I am as good as dead.

Pum Pum

Two knocks were heard. Looks like I am truly made of metal.

Both of those pests were surprised.

[They have no chances… Their bodies look quite weak. If I hit them even with the naginata`s pole they will be crippled.]

However, it is easier said than done.

It took me a couple of tries before I managed to cut one of them with a wide sweep of the blade.

I slowed it down but it was far from being lethal.

[They might be only scouts. If I let them go, I might as well just kill myself here.]

Another attack managed to hurt the second goblin. I can feel how my skills have improved.

They try to flee but little do they know about what awaits them in the darkness. I don`t need as much light as a normal human. And I can create light for myself by using the foxfire.

‘Gaaaah’ screamed a green abomination after being hit with foxfire. Those little balls of blue fire are not too threatening for a big opponent. For a little one they can be deadly.

[They are not resistant against fire. Yet they don`t ignite that easily. I should remember that.]

I lost sight of the campfire. I will need to eliminate them at all costs. The traces of the trail can be found. Second chances – cannot.

Another glancing hit of my blade. The goblin fell down and is now crouching towards its friend.

Ugh’ A sigh was its final noise as I nailed it down. The naginata pierced through its back all the way to the pole.

I feel a surge of bloodlust. The other goblin pissed itself in fear. All that it could see is me, slowly approaching with my blade aimed at it.

Guah

I pierced its chest yet it was still alive.

[This part of it should be considered as not vital.]

It slipped from the blade and fell down on the ground.

I started to research it.

[Legs are not vital as well? It almost doesn`t bleed.]

Its screams were heard kilometers away.

[This is getting boring.]

Thought I, and cut it in half after I was done with my curiosity.

Ding

You received 4 copper coins.

You received starter pack for carriers.

“Open it”

You received 1 group of A1N fighters.

I checked what I received and was somewhat happy. Even though those are just biplanes, they already have 2 machine guns and can carry 60 kg of bombs. However, something tells me that they won`t deal any damage.

On my flight deck there are 4 little biplanes. Their little engines started coughing and after a few seconds their wooden propellers started spinning.

They are light enough to be operated from my flight deck without catapults or arresting wires. In theory at least.

“Take off!”

After hearing my command, one by one they started accelerating.

A few moments after taking off they became bigger. Now they have their real size.

For now I sent them to patrol above the forest hoping that I will find something useful.

I was looking around from the flight leader`s perspective. I didn`t find anything of interest but I confirmed that the path I was walking indeed leads out of the forest. Actually, I was less than an hour away from its edge.

Also I easily found my way back to the campsite. I have no regrets that I am an aircraft carrier.

On my way back I almost ran into a huge band of goblins. Lucky me, I avoided them and sneaked around when they were looking at my planes flying by.

[Is my luck stat super high? Because some things that should have been fatal to me were not.]

I arrived back at the campsite safely and nobody followed me. Now all that is left for me, is to land my fighters.

Oh F*! Watch out you fools!

They almost crashed into each other, they missed only by a few centimeters!

I should start praying that my luck will always be high!


The rest of the night I survived without incidents.

And at the dawn I stood up, grabbed my naginata and launched one fighter to search from above.

I am ready to go.

155