Ch 5. The first thing to do after reincarnation in a fantasy world
6.5k 19 122
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I spent 3 more days resting.

Elina and Albert, that bastard who called me ‘child’, took care of me.

They were part of the adventurers group ‘Rogues’. Half of which I saw killed by ‘demon hounds’ back then.

“Have you seen what happened to them?” Elina became very talkative when we touched that subject.

“I saw their remainings…” I decided not to tell them the truth. I doubt they will like me saying that I was watching them being killed.

“You are really lucky to survive. On our way back we too were attacked.”

“You too? What are you talking about?

“Weren`t you attacked by a hound?”

Yes.

“You are quite a warrior yourself! You killed a demon with just a spear.” Albert was excited. Little did he know that the naginata did most of the job…

“I get where this is going. I will think about it.”

[I should spend my time to observe the locals. What is more important, I won`t be fighting alone.]

“Will you join us?”

“You overestimate me. Are you sure?”

“Yes, little fox. We already talked about it. You are really strong, both physically and mentally.”

I grit my teeth while thinking. There are a lot of disadvantages for me. For now I decided to open the ‘Details’.

Ding.’

You received 1 upgrade point, 1 silver coin, 1 B1M torpedo bombers group.’

[Great, more attack power. I must spend the upgrade into AV.]

Now my aircraft deal 1% of their actual damage. How exciting. Well, it is actually. They now at least deal some damage.

B1M Torpedo bomber carries 1x 18 inch torpedo or 2x 240 kg bombs. Even 2.4 kg of explosives can deal a lot of damage. If they can hit something.

“You still don`t like talking to us?”

“Should I?”

Well… we did nothing bad to you.”

I am surprised. Either they are two idiots, or they are too naïve.

“Fine. Fuji, Fuji from the Sakura Empire.”

“That`s a funny name.” Albert was amused. Good for him. One more reason to burn him…

Whack

Mind your manners.” At least Elina is on my side.

“So, Fuji, will you join our party?”

“I don`t promise that. I will only give it a try. Don`t expect something extraordinary.”

Something tells me that I am about to do the main cliché of fantasy novels…


Yes, I am about to register as an adventurer.

In front of me is a big three-story building. Its first floor is made of stone and the others are wooden. It looks like this world`s architecture is mostly wooden.

When I entered the guild`s hall I saw a somewhat expected sight. A lot of armed people are eating, a lot of people are standing by the back wall in lines, and some people crowded near a board. Is that the place where they choose their quests?

For now I decided to head towards a registry.

As I expected a huge guy stood in my way.

[A halberd? An interesting choice of weaponry.]

“Where are ya going, sweetie? Have ya lost ya parents? Come with uncle, I`ll feed ya.”

I was not interested in IT, so I tried ignoring IT.

“Tis place ain`t for li`l gals.”

[If I cut IT in half, will the others be surprised?]

Stop that, you pedophile.

[I wonder whom I should kill first?]

Albert stood between me and IT. What a perfect chance. Should I really let it slip away?

While the two idiots were arguing I went to the registry.

“What do you require?” A clerk asked me with a bit of suspicion.

“I am here to register as an adventurer.”

“Aren`t you too yo…”

“I. Am. Here. To. Register.” My words were supported with two foxfires and the naginata`s blade. I am irresistible.

Please, follow me…” He was somewhat impressed but not convinced yet.

As I suspected, we entered some sort of a training ground.

“Please, wait here. The instructor will arrive soon.” Said clerk and returned back into the building.

The great waiting begins.


I was sorting out my munitions, the aircraft groups and their patrol schedules. Well, I am a carrier after all. Soon enough I will need to go outside. When the instructor arrived I had to stop whatever I was doing and concentrate on him.

“So, kid, you are the one who wants to join the guild?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Mage or warrior?”

“Want to find out?” Said I. The naginata is polished and ready. I really had nothing to do while waiting.

The instructor looked at me with pity.

Don`t say anything…” I am already angry with that ‘kid’ thing. Don`t test your luck…

[Should I perform a rapid attack or wait patiently in defense?]

I ran towards the enemy before he could prepare himself.

I got kicked right in my belly. As I was squirming, he knocked me down and thrust his sword towards my neck.

[Nice try.]

With the back side of the naginata`s blade I managed to hit his legs and knock him off. I decided to take the initiative. I swung the blade at him. Either he survives, or I cut him in half.

I actually managed to hit him and lightly wound him before he deflected the blade away.

Fine, you passed.” Said the instructor, while pressing the wound.

Now all that I have to do is to get my adventurer`s tag?

“Here is your tag. You`ve been assigned rank G. Do you need an explanation of the rules?”

“No, the ‘Rogues’ will teach me.”

“I heard they lost two men. So they recruit the newbies?

“Care to test how new I am?”

A pleasure doing business with you.” The clerk stopped this conversation before I could do something bad.

122