Ch 8. When a fox just wants to fool around.
5.2k 22 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I finished my private business I reunited with Elina and Albert.

“So… the duke?”

“He is the second most influential person in the kingdom, right after the monarch himself.” (E)

“Why would he do something like that?” I still don`t get it.

“This is not his land, perhaps the landowners got into another feud? His lands border this area.” (E)

“Elina, you surely know a lot about it.

[Su-spi-ci-ous.]

“C-come on! We always need to know what nobles are doing! If something goes bad we will be the first to suffer!”

There were lots of excuses and useless chatter, so I decided to check the ‘Details’

Ding

You received 12 silver coins, 1 level point, Type 99 Secondary gun, 10 upgrade points.

That`s a lot…

I invested all upgrade points.

IJN Fuji – CV. Level 1/7. (Upgrade cap 40)

FP – 4/100

AA – 1/100

AV – 3/100

RD – 1/100

AC – 3/100

Weapon systems  
Main Gun Type 99 Rifle
Secondary Guns 1 Type 99 Rifle Installed (4 Max)
Anti-aircraft guns 0 Installed (8 Max)

“Hey, Elina. Can you tell me about the currency?”

She was really conflicted about that question.

You won`t?” I cutely tilted my head and put a finger close to my mouth.

“Okay, okay. There are 4 types of coins: copper, silver, gold and platinum. 100 coppers equals 1 silver, 100 silver is 1 gold… You get it?” (E)

“Not bad.” Said I while thinking what should I do with 15 silver in my pocket. I just need 985 silver coins more to buy an upgrade point.

At least I can now use my weaponry.

“Should we return to the town?” (A)

“Oh crap! We got a quest on us!” Elina facepalmed.

“We should inform the guild about what happened. The town guard should be warned as well.” (A)

I will look around.

Where do you think you are going, little fox?” Elina and Albert both grabbed me by my collar and dragged away.

[Carrier Ops will have to wait.]


On our way back to the town we met a trading caravan. Of course I never found it beforehand because I could not launch my planes. No planes – no eyes, and actually no hands.

“Where are you going, guys?” Asked us a fat merchant.

“Back to Crystal Town, and where are you heading?” (E)

“I will trade with Miska village.” (M)

You are lucky, human.

Watch your mouth, beast.” His attendant surely underestimated me. Ignorant fool doesn`t know that kitsune are demons…

“Why am I lucky, girl?” The merchant asked me with suspicion.

“If you arrived there 3 hours ago, we would be talking with your grave.”

What?!” (M)

“The village was raised by a band of mercenaries. We did not arrive in time to save them…” (E)

You better not to go there, there is only death, and runaway murderers.” (A)

The merchant looked very grieved by it.

“Were your loved ones there?”

Yes…” (M)

“They were a woman, a boy and two girls?”

“… How?!” He was staring in a complete shock.

“I saw them being killed. The culprits... did not survive.” After I said that I handed over a pendant.

Yes… it belonged… to her… thank you… girl…” I was disgusted by a sight of a guy crying but… he has his reasons for it. I never showed my condemnation.

Even though he was surprised, he thanked me. I better not to tell him that I was just standing there and waiting until they were dead… Oh well, another little secret will not hurt me

We will return then, there is no use wasting time to go there.” The merchant focused on the problems in front of him. The one so called ‘thank you very much, okitsune-sama.’

Ding

You received 1 upgrade point for your good behavior

For now I dismissed this notification and started to stare at the merchant. This Fuji-sama wants to be praised. And also wants some platinum coins to buy lots of upgrade points.

“How about I give you a lift?” (M)

“That sounds nice, my legs hurt a lot…” (E)

“The sooner we report the better.” (A)

[Look over here. I did not agree. WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?!]

I was speechless because Albert just princess-carried me into the wagon.

I am too shocked to even burn everything.

I… will let it slide… JUST ONCE.

During the remaining way I never even tried to look at them. I was too disappointed in them to bestow my look on them.

Actually, I was bearing my grudge for a short time because we arrived in a couple of hours. And after we did, I stopped my strike.


While Elina was reporting the attack to the guild, Albert went to the guard`s post. Me? I was just eating my share of food. The merchant was generous enough to promise to fill my stomach with everything I want.

[Those were your words, don`t look at me with grief~!]

Thought I, while eating my 10th chicken. I spent the upgrade point into accuracy to have the entire 4% chance to hit something.


“Looks like we have some money thanks to this sudden situation.”

“The people have died, there is nothing to be happy about!” Elina was pouting because of my words. I was just warming up.

“Look at you, you accepted the money even though the people have died…

“…” She was really getting angry.

I wonder if anyone really taught you manners.” She is getting more and more winded up…

“At least I don`t belittle myself by taking the dead man`s money.

YOU!” And now that she is completely boiled…

‘Chu’

Her expression is priceless~. Please, take a photo of it.

Wh-whaaaaa!” She is getting scarlet.

[Pay your fine, for you have already made me embarrassed so many times!]

Erhm… Girls… this is not my concern but…” (A)

It surely is not!” Me and Elina barked at him simultaneously.

C`mon, you liked that kiss, didn`t you~?”     =(O_w_O)=

Can I make a short SSs about Delight? Just as a filler why you wait for the actual chapters.
  • Yes, I want to see what ha... good Delight will do. Votes: 11 25.0%
  • No, focus on the actual chapters. Votes: 21 47.7%
  • I am from Kuronami`s fan club. But still you should make SSs! Votes: 12 27.3%
Total voters: 44 · This poll was closed on Sep 12, 2020 06:03 PM.
102