Ch 29. The act of agression
2.5k 8 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My desire to claim myself some land for my house was just an arbitrary excuse to provoke the duke once again. This bastard tried to tarnish my perfect reputation.

Prior to besieging the castle I decided to make a short stop at a village. We need to buy supplies, weapons and tents.

I sent the maids with Albert, they are going to buy some weapons. Elina and I will be going to buy the supplies and equipment. And while we were walking around we encountered a branch of the adventurers guild.

“What would you like to do here?” A clerk asked us immediately after we entered. The place is almost empty, aside from the clerk there are only two people.

“We want to check what rewards we have and if there are any unfinished quests assigned.” Elina took the initiative. We gave the clerk our tokens.

For a second the clerk’s eyes widened but she immediately began processing our request.

“Please, wait a moment.” The clerk stood up and headed to a backdoor.

“Why do you need that?”

“The equipment is not installed in this building, can you wait a couple of minutes?” (C)

When the clerk walked outside I whispered to Elina.

‘Be ready for a fight. Something is not right.’

While she was surprised by my statement, she still prepared to fight if something goes wrong.

When the clerk returned she gave us the papers with the information we requested.

She tried talking, suggesting something else, etc. This only strengthened my suspicions.

[She tries to hold us here while the guards gather to catch us.]

I decided to no longer tolerate this. I just ignored the clerk and headed towards the exit with Elina in tow.

As I expected, outside were 20 armed men from the village guard and militia.

Stop right now, you are under arrest for murder! Surrender yourselves peacefully or prepare to die!

What a brave talk.” My blood starts boiling. This is no longer anger, I am about to commit an actual mass murder.

“Master, run while you can!” I heard Benet’s voice. If they dared assaulting my servants, they are all going to be facing me.

One last chance to surrender, beast!” With each their word my face grimaced more and more.

Elina, take cover when it begins…” I murmured to her and summoned the gear.

Surrender yourselves, you filth. You dared hurting my servants and friends. You better not to test my patience.” The last warning.

Men! Catch this monster!

So. Be. It.

BANG

Bang Bang Bang


Soon it was over. I never showed mercy to them. Those who have surrendered were killed fast. Those who decided fighting me, either faced their fast death, or were cut in pieces.

My rage had blinded me. All that was left after my rampage are bodies and my servants.

From this moment on I am surely at war with the duke, and almost surely at war with the kingdom.

After we took what we came here for, we headed towards the castle.

I summoned the gear and prepared the planes for sortie. I might’ve just right away bombed the crap out of the defenders but I decided to show them some mercy.

Because Albert is the only one I am not too concerned about, I sent him as my parliamentary.

“On behalf of the most graceful lady Fuji, we offer you to surrender the castle. If you decide to accept our offer, we guarantee your safety and allow you to leave the castle with all you weapons and supplies. If you decide to refuse, be ready for inevitable death.” Just when he finished his words I fired two 100mm shells right in front of the gate. Of course, the speech itself was written by me.

“You have 6 hours to make your decision. Every person who leaves the castle without fighting will have the guarantees of safety as long as they don’t try fighting.” After that he returned. I was both relieved and disappointed. Looks like I still didn’t forgive how he was gazing over my gorgeous body with his perverted eyes.

The waiting begins.


Some of the soldiers were smart enough to flee but that was only a small part of the garrison.

The sun set and the defenders lit up the torches. Archers were standing on the walls. The garrison was preparing to fight the assaulting force. But my military techniques are much more advanced than that.

I ordered sortie. After all my planes were in the air, I ordered them to group. Torpedo bombers will be carpet bombing the castle while dive bombers will make precise attacks on key nodes of enemy defenses. All of the attacks will be supported by my gunfire.

The war begins with my words.

Tora! Tora! Tora!

The first arc is about to be finished, finally. The second arc is already planned but I might need some time to make a suitable plot for it.

Announcement
I am planning my next novel. Its name will be"Machine of war". It will be about a tank crew and their tank being transferred into medieval world (maybe not a fantasy one). If you want to ask question about this novel, you are welcome.
59