‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 6.
2.2k 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Travelling without a passport

For unknown reasons, ever since I participated in a minor exercise that night, the adventurers became more sincere, sometimes they even offered me to participate in their missions. While it is pleasant to know that there are people I can rely on, I still wonder if there is something else to it.

When we go somewhere, I have a lot of time to spend in the forest, or near the river. Our sightseeing always helps me to recover from… not so comfortable furniture in the hotel.

Today I was expecting to go sightseeing as well but suddenly was approached by an unknown person with a very bad choice of fragrance. The person in question asked me a few questions about my companions but I refused to answer them.

“I apologize but if you would not use appropriate phrasing then I refuse to answer your questions.”

The person might look intimidating but I still have my dignity as Royal Navy warship.


When the adventurers returned I told them about my encounter.

“Miss Delight, why don’t we go and choose a new place? You must be tired of the same interior.

Their suggestion was exactly what I needed, so I accepted.

After we exited the town’s borders we headed towards another town. I was feeling someone’s eyes on me, and the feeling was… unpleasant.

The gaze stopped after we were far away from the town. A large group of individuals appeared in front of us. I can already imagine that they have some connections with the rude person from before.

“Do you know that to pass you need to pay a fee? You adventurers have to pay 10 silver. For the beautiful lady we have a discount, only 40 silver! I recommend you not to do stupid things…

Oh my, you have my gratitude for your care but allow me to refuse. I expect you know what happens to those who oppose armed people? While I don’t want bloodshed but I can clearly see that you are criminals.” This phrase was said with my normal, gentle voice befitting my status.

But the next part was much less gentle: “I don’t have prejudice towards killing the criminals.

They decided not to talk anymore and rushed at us.

“My apologies…” While I should say that sincerely, right now it is just a formality.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

39