Ch 34. Shock and awe
2.4k 19 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another week has passed on my deconstruction site.

The count and several other nobles signed some agreements with me, Elina was the first to sign such an agreement. Each of the signatory nobles has sent me some workers and started supplying me with stone and wood for the construction site.

The count also sent me his best architect, who started working on my plans to create myself a good home. His first drafts made me delighted.

From my bitty drawing he managed to develop an actually nice project. It will be a multi-leveled castle with a palace on its second level. The third level will be a tightly protected sanctuary with a small Japanese house for me and my closest servants. The first level will be a small town where the people will live. The project took in consideration both topology of this cliff and my preferences. This is an actual fortress and simultaneously a majestic palace.

The construction of the fortifications will only take several months because the project was well-prepared. The actual buildings will be finished within 6 months after the fortifications.

Another pleasing news was that the nobles had to acknowledge my threat and moved into the count’s mansions until the decision about the duke’s succession will be made.

Considering that my home is being made without my actual participation, I have my hands freed to engage in politics, at least for now. I really want to make Elina handle this crap in my stead.


The place where the noble’s conference will take place was chosen by me, a large and prospering seaside town. It has a large harbor where even the carrier can dock. By showing off my strength I will be able to ease the talking and make them agree faster.

I did not miscalculate, the day the conference started, all nobles who had at least some money hired or sailed the most powerful of their warships, there is an entire fleet gathered. I also gathered myself a small fleet of 3 triremes.

[This will be an interesting show.]

My grinning must be so apparent that some of the nobles started whispering amongst themselves. They think that I sailed those 3 splits here thinking that I can impress someone with my ‘might’.

You have a wonderful fleet, lady Elina.” One of the nobles approached Elina and ironically said that to her.

“Oh, sorry, those are not my ships. You don’t need to worry, the ships are a curtsy of sir Dervin. Fuji asked them to sail here.” She doesn’t get what will happen to those ships, it should be s surprise for all of them.

Ha-ha-ha, a beast who has such a scrap at her side. Why did we even waste our time on this?” Some of the nobles started laughing at my sacrifice to the goddess of seas, or god, whatever.

When a lot of nobles gathered on the pier, I turned around and started talking.

“Welcome to the conference where I will choose the next duke of Caliga. I don’t know what lowly creatures such as humans like, so I decided to give you a little show.” A clamor arose, the nobles were insulted right into their faces by whom they consider to be lower than them.

YOU ANIMAL! I WILL SINK YOUR DAMNED SHIPS IN ONE MOMENT!

WHOM YOU CALLED LOWLY?! BOW DOWN YOU SLAVE!

GUARDS! DRAG THAT BEAST TO THE PRISON!

I was pleased by their reaction. That is exactly what I need.

You dared saying something?” I said that in exaggeratedly calm voice. And eyed the entire noble crowd.

One of them accepted the challenge and walked out towards me with his sword aimed at me.

COME HERE, I WILL END YOUR MISERY!” He was so enraged that his saliva started dripping.

Oh my, come at me, lowborn.” And he ran at me.

I summoned the foxfires and fired them at him.

AAAAAAAAAA

He was burned alive while I didn’t even make a step from my position. I once again looked at the nobles with indifferent eyes.

Anyone else?” And with the same indifference asked them.

I am surprised that such lower beings as humans keep acting all that arrogant in front of me. Very well, if you want that so much, then look… AT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I AM ANGERED!” I shouted the last part and it began.

VROOOOM’ ‘VROOOOM’ ‘VROOOOM

The humming noises of my dive bombers and their escorts filled the surroundings.

One by one, all of my bombers flipped in the air and started falling down like eagles which found their prey. The bombs have landed on top of the prides of those nobles and torn apart the mighty hulls of their wooden ships.

And in the distance, a large group of torpedo bombers began their attack run. One by one the lowered to an altitude where they barely avoided the waves, and dropped their torpedoes.

VROOOOM

Then, with a deafening noise they flashed above us.

I turned my head towards the nobles and asked with a frightening voice.

Does anyone else of you want to test my patience?

What were you expecting after the sacrifice trio was announced?
  • I was expecting that she will sink them to show off. Votes: 14 31.1%
  • I was expecting that the carrier will ram them. Votes: 5 11.1%
  • I was expecting that she will sink them with foxfires. Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I understood that she will just sink all of the ships... Votes: 25 55.6%
Total voters: 45 · This poll was closed on Sep 27, 2020 08:47 AM.
46