Ch 37. Anthology of traveller’s notes
2.3k 5 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am standing in front of the first elevator and listening to an even sound of its hydraulics. Two aircraft were lifted to the flight deck. Slowly they started rolling past me and headed towards the catapults. From the stern of the carrier another two planes rolled towards the other catapults.

With a low humming they started throttling up until their engines started roaring. One after another, all 4 catapults shot the planes into the air. Slowly, the planes started climbing and grouped into a line formation.

After they made a circle they set course for a fly-by and flashed above the deck.

NEOOOOOOOW

“Good one, ‘Ace maids’! Do a couple more passes and then regroup.”

I finally gathered courage to spend 40 platinum coins into buying 4 jet fighters. At first the maids were scared of approaching those shiny metal birds but after some time they got used. Then they were scared of approaching them again, after they saw how much equipment there is in the cockpit. It took four more days to teach them the basics of flight, they are fairies and know how to fly, however, the planes are much harder because they are not yet continuation of their bodies.

That was their first take off in the FJ-3M fighters. Each of the fighters is painted white with black coloring of its tail and nose. To differentiate them on the planes there are insignias: Willow’s is a white ribbon on the black background, it is painted on the sides of the cockpit and the tail fin; Benet has blue tiger stripes on the cockpit; Grace has a green dragon painted on the left side of the fuselage; and Rin has… 3-tailed white fox painted on the right wing with a red background.

They are only pilots-in-training so their combat role is only obstructing the catapults and occupying the place in my hangar…

Ding

You received 10 upgrade points, 5 silver coins, 1 group of A5N fighters, 1 group of B4Y torpedo bombers (Changes all other TB), 127mm/50 3rd Year Type (Main Gun), Dual 127mm/50 3rd Year Type (Main Gun)


IJN Fuji – CV. Level 4/7. (Upgrade cap 70)

FP – 33

AA – 30

AV – 70

RD – 70

AC – 70

  Aircraft groups  
Fighters - A5N Torpedo bombers - B4Y Dive bombers - D3A
Installed - 7 of 8 Installed - 10 of 16 Ready - 6 of 6
Weapon systems  
Main Gun Dual 127mm/50 3rd Year Type
Secondary Guns 4 Type 99 Rifle (4 Max)
Anti-aircraft Guns 8 Type 99 Rifle (8 Max)
Rapid deployment. Lvl 5. Tenacity and bravery. Lvl 2. Brave new world. Lvl 5.
Starts battle with 25% aircraft in air. Every 30s shows your pathetic firepower: 10% bonus to FP and AA. On activation: launches special airstrike of A6M, B5N and D3A. Can be activated every 1 hour.

One more inch to my guns, though I wanted to replace my damned Type 99 rifles…


We were steaming at 31 knots. While I was expecting to see some ship traffic, at least traders, there were no ships here. In the radius of 50 kilometers there are no ships.

There is absolutely nothing, and considering how often having nothing leads to bad stuff happening, I started lifting up the aircraft.

That evening I was still expecting something bad but then something exciting happened. Somehow I saw an aurora, right in the middle of an ocean. Sometimes this world does remind me that it is the world of magic.

“Master, Master! The magic winds!” Willow was jumping from happiness.

So beautiful. I can feel how my body is filled with mana.” Benet was also smiling.

I pulled Rin closer to me.

“What is going on?”

“It is a magical phenomenon, an entire storm made of magic. It is harmless, I would even say it is a good thing. Master doesn’t feel it because Master doesn’t have mana, unlike the others.”

The magical aurora was within our sight for the next week.


One day I found something weird, an unknown underwater signal. I immediately prepared the torpedo bombers and armed the dive bombers with depth charges.

Soon I saw something approaching us, and that was an unknown kind of sea monster. Its back looked like a tortoise’s shell but its head was of a squid. It has a length of about 200 meters.

Well, I might’ve described it as something scary and dangerous… When my aiming shots suddenly hit it, its head was wounded. I already can tell it is not something that can’t be killed.

I started peppering it with 5 inch shells and that made it hide its head inside its armor, which is stronger than my AP shots.

However, when 24 D3A dropped 250 kg penetrating bombs, the poor beast was killed.

I was not excited by that battle, I was not expecting something impossible from it.

What actually made me excited was a large storm that I saw in the distance.

Only after I steamed closer I understood what it is, it is a very thick fog wall.

“Everyone, head inside the ship. I don’t want to lose someone in this mist!”

I can’t describe what I feel by looking at it… but for an unknown reason I feel scared of just looking at it.

51